Cleveland Reporter now saying Dorsey finally showed his board to his staff and it's going to be Mayfield at 1

Bruce Harper

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

People are pretty damn confident. 

I don't think I can take any more of this. This is without question the most bizarre lead up to any draft I have ever seen. 

The 2000 draft had the Jets with FOUR first round selections and it wasn't even in the same ballpark as to what is going on right now.

15 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

I don't think I can take any more of this. This is without question the most bizarre lead up to any draft I have ever seen. 

The 2000 draft had the Jets with FOUR first round selections and it wasn't even in the same ballpark as to what is going on right now.

Totally agree. I just think there's TOO much info out there. BTW: Wish we had 4 1st rounders this year. ;)

7 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Mort was on nfl Sirius and said Mayfield is the pick and he is not at the draft.   Gonna be funny to watch.  

He also said Cleveland was not impressed with Darnold on the white board.  

Please draft Rosin, need a qb with brains 

Cleveland was impressed with Manziel and Kizer on the white board....(yeah, yeah, different management)

22 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I wanted Mayfield, but at least he won’t be going to someone else in the AFC East.  I’m fine with Rosen and not having to see Baker in a stupid Bills or Dolphins jersey twice a year.

I've said from day 1 that I'd be happy with any of the top 4. Rosen would be fine.

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

C'mon, where did you read that? There was a report just a couple of weeks ago that polled all the team GM's and Darnold was ranked #1 by a large margin.

Hes gotten the least coverage by far. Mayfiels and rosen get the most. Even allen gets more than darnold. 

Darnold is like an afterthought now

34 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

For what its worth--

It might have always been Baker @1... Dorsey before he was hired as GM was flying around the country and going to Mayfield games. He loves the motherfcker... and so does his boy Scotty too-drunk. The Darnold and Allen narratives were always media driven. 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mayock was just on the rich eisen show said mayfield at 1 is all smoke.  Darnold still the pick.

Obviously this is going to go back and forth.  I know Mike is the "draft guru", and as much as I want this to be true, I think I would take Mort's word over his when it comes to inside knowledge.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

If the Jets leaked all the bogus love for Mayfield in order to get their real #1 target it was masterfully played.

Guess all that whining about winning a few games was for nothing... 

I said the same thing about the Allen leak. lol  Less than 7 hrs. now.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Who the hell knows ? We still might wind up with Mayfield.

Not sure if you're a hopeful Mayfield fan, I'd be surprised at this point given this report. However, anything can happen and all the people saying theres no reason for smoke up top is BS, Browns hold the 4th pick, their 1st pick will directly impact who's available at 4, if they can convince Giants to trade down to not take Barkley it would be a win for the Browns

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I didnt hear it live.  Eisen recapped it.  Mayock still has Darnold, barkley, mayfield as his top 3.  Mayock was on about 12:30.

Mayock is a blowhard, a self-proclaimed draft guru. He doesn't have the pulse of Cleveland brass the way their regional beat reporter does. I think Mayfield is the #1 pick, so does Vegas. All the Darnold to Cleveland crap were these draft nerds putting it that way in their mock draft.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

I said the same thing about the Allen leak. lol  Less than 7 hrs. now.

pretty exciting stuff!

It's possible Mayfield being used as a pawn by multiple teams jockeying for position...  I still don't believe that GM's are fond of the fact he's doing documentaries and acting like a hot shot.

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

The Browns are passing on him because he sucked on the whiteboard. Think about that. He's too dumb for THE BROWNS.

Think about it, youre going on what the Browns think.  As if they are the model to go by

1 minute ago, Pac said:

pretty exciting stuff!

It's possible Mayfield being used as a pawn by multiple teams jockeying for position...  I still don't believe that GM's are fond of the fact he's doing documentaries and acting like a hot shot.

or maybe leverage in negotiating with darnold?

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold is a fat cow.  Id go rosen if mayfield is gone.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I've seen enough of either to tell you which is definitively better. I like Rosen and Darnold, I think the fumbles, the attitude, and injuries are all overblown, they'll both be good.

1 hour ago, Sully80 said:

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I've seen enough of either to tell you which is definitively better. I like Rosen and Darnold, I think the fumbles, the attitude, and injuries are all overblown, they'll both be good.

Rosen had 2 concussions in HS and 2 in college. Don't think its overblown. 

Archived