Trouble in Jax (with a Jets point twist)

JustInFudge

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Why are you so quick to discard Teddy B? I think we need to keep him as the starter and make Josh a QB coach to mentor Sam, or hold on to him until someone blows the doors down with a trade offer, like a first and second or third next draft. I was really impressed with how Teddy commanded the offense Friday. Even though it was PS 1, he threw, ran,and looked great. Hold off and wait for someone to MAKES you trade him.

conceptually i agree, but in reality, any trade for him will likely be a conditional pick that will depend both on how far he gets a team in the playoffs and his ability to stay on the field.  while he looks healed there's no telling how his leg will hold up over the course of a season or even a game.  if the jets can turn him into a reliable pass rusher now, then do it.  if they can turn him into a productive OL, then do it.  the jets plan is to have him never play ever for this team.  they signed him a month before the draft, probably believing they were going to get baker mayfield and that he'd need to sit more before playing so bridgewater made more sense to sign then.  if the jets knew they were getting darnold i really doubt they would have signed teddy.

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wouldn’t go that high.. he’s an injury prone malcontent and he’s not going to be with the team much longer. 

Low ball the sh*t out of them and make sure you give the Jags these reasons why.

Throw in Ardarius Stewart. Allegedly, a lot of teams were high on him in the draft process. 

Fowler fills a need without crippling the franchise like a Mack trade would. (if we can sign Mack in free agency i'd be all over it) but trading a 1st and god knows what else and then paying Mack is gonna hurt, Fowlers 24 had a solid year last year and seems like he could be had cheap. Hopefully Mac picks up the phone and gets it done

2 minutes ago, kelly said:

a 6th   ?..

?

A 6th?  This is it Madden NFL.

I thought that the Jets were building a  new “culture” here. This would mean that no assholes are permitted on the team. Based on the reports, these guys are hard to deal with and I don’t see them adding value. 

Like it or not, the 2018 New York Jets are not a” win now “team so what’s the rush? We have the money to get ourselves the pick of the litter in next year’s free agency. plus,chances are we will have a high draft pick  as well.

Everyone pop a pill.

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

I thought that the Jets were building a  new “culture” here. This would mean that no assholes are permitted on the team. Based on the reports, these guys are hard to deal with and I don’t see them adding value. 

Like it or not, the 2018 New York Jets are not a” win now “team so what’s the rush? We have the money to get ourselves the pick of the litter in next year’s free agency. plus,chances are we will have a high draft pick  as well.

Everyone pop a pill.

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

All the buzz here in Jax, FL is the team suspensions of Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler. 

Jalen is taking his diva ways to the next degree.  Biggest Diva in the league.  Apparently, he's made an all out war on the media in Jax, had a private meeting with them to clear the air and it got nasty.  So then he had a private meeting with Coughlin and supposedly, that went even worse.  Lots of talk that he's not worth the headache and they're not going to give him a monster pay day.  Something to keep an eye on.  

And then on the more immediate tip and the Jets twist, Dante Fowler and Yannick Nagakoue fought at numerous different times on and off the practice field over the weekend.  The talks are, they cant even be in the same room anymore.  If I'm Big Mac, I'm calling Caldwell right now and floating a conditional pick for Fowler.  It would cost next to nothing right now.  Give him a trial run, see if he's a good boy and have first crack a contract extension if he plays his cards right.

I legit think a 5th maybe even a 6th rounder would get the job done and would do it in a heartbeat. 

So a player with media issues and can't seem to understand how not to be a diva would be a good addition to a team  (Jets) that cleaned house of all the loud mouthed troublemakers it had. Not to mention adding said player to the biggest media market in the country ? Yep just what the young jets need at this stage. Then go after Fowler a guy who is fighting with his teammates ?

Great players  no doubt but not the kind of guys we are trying to build this team with.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Throw in Ardarius Stewart. Allegedly, a lot of teams were high on him in the draft process. 

