Welcome Nathan Shepherd

LAD_Brooklyn

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Can we wait until he plays first?

I heard that about hack d smith I could go on and on if you want-it was a bad pick-I dont need to wait years like hackenberg to know it-many times sadly the fans are right-see marino see sapp as two historical gm blunders where fans were right-see hackenberg as well

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jetsfan_toronto_canada said:

He went to college in the US.  “Since high school” would imply he added 100 pounds while he was in college in the US no? In Canada the word “since” means after... Draw your own conclusions.

Again, I happen to watch a lot of D2 for family reasons, but I never saw this kid, not live nor in the D2 tournament. There are players there that get overlooked who go to D2 so it's in the realm of possibility we got a player here. I hope so .Anyone here spare a few guys who are in it  that says they really know much or more than an NFL GM with his battalion of scouts and services is not being honest  after the first round or so. My only concern is I would like to see a young QB behind a dominant or really good OL. Because I've seen QBs ruined mentally and physically here because coaches and front office people thought they could do it on the cheap and half ass that. Any time the Jets have been any good they had a solid OL.

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I heard that about hack d smith I could go on and on if you want-it was a bad pick-I dont need to wait years like hackenberg to know it-many times sadly the fans are right-see marino see sapp as two historical gm blunders where fans were right-see hackenberg as well

I’ve wasted enough energy in this particular thread. I’m just going to drop it right here. Either he’ll prove you wrong or he’ll prove you right. 

I could continue to go on and on but I’m not going to..

29 minutes ago, kmnj said:

lol dude could not get mo or richardson to perform together and he is going to get some "raw" scrub to perform-sure I will buy that one

Mo was lazy. It was known when he was drafted and the only time he put out any effort was when he was up for a new contract.

Shel is an idiot of a human being, but he never underperformed for Bowles on the field.

I am not, repeat I am not saying this kid will be nearly as good as a certain past jet, but his strengths and back story are reminiscent of Joe Klecko. Repeat, I am not saying he is as good as Klecko. He just has a similar story and is the same "type" of player.

NATHAN SHEPHERD, Fort Hays State (6-3 ½, 314, 5.11, 3-4): A 205-pound LB in Ajax, Ontario who spent two years at Simon Fraser in British Columbia before departing. Worked for two years before walking on at Division II Fort Hays (Kan.) State. “Canadian kid that has bounced around for six years (will be 25 in October),” said one scout. “He’s still very, very raw. He was a big fish in a small pond. He had real good production the three years he played but that’s a level you should have if you’re a big, strong guy. He’s played every position but he’s basically a 3-technique.” Finished with 168 tackles (27 for loss) and 10 sacks. “He walks into the room and he looks like an NFL DT, maybe even a 3-4 DE,” said a second scout. “He did really impressive position work at the combine. He’s just so raw and is going to advance so quickly. He’s going to be a player.” Wore a sweater and tie each night for interviews at the Senior Bowl. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

NATHAN SHEPHERD, Fort Hays State (6-3 ½, 314, 5.11, 3-4): A 205-pound LB in Ajax, Ontario who spent two years at Simon Fraser in British Columbia before departing. Worked for two years before walking on at Division II Fort Hays (Kan.) State. “Canadian kid that has bounced around for six years (will be 25 in October),” said one scout. “He’s still very, very raw. He was a big fish in a small pond. He had real good production the three years he played but that’s a level you should have if you’re a big, strong guy. He’s played every position but he’s basically a 3-technique.” Finished with 168 tackles (27 for loss) and 10 sacks. “He walks into the room and he looks like an NFL DT, maybe even a 3-4 DE,” said a second scout. “He did really impressive position work at the combine. He’s just so raw and is going to advance so quickly. He’s going to be a player.” Wore a sweater and tie each night for interviews at the Senior Bowl. 

He isn’t going to be a guy who takes plays off or wastes his opportunity. The fact he took initiative and made sure he looked professional every single interview...he cherishes this shot.

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He was at the senior bowl and combine. Everyone scouted him.

Lol that you criticize the pick and are clueless as to this and the fact that he was considered second round talent by many evaluators.

