Saquon Barkley Will Be The Pick

SAR I

1 hour ago, burkett2112 said:

If their guy was off the board it would actually be the smart move. Were the jets and we dont make smart moves. This is fiction

There is NO WAY the Jets guy at QB can be off the board by three. Even if Darnold and Mayfield are off the board the Jets would take Rosen. I don't think they care for Allen who is another developmental type and the Jets don't develop QB's well. If they take Barkley it means another year of mediocre McCown unless Bridgewater is completely healthy. With Barkley and a healthy Bridgewater the Jets could be a playoff contender. Bridgewater was looking like a fine QB prospect until he got hurt and he is only 25.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, kelly said:

dear bearf, hi !.. BPA... Luv, kelly ~ ~ 

:wub:

BPA siting at #6?  Fine be my guest, treading three 2nd rounders to move up and then saying 'oh our qb is gone' is pure lunacy.

Also Barkley is being vastly overrated by almost everyone.

50 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ooooo a college kid got drunk, what a weird case.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING..indicates he is a continuous alcoholic with real issues. You sound like a Phil bot. Cut it out.

Being a drunken problem child is now a good thing!

Just now, Beerfish said:

BPA siting at #6?  Fine be my guest, treading three 2nd rounders to move up and then saying 'oh our qb is gone' is pure lunacy.

Also Barkley is being vastly overrated by almost everyone.

I think Barkley will be good but he is the second most overhyped player in the draft after Mayfield 

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

There is NO WAY the Jets guy at QB can be off the board by three. Even if Darnold and Mayfield are off the board the Jets would take Rosen. I don't think they care for Allen who is another developmental type and the Jets don't develop QB's well. If they take Barkley it means another year of mediocre McCown unless Bridgewater is completely healthy. With Barkley and a healthy Bridgewater the Jets could be a playoff contender. Bridgewater was looking like a fine QB prospect until he got hurt and he is only 25.

I cannot provide too much detail due to the danger of its impact on future events, but it will come out that the Jets were in love with 1 and had a 1A but both were gone and they were not willing to take a chance on the other two, they did not believe they had the skills.  Thus Barkley as the BPA on their board at #3.

SAR I

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

If that happened, they should just disband the team.

And that's coming from someone who loves Barkley as a prospect.

QB, or disband. Those are the choices.

The media is hyping up all 4 quarterbacks as amazing NFL prospects because it's good media.

If the reality is there is 1 sure thing (Darnold) and 1 feels really good (Mayfield) and both are gone it would make no sense to take one of the other two just for the sake of "getting a quarterback".  The Jets tried this, they tried reaching for QB's that were not sure things and were thought to be high-risk and we would up with 3 wasted Geno Smith years and 2 wasted Christian Hackenberg years.

Taking a QB at #3 because the media has convinced you that there are 4 great QB's in this draft is not a wise train of thought.  Anyway, it's best to start wrapping your brain around Saquon Barkley because it is happening.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

With all due respect, if I came back from the future, I would be making billions of dollars on the stock market trading options, not filling in Jets fans on who their draft pick is.

That is all

I stand to make more money off of the sale of the technology than any Marty McFly Sports Journal scheme.  Not to mention, in the future they come back in time to catch white collar criminals who take advantage of this knowledge.

I'm just glad I'm not a Mets fan.  I can say no more.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The media is hyping up all 4 quarterbacks as amazing NFL prospects because it's good media.

If the reality is there is 1 sure thing (Darnold) and 1 feels really good (Mayfield) and both are gone it would make no sense to take one of the other two just for the sake of "getting a quarterback".  The Jets tried this, they tried reaching for QB's that were not sure things and were thought to be high-risk and we would up with 3 wasted Geno Smith years and 2 wasted Christian Hackenberg years.

Taking a QB at #3 because the media has convinced you that there are 4 great QB's in this draft is not a wise train of thought.  Anyway, it's best to start wrapping your brain around Saquon Barkley because it is happening.