Hell, I would. Give someone who actually has done a little something a chance in the place of Stewart. Charles Johnson isn’t a world beater but has chemistry with Darnold and at least showed up last week.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

So a player with media issues and can't seem to understand how not to be a diva would be a good addition to a team  (Jets) that cleaned house of all the loud mouthed troublemakers it had. Not to mention adding said player to the biggest media market in the country ? Yep just what the young jets need at this stage. Then go after Fowler a guy who is fighting with his teammates ?

Great players  no doubt but not the kind of guys we are trying to build this team with.

Never said go after Jalen.  Just providing some info that he might hit the open market now instead of a big pay day from Jax.  Rare for the best defender in the league to hit the open market. 

And yes, go after Fowler.  It takes 2 to tango, he's not fighting on his own out there.  Some guys need a fresh start.  Fowler could be that guy.  His talent is worth it and this team is desperate for it.  The entire team just fought instead of practiced but we're worried about what exactly?  Fowler, might, start a fight? 

14 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Everyone pop a pill.

Culture is cute but it's the NFL dude.  Donahue is getting a 2nd chance.  Dude could have killed himself and numerous others.  Trumaine Johnson and Isaiah Crowell have both been arrested for numerous offenses both signed this offseason.  They made an offer to Suh.  Robby Anderson isnt exactly a boy scout. 

If a pass rusher with Fowler's talent comes available, you'd be foolish not to at least make a call.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

All the buzz here in Jax, FL is the team suspensions of Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler. 

Jalen is taking his diva ways to the next degree.  Biggest Diva in the league.  Apparently, he's made an all out war on the media in Jax, had a private meeting with them to clear the air and it got nasty.  So then he had a private meeting with Coughlin and supposedly, that went even worse.  Lots of talk that he's not worth the headache and they're not going to give him a monster pay day.  Something to keep an eye on.  

And then on the more immediate tip and the Jets twist, Dante Fowler and Yannick Nagakoue fought at numerous different times on and off the practice field over the weekend.  The talks are, they cant even be in the same room anymore.  If I'm Big Mac, I'm calling Caldwell right now and floating a conditional pick for Fowler.  It would cost next to nothing right now.  Give him a trial run, see if he's a good boy and have first crack a contract extension if he plays his cards right.

I legit think a 5th maybe even a 6th rounder would get the job done and would do it in a heartbeat. 

Nice info and insight...thanks for sharing

Would love Fowler, he only turned 24 about a week ago and his play has been ascending....certainly more realistic than Mack

We are not a win now team. So, I would be hesitant to make a trade for a guy that will effect the current energy of the young defense.

However a conditional pick (like 6th or 5th) given he is on the team for the first game and that bumps up to a (5th or 4th) if he is on the team next year would work.

It is possible that being sold on pennies for the dollar would wake Fowler up and get him to play nice for at least a year. If that doesn't work, you let him go (or trade him) and all is good. You don't want to mess with the defense's energy, but it isn't going to do them any favors to have them get beaten like a drum. Dominating has a way of fixing many issues, and if he can help the young team pull together and stay happy until he is either replaced or grows up (okay not too likely) that fine. I wouldn't spend more than a 5th as he is most likely a 1 year rental.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

He messed up his shoulder and had to start camp on the PUP list. Reporters said he "lost sizeable muscle mass in his upper body." He's also suspended the first game of the season for beating up a guy in a road-rage incident, and was once filmed facilitating a fight between his girlfriend and the mother of his child.

Anyway, we should trade whatever it takes to get him

Oh and like you never did any of that sh!t Mr Perfect.

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Bringing a locker room virus into this team after getting rid of Mo is a terrible idea.

Was a he a virus last year when the Jags should have gone to the Super Bowl and had the best Defense in the NFL last year? 

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Everyone pop a pill.

A lot of the same people who have a hard time with Adams mouth are ok bringing in this nonsense.  

37 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

We are not a win now team. So, I would be hesitant to make a trade for a guy that will effect the current energy of the young defense

This is important.  We are not a win now team, unless we get a pass rusher, and then maybe we sniff the playoffs.  Personally I think the OL holds the team back this year.

A pass rusher like Fowler for another 3 years could be worth it.  We do not need Teddy Bridgewater this year for $5mm of cap space.  He will be too expensive to franchise him next year.

