Interesting stats from the Jets-Giants game

jetstream23

Some random stats I found interesting....  (Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401030974 )

Tackle Leaders:

Avery Williamson (9), Darron Lee (8 including 6 solo)

Receiving:

Ardarius Stewart and Trent Cannon led the team in Targets (both with 4) and both made 4 receptions

TEs Leggett and Herndon combined for 0 receptions

Sacks:

1 - Frankie Luvu

Returns:

Cannon returned 3 Kickoffs. Newly signed Charcandrick West returned 4 Kickoffs and 2 Punts.

I read on twitter Lee played some OLB tonight?  That's interesting to me.  I said it the night they drafted him, that's where he needs to play at least some of the time.  

I know he sucks and always will and is a bust etc, etc, but it is still interesting to me.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Don't screenshot me on this, but he didn't play today. It was Andre Roberts in on Punt Returns and a few kick off returns. 

Ah, maybe they changed some uniform numbers?  I'll trust you.  My bad.....but ESPN is worse by feeding us bad data.  Maybe the Russians hacked it.

32 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I read on twitter Lee played some OLB tonight?  That's interesting to me.  I said it the night they drafted him, that's where he needs to play at least some of the time.  

I know he sucks and always will and is a bust etc, etc, but it is still interesting to me.

Some.  He looked fine on the inside too.  Had a couple of good licks, too, including a double team KO blow on Evan Engram with Williamson.  Speaking of Williamson, he objectively looks like the best player on the defense.  Not sure what the Titans were smoking when they let him go.  

8 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Some.  He looked fine on the inside too.  Had a couple of good licks, too, including a double team KO blow on Evan Engram with Williamson.  Speaking of Williamson, he objectively looks like the best player on the defense.  Not sure what the Titans were smoking when they let him go.  

OMG.... Lee was late on so many plays last night!  He was good on some others but there were just way too many where he was a ghost and for the most part he drove me crazy with his sucktitude.  Williams looked like the most solid among our motley LB crew.  But Copeland has to be cut.  Man, almost every time the defense whiffed when #51 was out there, it seemed that he was late to the ball and just pushed around.  

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Some random stats I found interesting....  (Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401030974 )

Tackle Leaders:

Avery Williamson (9), Darron Lee (8 including 6 solo)

Receiving:

Ardarius Stewart and Trent Cannon led the team in Targets (both with 4) and both made 4 receptions

TEs Leggett and Herndon combined for 0 receptions

Sacks:

1 - Frankie Luvu

Returns:

Cannon returned 3 Kickoffs. Newly signed Charcandrick West returned 4 Kickoffs and 2 Punts.

I was at the game, by far Lee's best game of the preseason. Avery Williamson was a nice FA signing,

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

For all the fuss I've read today about the D not getting off the filed on 3rd down ... Gints were 2/12 (16%) on 3rd down.

I guess we need to get off the field better on 1st and 2nd downs??

FWIW, the defense hasn't given up a TD all preseason.

Lee had a good game for him but the fact that most acknowledge williamson has been really good (5th round pick) and Demario davis was the better ilb last year (3rdfr rounder i think?) shows our gms position value skewed view.  Lee is 21st overall and his value should be much higher.

Same with Adams, the league this year has been swimming in safeties that come free.  ILB and safeties are easy positions to fill with competent players thus if you are going to draft them high they better be more than just 'solid starters'

This is why people on here rail against the two players, some for theur level of play but moreso that the picks were flat out bad picks for value.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lee had a good game for him but the fact that most acknowledge williamson has been really good (5th round pick) and Demario davis was the better ilb last year (3rdfr rounder i think?) shows our gms position value skewed view.  Lee is 21st overall and his value should be much higher.

Same with Adams, the league this year has been swimming in safeties that come free.  ILB and safeties are easy positions to fill with competent players thus if you are going to draft them high they better be more than just 'solid starters'

This is why people on here rail against the two players, some for theur level of play but moreso that the picks were flat out bad picks for value.

I hate the value per pick position argument. People make it seem like it was easy to peg Brady in 6th round.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Adams pick was absurd. The Maye pick was equally absurd. 

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I hate the value per pick position argument. People make it seem like it was easy to peg Brady in 6th round.

