The harsh reality!

LockeJET

Don't post here often but for those of you who know me from the other board should remember that I have a solid connection from within our organization. All I will say is this. We were in on a bunch of these guys. We offered Robinson and Cousins more money then they received and we were willing to match any deal on Norwell. All 3 of these guys chose better situations over money. So the blame shouldn't be on Mac for not signing guys. The blame should be on Mac for putting together such a crappy roster that when all things are equal the top players and coaches don't come here.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LockeJET said:

Don't post here often but for those of you who know me from the other board should remember that I have a solid connection from within our organization. All I will say is this. We were in on a bunch of these guys. We offered Robinson and Cousins more money then they received and we were willing to match any deal on Norwell. All 3 of these guys chose better situations over money. So the blame shouldn't be on Mac for not signing guys. The blame should be on Mac for putting together such a crappy roster that when all things are equal the top players and coaches don't come here.

This was supposed to make us feel better? Talk about rubbing s*** on the bullet before loading the chamber!

Seriously though, this is the worst indictment possible. Has to reflect as much if not more on Bowles than Macc. Players won't even take our money. You can't operate a competitive team in a situation like that. Changes need to be made.

2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Jets should have cleaned house after back to back 5-11 seasons.

Absolutely spot on. There was no reason or excuse to bring these to incompetent spoobs back for 2 more losing seasons. It shows lucid incompetency. It shows acceptance of mediocrity and losing.

I have lost total interest in NY Jets football because in reality, there is no hope.

4 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

I believe you completely. Thats whats so tragic. These 2 should be fired for creating the worse possible atmosphere here.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

Absolutely spot on. There was no reason or excuse to bring these to incompetent spoobs back for 2 more losing seasons.

Now we get el latte spending $90 million on the only guys who will be willing to play for clueless bowles--those with no options elsewhere--making 2019 a less attractive situation for the new regime to step into. Result: Another rookie GM/HC combo.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

what mccagnan is learning, finally, is that there is a price to be paid for ignoring offense.  you can't keep drafting defense in the first round, you can't keep ignoring qb.  why would any offensive player come here?  and now we know - they won't.

To add insult to injury our defensive minded HC couldn't even keep the defensive locker room "leaders" under control and the defense is putrid. Go Jets!

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i'm not so sure i believe this.  

Believe what you want but it's 100% the truth. Now, Mac might paint a different picture to make he and the franchise look better but I'm not saying anything that isn't true.

8 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Thanks for the post OP, and if true, wow, just wow, we are back in the... 

late 70's early 80's BBT (Before Big Tuna aka Duane Charles "Bill" Parcells)

I never thought it could get as bad as it did in the 70s.  An entire decade without a playoff appearance.  Well, we are just 3 years away from doing it again.   3rd longest current playoff drought in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

We were obviously all in on Cousins. But that didnt stop Mac from trying to make other moves. He was very very aggressive! The players just chose to go elsewhere. We were ready to spend big.

No idea how aggressive he was or not, but this is what many of us were worried about...

If money was close, why would anyone come here?  There's literally nothing to like about this team, nor be hopeful about right now.

As an aside, what does your source say about the Jets drafting a SS at 6.  What was the thinking?

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Now we get el latte spending $90 million on the only guys who will be willing to play for clueless bowles--those with no options elsewhere--making 2019 a less attractive situation for the new regime to step into. Result: Another rookie GM/HC combo.

We all know Malcom Butler will be a total disaster here without Belicheck.  

Just now, FidelioJet said:

There's no way to know that was true...and highly unlikely.  Cousins being the only one.  We were never attached to the other two - never mentioend other than by fans.

I haven't even heard anyoen else say this other than the OP

Jags were never attached to Norwell. It's how this works.

Archived