SAR I

Maybe, you should have traveled back in time and come to the conclusion there are at least 3 top notch QB's and maybe 4.

The Jets tried this in the 2nd round, not in the top 3 picks of the entire draft . Putting it in terms for you its like comparing BMW's to a Ford Fiesta.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I stand to make more money off of the sale of the technology than any Marty McFly Sports Journal scheme.  Not to mention, in the future they come back in time to catch white collar criminals who take advantage of this knowledge.

SAR I

SAR    do the Rangers win the Cup again as soon as they dump Lunqvist?

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think Barkley will be good but he is the second most over-hyped player in the draft after Mayfield 

I don't think so, I think he's the real deal. Then again I thought Roger Vick and Blair Thomas were too.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

As some of you are aware, I recently returned from the future and know what the Jets destiny is.

While I cannot reveal too much as it could have serious consequences on future events, I can tell you that the Jets pick at #3 on Thursday will be Saquon Barkley.  It takes awhile for the story to come out but the QB the Jets were considering was off the board, there were no trade partners, and Barkley was the BPA.

Now that you know, you can stop all the quarterback bickering and relax.  Until next season, that is.

SAR I

you must be pretty bored.  

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Maybe, you should have traveled back in time and come to the conclusion there are at least 3 top notch QB's and maybe 4.

The Jets tried this in the 2nd round, not in the top 3 picks of the entire draft . Putting it in terms for you its like comparing BMW's to a Ford Fiesta.

I am not saying I agree with the Jets decision-making.  I am merely telling you what decision they make.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Hey, its all good man, this is great info. The most entertaining part of this is @dbatesman responding to this as though your giving real info from the future. LOL.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I know it sounds suspicious, and I wouldn't believe me either.  Come Thursday perhaps you will.

SAR I

I know you don't want to say too much on the future, but after we draft Barkely, do we sign Sanchez to a team friendly (due to PED suspension) deal, start McCown for 4 weeks, then bring in Sanchez and go on to back-to-back AFCG appearance glory?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I know it sounds suspicious, and I wouldn't believe me either.  Come Thursday perhaps you will.

SAR I

Oh I believe you.

Just be calm, stay on the phone, people will be there shortly who also believe you.  

4-15-18-straight-jacket.png

I have to say that it stinks we were not in position to take Saquon Barkley (meaning we already had a FQB but just happened to pick this high - similar to the Colts).  He's a great prospect, supposedly a terrific kid, and he grew up a Jets fan.  Now he'll make his name with the Giants.  But at least we'll get to watch his career if he ends up with the Giants.  And that offense should be interesting with Beckham and Barkley.

When the trade first happened, most believed it was because the Jets have 3 QBs they are happy with but Rappoport believed it was because they had 2 QBs and the Giants weren't going QB at 2. 

if the Jets only have 2 QB on their board not 3 then Barkley could be the "safety school" pick if say Buffalo or ARZ trades the farm to get up to 2. 

For me it would mean Allen and Mayfield are off the board. SoCal QBs and the NYJ don't mix. 

Most likely the Browns take a QB, the Giants don't and the Jets get QB 2 at 3 overall. 

but if by some miracle Barkley does become a NY Jets player he will be the best offensive weapon this team has had since early career Curtis Martin and Santana Moss. He's both of those guys in a 230 pound package. He's the type of player that moves the Vegas line by 2 points by himself, like  zeke or prime AD. He's a home run threat and Jets fans haven't seen that in some time. 

my point is whatever team drafts Barkley, their fans will complain it was too high a pick, until they see him play. The first time he takes a play to the house everyone will forget about the draft picks or the priced paid 

as for the jets this franchise wastes 2nd round picks like water. No one should be mad about losing the next Christian Hackenberg or Devin Smith. 8 of the last 10 Jets 2nd round picks have been busts. SO let's be real about the value of these 2nd round picks. Maybe a different franchise could find 3 starters with those picks. The Jets don't do that. 

Archived