Eh?  Not sure what Brady has to do with anything at all.  If anything it strengthens the value pick argument.  They took a flier on a QB rather than a ilb, safety

You did not address my point, ilbs and safeties are easy to pick up good to decent players, you do not get CBs, or QBs or oline like that as they do not become available and if they do they cost you huge contracts.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Eh?  Not sure what Brady has to do with anything at all.  If anything it strengthens the value pick argument.  They took a flier on a QB rather than a ilb, safety

You did not address my point, ilbs and safeties are easy to pick up good to decent players, you do not get CBs, or QBs or oline like that as they do not become available and if they do they cost you huge contracts.

My point was the Williams being a good late round pick does not make Lee a bad pick. That being said .. I completely agree with what you just stated. Although elite safeties are hard to come by .. and we might have two.

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How does projected top 5 pick going #6 considered absurd? The literally took the best player available in most people eyes .  Even tho hindsight people will say we passed on Watson and Mahomes.

we can argue Maye cause taking 2 safeties back to back is questionable . But hey the guy I wanted with that pick Dalvin Cook tore his ACL last year . And Even in hindsight Maye was a solid pick . Had solid rookie year .. 

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

How does projected top 5 pick going #6 considered absurd?

we can argue Maye cause taking 2 safeties back to back is questionable . But hey the guy I wanted with that pick Dalvin Cook tore his ACL last year . And Even in hindsight Maye was a solid pick . Had solid rookie year .. 

A strong safety at 6 should never be considered. Even forgetting the fact Watson was on the board, there were multiple pass rushers available. Adams runs around a lot, but doesnt do a terrible amount of anything(pass break ups/picks etc). Maye just looks pedestrian.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A strong safety at 6 should never be considered. Even forgetting the fact Watson was on the board, there were multiple pass rushers available. Adams runs around a lot, but doesnt do a terrible amount of anything(pass break ups/picks etc). Maye just looks pedestrian.

What pass rusher did we pass on at 6?  Honestly go look at that draft there is no one in that top 15 that we passed on that is gonna come back and hurt us . Lattimore would be the only guy . But that would be hindsight drafting to its finest . Since most here thought he was Dee Milliner 2.0 due to his injury history .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

What pass rusher did we pass on at 6?  Honestly go look at that draft there is no one in that top 15 that we passed on that is gonna come back and hurt us . Lattimore would be the only guy . But that would be hindsight drafting to its finest . Since most here thought he was Dee Milliner 2.0 due to his injury history .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft

Reddick, Barnett and Watt. My pick was Watt if they werent going QB. Led all rookies in sacks last year.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Reddick, Barnett and Watt. My pick was Watt if they werent going QB. Led all rookies in sacks last year.

Hassan riddick has been terrible to date , Barnett while he has shown potential still hasn’t earned the starting job in philly . And TJ Watt was a projected fringe 1st rd player ..

With Myles and Solamon off the board jets took the BAP . Who was projected top 5 pick Jamal Adams . I don’t find this absurd at all .. 

funny part is I wanted Mike Williams at 6. He has been Meh so far in his career too

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

OMG.... Lee was late on so many plays last night!  He was good on some others but there were just way too many where he was a ghost and for the most part he drove me crazy with his sucktitude.  Williams looked like the most solid among our motley LB crew.  But Copeland has to be cut.  Man, almost every time the defense whiffed when #51 was out there, it seemed that he was late to the ball and just pushed around.  

horrible angle on the punt retrun for TD as well.....    

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

elite safeties are hard to come by .. and we might have two.

on the long pass to the 6 in the 1q  Adams makes a pathetic blitz , gets swallowed by the guy blocking him, and maye dives down the shpoort receiver as the play goes for 54.  maye is sh*t.

Lee is a better player than the forum give him credit for. He will never be an all pro but he is At least serviceable which not every team can say about their first round picks. I think people also forget that he was a later first round pick and not a top 10 guy.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I don't have a problem with Lee because, while he may be up and down, he DOES have good games (yes, I know he has bad games as well) and does make plays behind the LoS.  He also hasn't been playing LB for very long.  Between that and his crazy speed, there's little doubt that he can get better.

Adam is a much bigger problem.  He was a high pick and a crazy high pick for a safety.  Yet, the only thing he does well is talk.  

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

maybe so from a draft position view point but at the same time those guys are head and shoulders above the guys they replaced.  probably the biggest positional upgrade not counting darnold in a long time.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Lee whiffed on some plays last night too. All this Lee percolation…cool, but let’s all calm down. A first round LB needs to be a lot better. 

Archived