FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

12 minutes ago, TopCop said:

The only concern I have is the longer the Cousins saga plays out, the longer it keeps us from making other moves.  Other teams will be positioning themselves to draft one of the top 3 QB’s while we’re waiting for Cousins to make a decision.  Cousins needs to make a decision by the end of the week or we just need to move on

Possible. But we have lots of money and if players want to get the biggest contract they will want to wait to see what we do. We can't let this play out for a week. But I think we have a solid 48 hours before this starts to get dicey. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nycdan said:

Damn, they are going hard at this.  Suddenly, they can offer more than the Jets.

at some point we will all realize that mccagnan is not trading up for anyone.  he will let the draft come to him.  this means we're getting either chubb or allen.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

at some point we will all realize that mccagnan is not trading up for anyone.  he will let the draft come to him.  this means we're getting either chubb or allen.

If we sign Cousins or Keenum he has hitched his wagon and he doesn't have to draft a QB there

On 3/4/2018 at 11:43 PM, pointman said:

Dez is 29. I thought he was a few years older than that. Surprising. He hasn't been elite since 2014 so who cares. He isn't worth 16m.

It would be essentially a two year deal

its starting to look like the jets are getting shut out in free agency

Just now, Skeptable said:

Bills slowly creeping up in the 1st... I could see the Giants taking the Bills 2 firsts and a 2nd.

I’d say that deal is more done then Cousins to the Vikings, the Bills don’t do this sh*t on a whim, there have definitely been some real talks.  Giants accomplish 2 things first and foremost they **** the Jets, and B they can now draft something like Roquan Smith, and Mike McGlinchy to give Eli and Shurmer 2-3 years to go after it.

I know it's probably overreacting but i'm frustrated i'm not hearing more about the Jets and who they are interested. I keep hearing about all these players and none of them besides Cousins and Richburg are being linked to the Jets.

The Jets should be aggressive in not only the QB market but O-line, CB, pass rusher, and receiver market as well. I wanna hear more names linked to the Jets.

The Bills being super aggressive is annoying. They are in a real good position to jump the Jets in the draft and get a QB if thats the route they are looking to go.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

If we sign Cousins or Keenum he has hitched his wagon and he doesn't have to draft a QB

With Cousins, I agree. Keenum is a journeyman QB coming off 1 good season where his current team never committed to him and made no effort to retain. Not sure why signing Keenum would lead anyone to think that the QB position is locked up for the next 3-6 years thereby negating the need to draft a QB. 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Bills are being really aggressive. They hold the number 12 overall pick now after this Cordy Glenn trade. If we don't get Cousins we are going to have to be aggressive in the draft in order to land a QB. Most likely going to have to move up...

Well going purely by the trade chart, our top 3 picks are still worth a little more than BUFs top 3 picks.  2,540 vs. 2,350.  BUF has the top pick in the 3rd round which is worth 265 vs. 230 for ours so that doesn't do much to close the gap.  In a way, I'm relieved that Cordy Glenn is off the board, because it was hard to know how another team would value him.

Ultimately, we still should control the board if we are determined to trade up but one never knows. 

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Bills slowly creeping up in the 1st... I could see the Giants taking the Bills 2 firsts and a 2nd.

makes good sense for both teams.  and it would also encourage cleveland to take a qb first with trades looming.

darnold and rosen could easily be the first two guys off the board.  then that indy slot becomes the trade up spot for everyone else.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

It would be essentially a two year deal

its starting to look like the jets are getting shut out in free agency

lol, free agency hasn't even started and you are already saying we are shut out.

anyway, i'd rather have more mid-priced guys than a bunch of very expensive guys.  think you get better value if you wait.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I know it's probably overreacting but i'm frustrated i'm not hearing more about the Jets and who they are interested. I keep hearing about all these players and none of them besides Cousins and Richburg are being linked to the Jets.

The Jets should be aggressive in not only the QB market but O-line, CB, pass rusher, and receiver market as well. I wanna hear more names linked to the Jets.

The Bills being super aggressive is annoying. They are in a real good position to jump the Jets in the draft and get a QB if thats the route they are looking to go.

I know what you mean but on the flip side, maybe they are tight lipped about who they want which is a good thing.  You don't need to show your hand.   

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

darnold and rosen could easily be the first two guys off the board. 

This has been the case for 16 months!  It’s never changed regardless of what the media, and living room scouts want to tell you different, AND none of the other QB’s are worth jack sh*t NONE!  The Jets ****ed this up, and I hope the Giants **** it up also by trading back, I just wish it wasn’t with the Bills.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

This has been the case for 16 months!  It’s never changed regardless of what the media, and living room scouts want to tell you different, AND none of the other QB’s are worth jack sh*t NONE!  The Jets ****ed this up, and I hope the Giants **** it up also by trading back, I just wish it wasn’t with the Bills.

assuming cleveland ends up with barkley and indy stays in the top 5 and takes chubb, the jets can get one of the 4 qbs.  but it could be allen though.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

assuming cleveland ends up with barkley and indy stays in the top 5 and takes chubb, the jets can get one of the 4 qbs.  but it could be allen though.

There is no top 4 QB’s there are 2 top QB’s what part of my post didn’t make that abundantly clear?

Just now, Lupz27 said:

There is no top 4 QB’s there are 2 top QB’s what part of my post didn’t make that abundantly clear?

my point is, the jets can get allen or mayfield, one of the top 4.  but they're probably not sniffing darnold or rosen unless cleveland loves allen.

Archived