XFL is Making a Comeback - Official Announcement Set for 3PM Today

Bleedin Green

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You are no longer allowed to ask on an application if someone has been convicted of a felony but for something like DHS you still have to pass a public trust investigation after you are tentatively hired

I was finger printed and I have to attest every year about my legal status and some dude in CT has a license to print money, he is 1 of 2 places you can get your prints redone. Yes  I have to get my finger prints redone like I'm some kind of spy that would alter my prints lol

All I do is handle hazmat 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Its discrimination but its totally legal. I have a felony for handing a guy a bag of weed back in 98 (NJ). It follows you around forever. In my experience, Sales and the Hospitality industries are the only ones that dont have a cow about it. 

The game they like to play is to keep you as a customer forever. Thankfully I saw what they were up to and was done with probation and all that by 01. That charge is still there though. 

ps- preventing "convicted" felons from ever regaining the same status as the average law abiding citizenry is not discriminatory it's common sense... and the apt word in all this is "convicted". 

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I'm not too sure about that. All in all McMahon is a smart man and he knows his target audience. Back with the XFL, he was appealing to the WWE audience, and since the NFL was massively popular, they needed to make it EXTREME to set it apart. I think this go around instead of targeting Wrestling lovers he targets "Old school NFL fans", all those people boycotting over politics, sick of the controversial reffing, tired of one team getting all the breaks and yes, most likely sick of all the "you can only tackle a player above the knees and below the shoulders" flags. 

Adding to that, if (huge IF), they can attract college players who either failed out of school due to grades, arrests etc. or attract players out of high school that would rather get paid than risk injury in college, they might have a legitimate chance. 

No one with a criminal record narrows your pool of players considerably.

I dislike McMahon more than Goodell.  Yuck.

1 hour ago, LurkerKing said:

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employment_discrimination_against_persons_with_criminal_records_in_the_United_States

"That said, blanket policies or practices e.g., exclusion of all job applicants with convictions from hiring may violate the Act due to the disparate impact on some minorities protected by the act who might have as a subpopulation higher rates of criminal convictions and arrests."

It would be difficult to have a blanket policy like the one he proposes. 

That's just Total progressive excrement...  utter nonsense  :wacko:

5 hours ago, prime21 said:

LOL.  Like the article states, it will probably be toned down and it should.  If you want people to take it seriously, which will be very difficult, then you have make a great presentation to the audience.  Inferior players and gimmick ideas just doesn't work.  No matter what he does, there has to be competitive games.

It worked & still works for the WWE... they were just following the same formula... only difference is the WWE is not the NFL... Hopefully they learned from their mistake & put out a better product.  I for one will be very much interested in seeing it especially with the load hot steaming crap coming out of the nfl today.

32 minutes ago, jetsons said:

ps- preventing "convicted" felons from ever regaining the same status as the average law abiding citizenry is not discriminatory it's common sense... and the apt word in all this is "convicted". 

So you're cool with me not being allowed to vote in certain states because I handed a guy a bag of weed 20 years ago? Thats what you're going to go with here? 

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Its discrimination but its totally legal. I have a felony for handing a guy a bag of weed back in 98 (NJ). It follows you around forever. In my experience, Sales and the Hospitality industries are the only ones that dont have a cow about it. 

The game they like to play is to keep you as a customer forever. Thankfully I saw what they were up to and was done with probation and all that by 01. That charge is still there though. 

It's listed as being on par with heroin, according to the Feds.  Such a joke.  And jails are filled with people convicted of non-violent minor drug offenses.  Heck, Josh Gordon was suspended and Ricky Williams had to quit football over it.  The insanity continues...

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's listed as being on par with heroin, according to the Feds.  Such a joke.  And jails are filled with people convicted of non-violent minor drug offenses.  Heck, Josh Gordon was suspended and Ricky Williams had to quit football over it.  The insanity continues...

Yep. Thankfully some state legislatures are coming around. 

ETA, it really does help people with certain medical conditions. Someone very very close to me has epilepsy. When they were on the prescriptions it was a roll of the dice on whether they'd have a grand mal seizure that day or not. On weed and no prescriptions? No seizures. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The Albuquerque Aardvarks with our second round pick are pleased to choose, Christian Hackenburg QB, Penn State.

Excellent. I been looking forward to saying,” Release the Hacken!” Since we drafted him. Kinda takes away the thump of it when he is standing on the sidelines wearing khakis. 

9 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

ETA, it really does help people with certain medical conditions. Someone very very close to me has epilepsy. When they were on the prescriptions it was a roll of the dice on whether they'd have a grand mal seizure that day or not. On weed and no prescriptions? No seizures. 

Yep, I am aware of this.  It's an absolute travesty what's going on.

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wouldn't it be something if the Jets draft a super stud QB in 2020 but he also gets drafted by the xfl and the Jets lose him in a bidding war? 

Well at least that would end Namaths curse 

LMFAO!  That would be the cherry on top of our sh*t sandwich.

NFL ratings are down for a variety of reasons, they have all been mentioned on this board.   The Twitter idiots making this all about the standing or kneeling are deluding themselves. That is only the loudest issue.  So many other reasons affecting a bigger percent of the drop and the NFL knows it. 

The XFL is highly unlikely to;

1) fix enough of the aforementioned problems to stop the bleeding of the sport itself.

AND

2)draw enough quality players away from the NFL to make a decent product.

AND

3)attract the required number of fans fast enough to stay afloat financially.

