Cleveland Reporter now saying Dorsey finally showed his board to his staff and it's going to be Mayfield at 1

Bruce Harper

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

Doesn't sound any dumber to me than the other guys.  Tested higher than Mayfield on the Wonderlic.  Is a bit inexperienced though, which worries me about the Sanchez parallels. 

The Browns are passing on him because he sucked on the whiteboard. Think about that. He's too dumb for THE BROWNS.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MDL_JET said:

This should honestly be the easiest decision for the Jets in a long time. Should have 3 cards already filled out with Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen. Whichever is left...immediately hand in.

I love how your brain can't even entertain the thought of Josh Allen being the pick. Ignoring Allen doesn't decrease the chances the Jets opt to take him. If Mayfield goes 1 and Darnold goes 2, there is a real chance the Jets go with Allen. Just saying. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love how your brain can't even entertain the thought of Josh Allen being the pick. Ignoring Allen doesn't decrease the chances the Jets opt to take him. If Mayfield goes 1 and Darnold goes 2, there is a real chance the Jets go with Allen. Just saying. 

Because Allen should not even be a thought to the Jets. Makes no sense for them. I'm trying to think positive thoughts here. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I sure hope not.

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Worst case scenario for Jets.  Mayfield is best qb in this class.  smart move by cleveland.

That's my take

I really hope we get Rosen now.    Mayfield is my #1,    Rosen my 1A, it's more injury stuff with him.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Because Allen should not even be a thought to the Jets. Makes no sense for them. I'm trying to think positive thoughts here. 

That's fine, unless Allen turns out to be the best of  the bunch. It's nice that many here have dismissed Allen as a prospect, but that doesn't really make it so. While I don't necessarily trust the Jets to do the right thing, I trust random posters on this forum even less. Many who just see "OMG low Comp Pct" and conclude this kid has a zero pct chance of success. 

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

So Dorsey has been tight lipped this whole time, shows his inner circle who they will select and then someone leaks that out right away?   Not buying it.

And by 8:05pm tonight, Browns select Josh Rosen and say f u to everyone. 

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

So Dorsey has been tight lipped this whole time, shows his inner circle who they will select and then someone leaks that out right away?   Not buying it.

I can think of one reason why he'd let it out now.  They may be planning to get Mayfield to the draft on a private jet now as a surprise.  It would be right up Mayfield's attention-craving alley.  NFLN and ESPN would love it to.  

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's fine, unless Allen turns out to be the best of  the bunch. It's nice that many here have dismissed Allen as a prospect, but that doesn't really make it so. While I don't necessarily trust the Jets to do the right thing, I trust random posters on this forum even less. Many who just see "OMG low Comp Pct" and conclude this kid has a zero pct chance of success. 

Never said he has zero chance of success.  I think they all have a chance to be successful. Just rather the other 3 much more. 

12 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Doesn't sound any dumber to me than the other guys.  Tested higher than Mayfield on the Wonderlic.  Is a bit inexperienced though, which worries me about the Sanchez parallels. 

they should make them take the wonderlic while being chased by pass rushers

6 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Please god if this is true let the Giants take Darnold so we can get Rosen.

Mac did this deal because he decided that any of three QBs worked.  Hopefully one of those 3 was not Allen. 

Hopefully Mac did not think he was tricking or outsmarting any other team.  He needs to be prepared and have a plan if that QB ends up being his third choice.  I highly doubt that if he ends up with his third choice he ever admits that, although I think if anyone else other than the Johnsons know his order, it will eventually get leaked.  

Its out of his hands.  It needs to be out of his hands.  He should not trade anymore picks here.  

Archived