Cleveland Reporter now saying Dorsey finally showed his board to his staff and it's going to be Mayfield at 1

Bruce Harper

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RSJ said:

This is why we need the draft in radio city. I can see the whole crowd chanting “We want Rosen”. Just to have the card handed in and it be Josh Allen. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Those WERE great times with the NYC crowd into it. Too bad that Dbag Goodell is ruining everything. Next a team (Jags) will move to London putting another nail in the coffin. Killing the golden goose.

39 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love how your brain can't even entertain the thought of Josh Allen being the pick. Ignoring Allen doesn't decrease the chances the Jets opt to take him. If Mayfield goes 1 and Darnold goes 2, there is a real chance the Jets go with Allen. Just saying. 

Jets love Mr. Allen

34 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jets really haven't shown a lot of interest in Allen though. They didn't have come in for an interview etc.

Jets were the only team to have a private workout with him soo....

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If true im not surprised. It would be a good pick in terms of drafting a QB as well as a nice guy to sit behind Tyrod and learn from him. They're the same size, and though Tyrod is much more athletic than Mayfield, Mayfield is a much better passer and is still a decent athlete. Putting Mayfield in a position the develop behind the scenes is great. Giving the keys to rookie QB where that team is 1-31 the past 2 seasons isnt a good idea. They should allow Tyrod to play the entire season, if Jarvis Landry proves to be a great pickup then extend him next offseason and solidify another experienced WR to provide to Mayfield next season. 

If they go Mayfield and Chubb, probably take a few of those 2nd round picks.and trade back up into the 1st round late and draft a guy like Isaiah Oliver as well as get a quality FS that would allow them to put Jabrill Peppers back to his natural position, the Browns could possibly turn this around in 1 season. 

Or it could be smoke and the Browns are trying to force a team, like the Jets for example, to trade up when they really dont have to. 

The only thing we know for certain is that Josh Allen really love Lil'Wayne music. :-) 

They have so many options.

QB and Chubb, what a pass rush they could develop.  Or they could trade back from #4, maybe get another first rounder next year, and 2 first rounders AGAIN next year, and get O line or Corner help this year. 

2 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Jets love Mr. Allen

Jets were the only team to have a private workout with him soo....

HEY !  Maybe the JETS leaked those Allen tweets so Cleveland wouldn't take him and we gobble him up at 3. Stranger things have happened.

40 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

But Philc said we could have gotten him at 6?

Remember last year and people thought that Trubisky was going 6 or later.

Trubisky showed that he had the skills to play NFL football.  He was going top 3.  

Mayfield is the same way.  They may not end up great, but both Mayfield and Trubisky appear to have NFL skills.  

This phenomena may change.  QBs did not always go top 5.  Over the last 10 years there has been a shortage of NFL QBs.  Right now there are 4 teams that literally have nobody credible, and we will watch at least 3 of those teams get new QBs for next year.  

At that point in time imperfect QBs may go lower again in the first round.  Look at where Roethlisberger, Flacco, Rodgers (or even Carr) were picked.  Where would Derek Car get picked this year?  Where would Watson and Mahomes get picked this year?  

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Uh oh Jared Goff- 9" :(

HE makes up for it in other ways but I'd bet he pay a lot of money for an extra 1/4".

You can grip a football at around 8 1/2" but you need to squeeze it tighter and it will slip sometimes.

I know because my hands are 8 3/4" and I can't just pick up the ball and throw it all the time. I like to wedge it in with my other hand.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

wow.  mel's mock has mayfield/barkley/darnold as the top 3 picks.  this really could happen.

Mel's hearing those rumors that Mayfield is going 1, so he wants to make sure his board looks good tonight. Would be funny if this was all a smokescreen and Mayfield plummeted. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mel's hearing those rumors that Mayfield is going 1, so he wants to make sure his board looks good tonight. Would be funny if this was all a smokescreen and Mayfield plummeted. 

it really would.  

Just now, MDL_JET said:

People are pretty damn confident. 

wouldn't it be something if it went mayfield/allen, then the jets took rosen.  

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

People are pretty damn confident. 

I stop listening to anyone that mentions the Bills to 2.

They can't afford to move up that high which leads me to believe that they are stupid or ignorant.

I know nothing about Lance Zierlein except that he's stupid or ignorant...or both.

39 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

at that point indy could get a ton for their pick and the jets would be parting with next year's #1 in any deal.

I agree.  I wonder if Indy will regret making the trade too early.  I wonder if Macc pulled some serious negotiating moves and convinced Indy that if they didn't take his offer then and there he was going to trade with the Giants or Browns?

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If this is getting out then I am convinced the Browns wanted to go Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4, But the Jets trading to 3 forced their hand

i agree.  because the browns fear would be that they take barkley, then darnold/mayfield go next and they're looking at rosen who they know doesn't want to be in cleveland and allen who was probably a smokescreen all along.

Archived