This will fail... again.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

NFL ratings are down for a variety of reasons, they have all been mentioned on this board.   The Twitter idiots making this all about the standing/kneeling issue are deluding themselves. That is only the loudest issue.  So many other reasons affecting a bigger percent of the drop and the NFL knows it. 

The XFL is highly unlikely to;

1) fix enough of the aforementioned problems to stop the bleeding.

AND

2)draw enough quality players away from the NFL to make a decent product

AND

3)attract the required number of fans fast enough to stay afloat.

This will fail... again.

Most likely, yes. However it has a better chance of making it now than it did in 2001.

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Most likely, yes. However it has a better chance of making it now than it did in 2001.

Really?

You must know plenty of people that watch the sport.  Do you imagine any of them adopting an XFL team with the same passion as their university or favorite NFL club?  Season tickets?

Me neither...

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I don't. But then again, I'm a communist heathen who isn't boycotting the NFL.

That said, I can see where some people who have boycotted the league because of the kneeling will embrace an alternative league just so they can tell everyone about it on social media.

Maybe... until they realize that watching a game on TV between two teams of collegiate level players, in uniforms they don't recognize, from secondary market cities, in front of a empty stadium... isn't all that interesting.  Might as well watch a Colorado State vs. Wyoming game.

The novelty will be short-lived.  It might even be still-born.

9 hours ago, prime21 said:

LOL.  Like the article states, it will probably be toned down and it should.  If you want people to take it seriously, which will be very difficult, then you have make a great presentation to the audience.  Inferior players and gimmick ideas just doesn't work.  No matter what he does, there has to be competitive games.

Aren't enough good QBs to go around, nor enough OL  talent to keep them standing. Not going to run lots of slants and posts, dumbed down bad offense. So lots of boring draws and off tackles; Todd Bowles might find his happy place. Late January/early February means going up vs. the NFL, then runs into the NCAA tournament and baseball, and then NBA and NHL playoffs. There's only so many hours of sports anyone can watch, and younger people don't watch sports as much as older people do. As far as younger college age players, not many 18-20 year old guys can play NCAA until they're juniors, no reason to think they'll be any better as pros. 

McMahon has $100 million in his couch cushions, so he can afford to lose it . But if he's not somehow with the NFL as a feeder or minor league, it's not going to work. And the NFL gave up on that idea with the FXFL after 2 seasons, and the World League before that. If the NFL couldn't make $, no reason to think Mcmahon can do so. 

7 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

McMahon just stated that there will be zero tolerance for criminality. If a player has a DUI they won't be an XFL player. Think that might disqualify Manziel but we shall see how strictly he abides by that thought. 

Again, I think this points to my statement above that he is really going for the middle-america sick of the kneelers, criminals of the NFL crowd. 

Are they going to drug test? WWE certainly doesn't in any real sense. 

8 hours ago, Jet9 said:

So you're cool with me not being allowed to vote in certain states because I handed a guy a bag of weed 20 years ago? Thats what you're going to go with here? 

if you're a convicted felon, yes... ps- just a "bag" of weed doesn't constitute a felony charge there must a significant weight to it... in addition, to actually have a felony "conviction" there must been something significant behind it.

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

if you're a convicted felon, yes... ps- just a "bag" of weed doesn't constitute a felony charge there must a significant weight to it... in addition, to actually have a felony "conviction" there must been something significant behind it.

Possession of under 20 grams and possession with intent since I handed it to the guy.

Combined it all down in to one charge of poss w intent. I was 19 years old. That's what happened. 

2 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Possession of under 20 grams and possession with intent since I handed it to the guy.

Combined it all down in to one charge of poss w intent. I was 19 years old. That's what happened. 

I'm not denying your situation, unfortunately some prosecutors/judges are a little too fervent in the performance of their duties.... where I'm from a 1st offense charge like that would never result in a felony conviction... only if I had prior convictions of lesser offenses would that even be considered.

7 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m looking forward to this, can’t get enough football as baseball and basketball don’t quite do it for me. 

I love spring football, I watched the USFL as a kid, I watched the World League in the early 90s(when the Knights were in play before they made it NFL Europe) and I watched the XFL.  You can't go into it expecting the NFL product but it's still fun. 

If McMahon is for real and has some money behind this league where he can make people watch is to kind of do what the USFL did and poach good NFL players and college stars that would have went to the NFL.  they can go after college underclassman and create a buzz.  Today everyone is always complaining about college players not getting paid, here's an opportunity to get paid to play before going to the NFL.

I really want this to succeed but unless he uses his influence to reduce/eliminate or outright ignore the NCAA's draft eligibility rules that currently exist for the NFL, it won't. The talent pool has to be expanded.

Basically, in the first 5 or so years, they can't go up against the NFL. Barriers to entry are real, and unless they undercut the talent market, they'll be dead within 3 years.

The way to do this for sustainability and scalability is to begin by making this some sort of paid developmental league alternative to college football which emphasizes grassroots football, training, and visible progression of players which ultimately leads to them making it to the NFL. Once that is accomplished, 4,5 years from 2020, you start throwing big money at the guys looking to make the jump and tell them to stay and be the faces of a new league that competes directly with the NFL.

Oh, and also, backtrack like a mofo on the "no criminal record" crap. That's one of the best ways to get talent that gets left behind in the NFL, and even attracts other talent. Once they're in your league, put harsh penalties in place, but don't omit them from the talent pool from the getgo. That's just plain stupid.

14 hours ago, Jet9 said:

My wife is the same.  Was having as many as 8 grand mal seizures a day.  No medicines helped, in fact they hurt the situation by giving her even more side effects.  Moved to a medical marijuana state and switched to weed and she is doing so much better.

Archived