Jax is a win now team.  Yes, they could use Fowler as a pass rusher, but considering what the Eagles did with Wentz and Foles, it would smart of them to avoid the problems, unite the team and get a good guy back up QB.

And Tampa Bay?  They could Bridgewater too, and maybe he keeps everyone there from getting fired.

The Dolphins can use him too, but they are hopeless this year.  Good local boy story though.  

Bridgewater for the 2018 Jets is a luxury.  He should be converted to a player that can help the team compete in 2019 and beyond.  

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Everyone pop a pill.

New culture?  I guess. I believe they are currently 2nd in off-season arrests.   Maybe they want to be #1

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Was a he a virus last year when the Jags should have gone to the Super Bowl and had the best Defense in the NFL last year? 

So then he's going to come to a significantly worse team with a much bigger market, pressure from the media, fans etc. And somehow completely turn a corner?

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Never said go after Jalen.  Just providing some info that he might hit the open market now instead of a big pay day from Jax.  Rare for the best defender in the league to hit the open market. 

And yes, go after Fowler.  It takes 2 to tango, he's not fighting on his own out there.  Some guys need a fresh start.  Fowler could be that guy.  His talent is worth it and this team is desperate for it.  The entire team just fought instead of practiced but we're worried about what exactly?  Fowler, might, start a fight? 

not worried he will start a fight but worried maybe he's not mature enough to know when to walk away from one/

So we have a player on a rookie contract who would rather sacrifice millions of dollars on contract 2 then walk away from a fight. Pretty smart guy there. Building a reputation does not get you far in the NFL just ask Terrell Owens and other players Like Dez Bryant who lost tons of money by being Idiots. Do we really want to add idiots to a team that can probably do just fine next year with 100 mil in cap space ? I think we can do better and would much rather have a guy like MAck than Fowler

Donte Fowler was rated only slightly higher than Darron Lee by PFF last year (58 v 44). I know one's inside, and the other's outside, and PFF isn't the bible when it comes to football stats. But I present that just as a reality check, because fans always get excited by guys on other teams that were high draft picks, yet who are actually just JAGs in disguise. I would rather try getting a second round pick for Bridgewater rather than Fowler. For a guy whose sole job on the Jacksonville defense seems to be to rush the QB, 8 sacks in 2017 is mighty mediocre production. Yeah, he's talented, but his NFL career so far has been one of underperformance. On top of that are the potential maturity issues. Do we really need another Sheldon Richardson?

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

So then he's going to come to a significantly worse team with a much bigger market, pressure from the media, fans etc. And somehow completely turn a corner?

I dont know what that has to do with calling him a cancer but sure, why not?  We've seen it happen before...players shaping up in a new environment.

All he would have to do is play Football, get double digit sacks like he did in Jax (as a rotational player) and he's a god. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know what that has to do with calling him a cancer but sure, why not?  We've seen it happen before...players shaping up in a new environment.

All he would have to do is play Football, get double digit sacks like he did in Jax (as a rotational player) and he's a god. 

I miss Shaun Ellis.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

not worried he will start a fight but worried maybe he's not mature enough to know when to walk away from one/

So we have a player on a rookie contract who would rather sacrifice millions of dollars on contract 2 then walk away from a fight. Pretty smart guy there. Building a reputation does not get you far in the NFL just ask Terrell Owens and other players Like Dez Bryant who lost tons of money by being Idiots. Do we really want to add idiots to a team that can probably do just fine next year with 100 mil in cap space ? I think we can do better and would much rather have a guy like MAck than Fowler

Apparently a lot of Jets players have the same problem: see Joint practices

Fowler isnt like TO and Dez.  He's not catching headlines for doing some me first diva sh*t on the sidelines.  He's catching headlines for being an idiot which I do think sometimes a change in scenery can help.  

I think 18 players in the league had double digit sacks and Fowler was one of them.  Jets fans are making it seem like you can just go buy one or draft one and it's the easy, which is bizarre if you follow this team.  

This team, is in fact, filled with idiots...so what's one more? 

Archived