Welcome Nathan Shepherd

LAD_Brooklyn

5 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

A 25 year old Canadian DT from a small D2 school that scouts consider "raw".  Mac is a combine geek.  Draft football players from now on, please.

Good lawd..so you’ve seen him play enough to know he’s not a football player?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kthisguy said:

In the third round the turn over and success rate is not great. I liked Brown, in the third round. He had a terrible combine but played well on the field. I would have taken a shot on him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Brown was the pick there.  He's a good football player.  Check the combine numbers of every OL with three years in the league and they'd be laughable.  Because they aren't training for the combine.  they're playing football.

8 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Brown was the pick there.  He's a good football player.  Check the combine numbers of every OL with three years in the league and they'd be laughable.  Because they aren't training for the combine.  they're playing football.

Yeah and then compare those numbers to Orlando who has scored the worst out of even those other OL prospects with laughable numbers.

So what you are really saying is the last bunch of OL’s numbers are laughable then Orlando comes along and his are just absolutely hilarious... but it’s all the same so f*ck it, right? Pick em’! He’s offense!

I wonder how many people who complain about him being raw would sh*t their pants in glee if he was an athletic freak WR who was from some random D3 School?  Would any one complain about his lack of polish or this or that?  Or is it just because he plays defense

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah and then compare those numbers to Orlando who has scored the worst out of even those other OL prospects with laughable numbers.

So what you are really saying is the last bunch of OL’s numbers are laughable then Orlando comes along and his are just absolutely hilarious... but it’s all the same so f*ck it, right? Pick em’! He’s offense!

Orlando was a 1st round pick until that combine, idc what a lineman does at the combine. Mayfield was rarely touched at OU in large part because of Brown. Ravens took the football player we took the 25 year old workout warrior.  

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wonder how many people who complain about him being raw would sh*t their pants in glee if he was an athletic freak WR who was from some random D3 School?  Would any one complain about his lack of polish or this or that?  Or is it just because he plays defense

Probably mostly because he plays defense. 

Know nothing about him but I dig his story and work ethic! And he’s one big dude. Hope he kicks some ass and keeps our LBs clean. 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm sick of the raw athletic freaks at any position, they rarely pan out. If you're asking me which I would've preferred? probably the one that played offense

4 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Orlando was a 1st round pick until that combine, idc what a lineman does at the combine. Mayfield was rarely touched at OU in large part because of Brown. Ravens took the football player we took the 25 year old workout warrior.  

Work out warrior? That man is a football player! And is a grinder! He has lived one hell of a life and done nearly impossible things to get where he is at. Funny you want to bring up how many times Baker was touched when not only did the ball come out of his hands ultra quick due to his decision making and spread system but he also evaded the rush well. Orlando Brown was NOT that damn good. 

You guys are welcome to cry some more tho.

We got a damn good person, a good worker, and a football player.

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

Pass rush up the gut is the most effective 

Hope this guy pans out 

If you're looking for a guy to be a force on defense in the 3rd round you're more likely to do so from a DT than an edge rusher only because any edge rusher with a hint of talent has already been scooped up by now. 

Personally, I was hoping for some o line help but I'm ok with this pick.. I'll reserve my Jace amaro level of hate for when a player proves he's a wasted pick..

Give the kid a chance , same with everyone we take tomorrow, the vast vast majority of us know nothing about anyone from round 3 on...I know I don't , I'll reserve any judgment until I at least see these guys in camp . 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you're looking for a guy to be a force on defense in the 3rd round you're more likely to do so from a DT than an edge rusher only because any edge rusher with a hint of talent has already been scooped up by now. 

Personally, I was hoping for some o line help but I'm ok with this pick.. I'll reserve my Jace amaro level of hate for when a player proves he's a wasted pick..

And this is really how it’s suppose to go. You don’t just rip a pick off the bat. Lol people here don’t even need a reason to go absolutely ape sh*t on a guy they have doubts about but haven’t seen play.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Some of you are ridiculous when you don’t get your way. You don’t know more than a scout/GM who has been on the job for 25+ years.

give it a mother*cking rest.

The only thing I don’t love is the fact he’s 24. But he’s BPA and a solid need in the 3rd though.

I actually find the incessant whining to be entertaining.

41 minutes ago, HessStation said:

So we know now that Maccagnan likes swinging his big, I was a scout, dick around after the first round.

Mac just proved again he is a bad drafter. It was a no brainer picking darnold.  I’m not knocking this kid, but where he was picked. I’d be shocked if he wouldn’t have been available tomorrow for jets. Just like when Mac picked hackenberg in the 2nd round, teams were like “ really ?” Ha

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Holy crap that is a super huge dude 

He ain't no fatty 

Helll no he ain’t fat. 300 pounds with a ton of muscle. Worked construction, was a bouncer for events, worked out every day no matter if he was on the Night Shift or day shift.

This man is a grinder. Not many other people in this world would of done what he did and winded up still keeping his dream alive. I know I wouldnt of. I’ll be super honest..I’m a slacker. I would of been like well..”it is what it is..I’ll just have to work out some other time” and i’d wind up never doing it.

this man has to adore football. He got this vision and dream out of the damn MUD. He’s got my best wishes and I’m proud to have Nathan Shepherd on my team. He’s a well spoken guy from humble beginnings and it looks like he can damn PLAY.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

So who’s the guy everyone wanted that we passed on for this guy?? What’s the consensus here 

There literally is none..it was the third round..this draft lacked depth in the middle of the rounds..Orlando Brown is the best thing people can come up with.

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mac just proved again he is a bad drafter. It was a no brainer picking darnold.  I’m not knocking this kid, but where he was picked. I’d be shocked if he wouldn’t have been available tomorrow for jets. Just like when Mac picked hackenberg in the 2nd round, teams were like “ really ?” Ha

If you knew who he was you would know he was picked to go in the 2nd and we took him in the 3rd.

So he will play 34 DE right? It’s fair to say that was a needish position following Wilkerson departure. He is impressive to watch and looks like he can move people aside or get pas them rather than just keeping blockers in place. I hope it translates. Rooting for him.

18 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I would have doubled dipped ala redskins. mason Rudolph would have been my pick. kid is talented

We can still take Falk in 4th round which I would be OK with. "Shep" was a solid pick, but man we just seem to be allergic to drafting for the OL.

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Work out warrior? That man is a football player! And is a grinder! He has lived one hell of a life and done nearly impossible things to get where he is at. Funny you want to bring up how many times Baker was touched when not only did the ball come out of his hands ultra quick due to his decision making and spread system but he also evaded the rush well. Orlando Brown was NOT that damn good. 

You guys are welcome to cry some more tho.

We got a damn good person, a good worker, and a football player.

I watched OU a lot, I went to WVU, Brown was that good. You know who was a football player and a grinder with a nice story? Lorenzo Mauldin. You've probably never heard of this kid just like I haven't, from what I've read: very raw, tons of upside, 25 years old, didn't dominate like you'd expect at a small school and rarely got the chance to play against top end competition. I'll take the OT from the Big 12 that protected Mayfield's blindspot. 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you knew who he was you would know he was picked to go in the 2nd and we took him in the 3rd.

How many mocks was he picked to go in the 2nd ? The problem is there are so many different Mocks that somebody has somebody different to go in the 2nd. Some guys said Bryce Petty would go in late first round lol 

Archived