Browns cut Mychal Kendricks

BCJet

After admitting they knew about the charges, but that Kendricks didnt give them "all the details" the Browns cut Kendricks due to the insider trading charges.

Kid is 27, and coming off a good year for the Eagles - can he play 3-4 ILB?  I personally dont care about insider trading, he has cooperated with authorities and already said he will pay back every cent. This is a FAR different scenario from domestic violence or anything even remotely close to that.  If he can play, and isnt going to jail (during the season) I have zero reservations bringing him in.

20 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

It will be hard to play football when you are in jail.

I doubt he doesn't see the inside of one for that.

Its very different if he had the information and gave it to others.   He used an illegal tip which is obviously very bad, but different.  I also dont know why he is admitting it in the press and saying that he knew it was wrong at the time, seems like an odd legal strategy.

Anyway, if he does 3 months in a white collar jail next offseason, that shouldnt affect his ability to play in the league.

26 minutes ago, BCJet said:

After admitting they knew about the charges, but that Kendricks didnt give them "all the details" the Browns cut Kendricks due to the insider trading charges.

Kid is 27, and coming off a good year for the Eagles - can he play 3-4 ILB?  I personally dont care about insider trading, he has cooperated with authorities and already said he will pay back every cent. This is a FAR different scenario from domestic violence or anything even remotely close to that.  If he can play, and isnt going to jail (during the season) I have zero reservations bringing him in.

Apparently the sh*t he pulled is straight gangster in the trading business, turning 80K into 1.2M in 5 months with only a 10K kickback, 15X profit!

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its very different if he had the information and gave it to others.   He used an illegal tip which is obviously very bad, but different.  I also dont know why he is admitting it in the press and saying that he knew it was wrong at the time, seems like an odd legal strategy.

Anyway, if he does 3 months in a white collar jail next offseason, that shouldnt affect his ability to play in the league.

He is BEGGING for a slap on the wrist plea deal, if this goes to trial with the seriousness of what he did he could get years in jail, but I think most importantly he wants to settle in a plea deal financially, losing in court would cost him 3x more money then he ever made in his life in fines, and pay back, and taxes ect.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Beat your wife, threaten cops, have drugs and weapons no problem insider trading OFF WITH HIS HEAD. 

What’s funny is the NFL doesn’t have an actual way to suspend him before being proven guilty, or guilty plea excepted as all weird lists you can put him on are for drugs, and violence related crimes/charges.

So makes sense why the Eagles released him it was that, or suit him up which the league obviously does not want, but had no rule to step in, and take action like they do if a video of a player get released of him hitting a woman, if the team does nothing the league can step in, or Commissioner in this case, and suspend you, and place you on the commissioners list, or something like that.  And these tips, and the way they did it right out in the open are very serious charges serious enough for the Eagles to release without a NFLPA issue.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

So commonly done yet very few get caught.

Its the true insiders (he isnt) who get away with it every day,

The SEC loves to make examples of those convicted.

If Martha Stewart had to do time so will he.

Martha did time for lying. 

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

as long as he Listens to his atty(s).. he'll probably be able to " cut a Deal "  & avoid having to " do Time "   ?

17 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I see. Didnt realize insider trading had nothing to do with her doing time.

it was the initial underlying investigation. She sold DNDN to avoid losses when a board member told her they failed a trial or something like that.  But her attempts to cover it up and lying to the feds is what landed her in jail. 

Feds made an example of her for the cover up. The amount of money she saved was negligible considering her net worth.

If she didnt lie and payed the money back she saved, she likely would have avoided jail.

Sounds like the Feds are going to be coming after him and coming after him hard.  Playing football is the least of his worries right.  Statement from the US Attorney who announced the charges. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-brazen-aggressive-feds-say-lb-mychal-kendricks-alleged-insider-trading-scheme-015829230.html

“Mr. Sonoiki and Mr. Kendricks are alleged to have cheated the markets, cheated other investors and placed themselves above the law. I want the community to know that the FBI, the SEC and the U.S. Attorney’s office will do everything in our collective power to protect our financial markets and safeguard against insider trading and other kinds of securities fraud. If you commit insider trading or any kind of securities fraud in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, we will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law. Your background, your education, your professional success will not save you. It will not matter who you are. It will only matter what you did. And eventually, your crimes will catch up to you.”

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

Rudy Giuliani is his attorney.

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

If he's THAT stupid I don't know if I'd want him on the Jets.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I'd guess that something like 32 out of 32 NFL owners are also guilty of insider trading. Probably the commissioner, too. 

That's different. They already have the big bucks to pay off people so that nothing comes of it. Disgusting .

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

probably every owner in the NFL has benefitted from insider trading.

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

His lawyer's name is My Cousin Vinny

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

SIGN THIS BEAST!  For the tips, if nothing else.

Archived