Cleveland Reporter now saying Dorsey finally showed his board to his staff and it's going to be Mayfield at 1

Bruce Harper

Just now, sourceworx said:

Bradshaw played on a powerhouse football team. We're the Jets.

This will be Mark Sanchez, part II.

Damn, I was curious so I peeked.  Bradshaw had a 51.9% career completion %.  And his TD:INT ration was 212:210.  Standards for the HoF have sure changed.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, varjet said:

Mac did this deal because he decided that any of three QBs worked.  Hopefully one of those 3 was not Allen. 

Hopefully Mac did not think he was tricking or outsmarting any other team.  He needs to be prepared and have a plan if that QB ends up being his third choice.  I highly doubt that if he ends up with his third choice he ever admits that, although I think if anyone else other than the Johnsons know his order, it will eventually get leaked.  

Its out of his hands.  It needs to be out of his hands.  He should not trade anymore picks here.  

I thought they had 6 or 7 players that they liked and were hoping that one of them would still be available at 3.

Cleveland should take Barkley 1st and then chose a QB ant #4.   There is a strong possibility that they can still get Darnold or Mayfield at 4 if the Giants take Chubb.  If they really wanted Allen at 1 he would be there too.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I also remember watching tape of a Wyoming game and the announcer said that Mac was at the game.  Boy, that would be bad news. 

He should have been there.  They needed to see all 4 of them up close and in live action.

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Hahaha. Browns gonna Brown. A tiny, project QB with tiny hands, and an attitude issue at #1 overall. Classic Cleveland here. 

with that bad weather too.  this after the gm saying that hand size matters. 

i still think it's a smoke screen.

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

They have the first pick, there's no reason for smoke. Sounds like Mayfield's the pick 

Normally, that would be true but because they have the #4 pick as well, your comment is not true.  Who they pick at #1 has an impact on who is available and how much other teams might want to move to #4.  This is ALL posturing by the Browns.  It's complete B.S.

Speaking of smoke, or fog, or miasma, how is it that Darnold was atop almost everybody's board as the best QB in the draft and now he is suddenly underwhelming? And now that we may have a perfect chance to get Darnold, we've got posters crying that he's got flaws. Geezus. If somebody had told me a couple months ago that we potentially have our pick of Darnold or Rosen, I would have been giddy. WTF is the matter with people here? 

1 minute ago, JAFJET said:

Why would he show his draft board to a reporter at this point? This if true is probably a pathetic attempt to see if he can bait us into a trade.

She didn't say she saw the board.  She suggested that someone who finally saw it leaked it.

36 minutes ago, slats said:

No reason for smoke at #1 overall. They could've had their choice under contract right now if they wanted. 

If this is true, I hope the Giants take Darnold. 

when you have the #4 pick as well, there is certainly reason to blow smoke about pick #1.  It could and should have an impact on whether teams want to mocve up to 4 or not.  Just saying, that this is not your typical overall #1 pick situation.  I say it's bullcrap.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Normally, that would be true but because they have the #4 pick as well, your comment is not true.  Who they pick at #1 has an impact on who is available and how much other teams might want to move to #4.  This is ALL posturing by the Browns.  It's complete B.S.

It's all posturing to do what 9 hours before the draft?

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Cleveland should take Barkley 1st and then chose a QB ant #4.   There is a strong possibility that they can still get Darnold or Mayfield at 4 if the Giants take Chubb.  If they really wanted Allen at 1 he would be there too.

I can't imagine an organization, desperate for a QB, settling for leftovers. These teams spend hundreds or thousands of hours trying to determine which one has the greatest chance of being great  and which one is best suited for the team and what they are trying to do and now they will just say "meh, we will just take whatever is left after the Giants/Jets take the ones they love."

Not happening for a RB. If there was some generational LT or edge rusher, then MAYBE, but even then it would look foolish. 

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Speaking of smoke, or fog, or miasma, how is it that Darnold was atop almost everybody's board as the best QB in the draft and now he is suddenly underwhelming? And now that we may have a perfect chance to get Darnold, we've got posters crying that he's got flaws. Geezus. If somebody had told me a couple months ago that we potentially have our pick of Darnold or Rosen, I would have been giddy. WTF is the matter with people here? 

Yea last year it was suck for sam. This year hes like 3rd or 4th rated.

Honestly from what I read, sam darnold is NOT the best qb now. He is 3rd at best

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Damn, I was curious so I peeked.  Bradshaw had a 51.9% career completion %.  And his TD:INT ration was 212:210.  Standards for the HoF have sure changed.

Remember the Steelers teams he was on had arguably the greatest defense of all time, and an offense that was littered with Hall of Famers. They were stacked. 

15 minutes ago, prime21 said:

So Dorsey has been tight lipped this whole time, shows his inner circle who they will select and then someone leaks that out right away?   Not buying it.

Could be looking to punk somebody in the media,  could be looking for a leak, could be trying to see what other teams think - it may change trade offers @4.  Could just be typical pre-draft BS

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Yea last year it was suck for sam. This year hes like 3rd or 4th rated.

Honestly from what I read, sam darnold is NOT the best qb now. He is 3rd at best

C'mon, where did you read that? There was a report just a couple of weeks ago that polled all the team GM's and Darnold was ranked #1 by a large margin.

43 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Mary Kay Cabot on Sirius saying that Dorsey finally revealed to his Brown underlings that it will be Mayfield at 1.  Smoke?

With the #1 pick you'd think he wouldn't have to blow smoke. I liked it a few years back when they could have already announced their pick and have him signed and the Giants would be on the clock.

Archived