Training Camp Day One 7/27 Updates #JetsCamp

Maxman

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d rather them cover the Darnold contract story, he is the only guy I’m interested in hearing about, the rest are all known guys, this season, and hopefully the next 15 are all about Darnold, and I’m not interested until he is suited up practicing.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I’d rather them cover the Darnold contract story, he is the only guy I’m interested in hearing about, the rest are all known guys, this season, and hopefully the next 15 are all about Darnold, and I’m not interested until he is suited up practicing.

No Darnold, no care. 

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You want KRL to cover Darnold and his contract? I'm sure Max can get him in Mac's office no problem. 

I was going to wait until a closer time to the start of camp to make this thread, but as this Sexton vs NYJ crap has everyone stressing, I figured now would be an appropriate time to make the thread and try to take our minds so off the obvious issue in the room...so I’d like to start off by saying...

WE ARE HERE.‼️ 

It is finally football time..like real football time not sorta football time or half ass shells/shorts football time. The bullets are about to start flying and we are going to find out more and more about young players who may or may not be ready to step up and be a foundational piece. Our roster is still so young and we are building with young blocks and closely watching which ones stick for the long haul. Chad Hansen returns after a spectacular minicamp and overall a very impressive offseason as a whole. Enunwa is returning and looking as if he has come along from his neck injury rather well and i’m very excited to see him in live action for the first time since 2016. Robby Anderson looks to solidify himself as a #1 WR as he has been working on the mental part of playing wide out and also working on his route running. Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye look to  put another good year under their belts and have focused in on the mental aspect of their position along with using their eyes to dignaose plays at a quicker rate. Our young TE’s will also be an interesting battle to watch as both are young with a ton to prove and bring a good notch of potential to the table. Chris Herndon, albeit his legal issue, flashed during Minicamp in a surprising fashion despite recovering from an injury during his senior year at the U. He displayed good hands, solid speed and he can block at the point of attack rather well for a receiving tight end. Leggett, who is coming back from his own injury last offseason, looks to make up for lost time and impress the team with his own skill set.he also had a nice minicamp this offseason and teamed up with Darnold and Teddy on several nice crossing patterns over the middle. Our cornerbacks are set but the interesting guys will be guys that are more low profile and sometimes even afterthoughts when speaking on our CB situation. Jeremy Clark is a big bodied corner who played well at the University of Michigan but hasn’t seen much time but that may change this year if he can impress coaches and give himself some playing time. Perry Nickerson, one of this years 6th round draft picks looks like a ball hawk with a ton of speed to burn. He looks to man the slot on 2nd team defense and work his way up to a potential starting gig when the Jets move on from Skrine. Personally I love this kid. At 5’10 he has been consistently tested on the outside at Tulane against big body WR’s and has made them look silly.

AF541948-3786-4D5E-8FA9-7AF2EC4BC9CE.jpeg

EA4D1617-6347-465D-BA4D-285DFD656285.jpeg

Safe to say, i’m really looking forward to seeing Perry in action. He also flashed in minicamp as he picked off several passes. Our D-line is a lot more exciting now with young prospects such as fellow 6th round pick Folorunso Fatukasi, 3rd round pick Nathan Shepherd and draft day trade acquisition, Henry Anderson. Anderson flashed very solid penetration ability early but injuries hurt him in the worst way. The Colts switched to a 4-3, he lost weight to play the position the end result of it was a trade to the Jets where he has been quoted saying that he feels so much more comfortable in the 3-4 system and intends on putting his weight back on the correct way so he can continue to play fast! A very exciting unit to say the very least. Our LB corps features Darron Lee, who in his third year will take the step into the leader role and call out the plays. He has had an up and down career up until this point but will look to turn the corner this year. He does seem more focused, he does seem more mature and he does seem ready to embrace the role..let’s see how it works. Avery Williamson will play beside him and be the tackling machine he was for the Tennessee Titans. I am very excited about him as well. He is still very young and can and will be an essential piece to the defense this year. As he gets more comfortable in Bowles defense, he should look faster and faster off the snap of the ball. 

TC kicks off in just a few hours and i’m honestly PUMPED. 

GO JETS!!! 

No way in hell Sam thought this wouldn't be done. Opening day is exciting man, guys are pumped up, media is excited, Local news, ESPN, NFL network, fans, I mean I've seen interviews of this guy, and his father & mother, and there is no way in hell not running out on that field isn't killing him right now. 

The first time he sees in the press, fans think back to MEVIS, it's not going to go over well with him. This Sexton guy has his ear, this sh*t ain't rocket science with this slotting. 2nd holdout since this new first round slotting? 

Damn! Sam might have to end this draw to get on the field & personally, I don't want the Jets to cave, the Jets ALWAYS CAVE! 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No Darnold, no care. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

No Darnold would be one of the most Jetsy Same Ol' Jets things in quite some time.

the worst part about the whole thing is that if darnold misses even a few practices it gives bowles the perfect reason to bench him for an extended period of time during the regular season.  

I can't believe I'm sitting here and spending the afternoon refreshing Jets reporter Twitter feeds. After looking forward to the start of training camp, I should have known it would come to this. It's what being a Jets fan is all about -- misery. It never ends. ](*,)

Archived