Welcome Nathan Shepherd

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Most Jets fans dont seem to realize that DL is actually a need for us now. Experts seem high on him so Okay

I know it is... But man the OL is so shaky to me.. I just want more protection up front. They need to address it early tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

"I definitely believe Nathan is a lot more pro-ready than a lot of people think," head coach Todd Bowles said. "He has heavy hands, he plays low, he's got great drive. He'll be ready once he goes through training camp."

Day one starter in the 3rd? Allllllll good with me.

The weight gain seems kinda odd. Know a bit about D2, and older guys playing in D2 is unusual.At least in the northeast, it's high school stars who are just a bit smaller or slower or not quite as good as D1. But there are guys who get overlooked by D1; it's possible we got a player.   But cannot pretend I have any better idea that Maccagnan. Would only like to see the OL get bolstered . 

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

"I definitely believe Nathan is a lot more pro-ready than a lot of people think," head coach Todd Bowles said. "He has heavy hands, he plays low, he's got great drive. He'll be ready once he goes through training camp."

Oh really? All right, I'm holding you to that TB. I'll pencil him in for a large number of reps on the d-line this year (not all the reps, I don't even thing regular starters get those there's a lot of subbing in and out)

Just now, DMan77 said:

I feel like at the end of the day the overall review of this guys is: "Uhh.. I mean... Maybe? Ya? Could be? I like it.. Sort of..? Good-ish?"

Yeah...kinda...sorta...I guess?...

Remember the blank look on the Pats' fans faces last night. 

I really don’t have an issue going for a DL. Shepard sounds like a great story (but is is this opposite of the Hack effect?). We had luck with Snacks and Shepard is the next Snacks?

I am not sure how long we can avoid the OLine. The last few drafts the OL pretty much been an after thought. When you get middle late in the draft it becomes much more of a crap shoot. Take a shot on the Oline.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, kthisguy said:

I really don’t have an issue going for a DL. Shepard sounds like a great story (but is is this opposite of the Hack effect?). We had luck with Snacks and Shepard is the next Snacks?

I am not sure how long we can avoid the OLine. The last few drafts the OL pretty much been an after thought. When you get middle late in the draft it becomes much more of a crap shoot. Take a shot on the Oline.

There really wasn’t a O-lineman worth reaching on unless you just love Orlando Brown..I don’t so I can agree with this pick to an even higher extent.

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

sh*tty pick. Mac is too rigid as far as following his draft board. That pick had to be offense. 

No it really didn't. The defense has needs too, wouldn't have minded an O-lineman but that's not the way things shook out. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Some of you are ridiculous when you don’t get your way. You don’t know more than a scout/GM who has been on the job for 25+ years.

give it a mother*cking rest.

The only thing I don’t love is the fact he’s 24. But he’s BPA and a solid need in the 3rd though.

A 25 year old Canadian DT from a small D2 school that scouts consider "raw".  Mac is a combine geek.  Draft football players from now on, please.

1 minute ago, Tony MaC said:

No it really didn't. The defense has needs too, wouldn't have minded an O-lineman but that's not the way things shook out. 

Must disagree. We have a defensive minded coach. That side of the ball should have much less resources dedicated to it. Our 100% focus should be supporting Darnold. 

53 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Everything Macc does is usually bad? Man you need to put some glasses on. We have Sam Darnold because of Macc’s trade. If he wanted to go Shepherd then I’m going to assume that’s the best pick on the board for him. 

Its whatever, ride with the pick, don’t cry about it.

I want one of you to play GM for a few months and let’s see how you do.

We have Sam Darnold because the Browns sh*t the bed, and we piled three second round picks onto the pile for a roll of the dice.  

There really wasn’t a O-lineman worth reaching on unless you just love Orlando Brown..I don’t so I can agree with this pick to an even higher extent.

In the third round the turn over and success rate is not great. I liked Brown, in the third round. He had a terrible combine but played well on the field. I would have taken a shot on him.

2 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

A 25 year old Canadian DT from a small D2 school that scouts consider "raw".  Mac is a combine geek.  Draft football players from now on, please.

I’m not even going to dignify this with a real response....yawn

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

We have Sam Darnold because the Browns sh*t the bed, and we piled three second round picks onto the pile for a roll of the dice.  

We have Darnold because macc put us in position to take Darnold. Macc could of easily took Allen if he was as bad as you people say.

Archived