Jets OTA’s - 5/29

Patriot Killa

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Wideout Robby Anderson came back to One Jets Drive with an awful lot of confidence. He’s talking a bit more than I ever remember him, and justifiably so. His sideline grab from Darnold was a thing of beauty, and he’s starting to beat corners on more than just go-routes. He’s not a No. 1 receiver yet, but he’s working there. He needs time to round out his game a bit more.

A kid like Anderson with a growing ego is dangerous. But man what a weapon he is. 

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Actually it is one of the reasons I think Darnold is going to be elite. Buried in all the turnover talk from college is that Darnold not only did not really fall for the same interception trap twice, he actually learned in the same game to avoid the trap and turn it into a big gain. Barring injury he is going to be ELITE.

Let’s not understate the fact he went 14 TD’s to 1 INT in the red zone all year.

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

I remember in training camp last year, Hack was looking awesome. We were getting reports on each throw, and I felt like it was a real game, and Hack was moving the team down the field, throw after throw, a completion, "another good throw by Hack".  And then reality struck, so I'm not getting psyched for these OTA's anymore.

I remember it a little differently, like they were tweeting:  "Omigod, he completed a pass!"

6 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Telling you..heard it here first in the surprises thread. Hansen is gonna pop on to the scene like Anderson did last year. It's happening. 

lol Great prediction... the same that everyone has had. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

TMI has been around for awhile even before the internet. 

Its all good, be careful where you nut. 

I'm allergic to nuts, so you guyz please steer clear and watch where you aim.

A couple of things I like after viewing the thread:

- Darnold's improvement from week 1 to week 2 was so drastic that
the media actually noticed it

- Darnold already getting reps with the #1's

- The fact that the team is limiting Darnold's availablity to the media.
He needs to be with Bates and his receivers more than filling up someone's
column

13 minutes ago, KRL said:

A couple of things I like after viewing the thread:

- Darnold's improvement from week 1 to week 2 was so drastic that
the media actually noticed it

- Darnold already getting reps with the #1's

- The fact that the team is limiting Darnold's availablity to the media.
column

Do we really trust what the media says. They've had an agenda against our past Qb's and it made for easy stories. They have no choice but to join in the adulation of Darnold. If they start bashing him , they'll lose the few folks who actually still click on their stories. The media are like a bunch of lemmings they'll follow whatever group or narrative that gets them the most hits. And right now nothing generates more clicks than encouraging words on Darnold. 

And no way is this a knock on the kid , I'll just wait to judge with my own eyes. 

27 minutes ago, KRL said:

The fact that the team is limiting Darnold's availablity to the media.
column

I really really like this.  It shows that they're thinking of his development, not publicity / marketing.

(Could this possibly be a Chris vs Woody thing??)

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do we really trust what the media says. They've had an agenda against our past Qb's and it made for easy stories. They have no choice but to join in the adulation of Darnold. If they start bashing him , they'll lose the few folks who actually still click on their stories. The media are like a bunch of lemmings they'll follow whatever group or narrative that gets them the most hits. And right now nothing generates more clicks than encouraging words on Darnold. 

And no way is this a knock on the kid , I'll just wait to judge with my own eyes. 

Your right

They were getting ready last week after Darnold's shakey first practice, but he seems to have had a very good day, and as you said, giving hope to the fans that he is a franchise QB gets them tons of hits.

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Kearse is a placeholder and if the Anderson/enunwa/Pryor/Hanson group emerge then he's a candidate for trade/release. Very solid player but I doubt he's in their long term plans.

It's nice to finally have too much talent...

Jermaine Kearse might be my favorite player on this team (new Green Lantern?), he was a UDFA who worked hard and earned his place, defines a culture that this team is trying to build, assume I am not alone and the fan backlash would be too strong to consider moving him for any drama queen WR, I would bet money Russell Wilson misses him

Also love that we have real NFL QB's, McCown steady, Bridgewater challenging and Darnold improving - could be some magic is that room  

32 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Jermaine Kearse might be my favorite player on this team (new Green Lantern?), he was a UDFA who worked hard and earned his place, defines a culture that this team is trying to build, assume I am not alone and the fan backlash would be too strong to consider moving him for any drama queen WR, I would bet money Russell Wilson misses him

Also love that we have real NFL QB's, McCown steady, Bridgewater challenging and Darnold improving - could be some magic is that room  

Kearse is solid! He brought me joy many-a time last season and I hope it's twice as many this season. 

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Kind of weird to read all the positive write ups. It almost feels like they are trying to set us up. I don’t trust anyone in the ny media. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, can’t get fooled again. 

I know it's only OTAs where everyone is wearing shorts and most of the throws are against air, but damn this kid looks smooth. Accuracy, touch, and footwork are on point consistently. Very impressive especially for a rookie.

5 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

in the same sentence no less.....lol

Archived