Ok cool lets hope for the best. We drafted a 25 yr old DL from a school that nobody ever heard of. Maybe Macc got lucky on this one 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve wasted enough energy in this particular thread. I’m just going to drop it right here. Either he’ll prove you wrong or he’ll prove you right. 

I could continue to go on and on but I’m not going to..

tell me one guy mac picked second that turned out to be special-tell me one guy round 2-6 that turned out to be very good ... his only decent picks have been round one players where a five year old would not have missed-to his credit he made a trade that put us in the spot to grab Sam-thanks to the browns saving ourselves from picking Baker-

If Sam turns out to be the QB I have been waiting for over decades for I will give Mac all of the credit in the world but his drafts 2-6 have been beyond terrible. I dont need to wait for this kid to play just like I did not wait for Hackenberg or D Smith to play-they were terrible picks just like this is

As a 3-4 DE 4-3 DT dude looks like he can hold up and potentially disrupt things. He's a thick athletic 315. We used to draft them high in the first. Didn't think about d-line much as a need because forever we've had them, but when they drop like flies a 3rd rounder isn't a bad investment. Hopefully they just didn't like the o-line available and like guys they think will be there in the fourth round and 5th rounds.

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok cool lets hope for the best. We drafted a 25 yr old DL from a school that nobody ever heard of. Maybe Macc got lucky on this one 

And the NFL - which invited him to the combine - and the Senior Bowl scouts - who invited him to the game - and the myriad of evaluators - that ranked him as a second round pick - finally get one right.

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

And the NFL - which invited him to the combine - and the Senior Bowl scouts - who invited him to the game - and the myriad of evaluators - that ranked him as a second round pick - finally get one right.

Ok agree hope for the best with Nathan Sheperd. 

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

Take Sapp up w/Hess. Good luck

6 hours ago, aagarcia said:

LOSER f*cking fans you are.  Always bitching and complaining even over Darnold.  Bunch of losers you all are. Go become Pats fans 

The Mayfield fans are still bitter about John Dorsey hopping on that grenade for us

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

We’ve had a way better track record with D-line players.  I’m sure these are some of the same scouting dept that drafted Mo, Sheldon and signed Snacks off the street

Mo and Snacks came from nothing programs so I’m optimistic about this guy coming from Nothing U in Kansas

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I’ll admit I’m still giddy over getting Darnold so I’m feeling more positive about everything including this pick.  I would have taken Orlando Brown but I think this Shepherd guy can be good

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He isn’t going to be a guy who takes plays off or wastes his opportunity. The fact he took initiative and made sure he looked professional every single interview...he cherishes this shot.

I've no doubt he will give all he's got to our beloved Jets.  My issue it that he has a couple a few years on all of his college opponents so he was a man among boys and excelled.  He'll be facing all men in the NFL.  

I'm very def rooting for him backing him 100% but there are real issues here. Let's hope he's got the sand for the next level.  

People keep saying drafting O-Line in the 3rd would have been a huge reach.  How the f*** do any of you know that?  How do any of the scouts and analysts know it either?  With all the spread offenses, no one has a clue how these linemen will do.  But we need them.  Like 6 of them. 

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

So why when even follow the draft if you already know that no matter who Macc picks you will find a reason to whine?

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I woke up and we really did draft a guy who's 25 and worked nights in a Canadian box factory while playing 8-man football against middle school kids.

Come on Macc scouted those games and never realized it was 8 on 8. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

List the offensive players the cheaters lost this off seasons for me please 

I'm aware of the need for a DT.  I just wish Mac would take OL more seriously and I personally like surrounding a new quarterback with young skill players drafted to grow with him 

12 minutes ago, TJ said:

I'm aware of the need for a DT.  I just wish Mac would take OL more seriously and I personally like surrounding a new quarterback with young skill players drafted to grow with him 

List 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I woke up and we really did draft a guy who's 25 and worked nights in a Canadian box factory while playing 8-man football against middle school kids.

Wilkerson and Snacks came from those heralded D1 powerhouses Temple and William Penn

17 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wonder how many people who complain about him being raw would sh*t their pants in glee if he was an athletic freak WR who was from some random D3 School?  Would any one complain about his lack of polish or this or that?  Or is it just because he plays defense

Devin Smith and Steven Hill say hi.

Archived