Our great scout GM selected ArDarius Stewart over Kareem Hunt

Jetsbb

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What i genuinely don’t get is why anyone would come in here and Defend Macc’s drafting? How can that possibly be a stance anyone would take?

I’ll give him his due in other areas of GM’ing, but drafting? *Puke city*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a couple posters who the biggest issue do they give Macc an A or A+ for drafting

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jets rarely spend a high pick on a back. Powell was a 4th in '11 then Green a 3rd in 09...and then the last guy I want to say before that was Lamont Jordan who was a 2nd. 

Heck yeah ... L_J_R !!!

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I bet you were saying things about Stephen Hill until the day he was finally cut.  If you truly knew what you were watching you would see a guy who was the 4th or 5th option who was largely ignored by opposing defenses.  

I Know what im watching. do you. He wasn't drafted to be our go to guy. He was drafted to be a slot receiver,and a third or 4th option, on the outside. He has quick feet, can catch the ball in traffic, and he tracks the ball exceptionally well into his hands. I posted that video because someone said he couldn't outrun a linebacker. Pure nonsense. Stephan Hill had three years to prove he was a bust. And he saw the field a lot more than Stewart did last year. Wide Receiver's careers don't end after their rookie year, unless they get hurt. If Stewart doe's become a productive receiver,i doubt you'll be cool enough to admit you were wrong. I believe you were one of the posters on JI, defending Idzik, until it became obvious to even you, he was a total failure. In every way

. He wasn't drafted to be our go to guy. He was drafted to be a slot receiver,and a third or 4th option, on the outside.

So let me get this straight, el chapo

-we passed on Hunt because we felt it was more important to spend a THIRD ROUND PICK on a slot guy who could (maybe) be our 4th or 5th option on the outside?

“....no no, I don’t want a 3down back you idiot, I said trivial slot guy. That’s right. Someone who is interchangeable with UDFAs...”

-Macc

Btw, How much mercury are you ingesting?

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So let me get this straight, el chapo

-we passed on Hunt because we felt it was more important to spend a THIRD ROUND PICK on a slot guy who could (maybe) be our 4th or 5th option on the outside?

“....no no, I don’t want a 3down back you idiot, I said trivial slot guy. That’s right. Someone who is interchangeable with UDFAs...”

-Macc

Btw, How much mercury are you ingesting?

Who replaces Kearse, if he leaves via free agency. You accept fact that isn't fact. Stewart wasn't the 4th or 5th option at Alabama. Read. Learn. Be humble

Recent News

Jets selected Alabama WR ArDarius Stewart with the No. 79 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.
Stewart (5’11/204) turned pro as a redshirt junior after compiling a career 129/1,713/12 (13.3 YPR) receiving line as a two-year starter and three-year contributor in Tuscaloosa. An above-par athlete with 4.49 speed and a solid 10-foot-4 broad jump, Stewart looks like a cross between Golden Tate and Pierre Garcon on college film with powerful shiftiness and impressive run-after-catch skills. Stewart dealt with horrific QB play at Alabama – particularly in 2016 – and became a player the Crimson Tide coaching staff proactively manufactured touches. Also a physical blocker with special teams experience, Stewart has a chance to develop into a plus No. 3 or lower-end No. 2 NFL receiver. Fri, Apr 28, 2017 10:24:00 PM

Pro Football Focus compared Alabama WR ArDarius Stewart to San Francisco 49ers WR Pierre Garcon.
"Like Stewart, Garcon had little experience against man defense and press coverage [coming out of Mount Union in 2008], and there were questions about his route-running," explains the PFF analysis team. Garcon has overcome those deficiencies to carve out a nice little career in the pro ranks. The outlet refers to the 5-foot-11, 204-pound Stewart as "a quietly solid receiving prospect in this draft class." We could say the same thing about a number of potential mid-round wideouts in what is an underrated positional class overall. Stewart could see draft love as early as the second round, though the third or fourth round might be slightly more realistic. Fri, Apr 14, 2017 08:56:00 PM
An AFC executive told NFL Media's Lance Zierlein that Alabama WR ArDarius Stewart possesses a "dog mindset and just kind of launches into everything he does."
"Typical Alabama player but he's on that high end of the competitive scale, which is a big compliment," the executive said. Zierlein concurs with that note on competitiveness and adds that Stewart is "built like a running back and is able to run like one with the ball in his hands." The analyst is even more smitten with the routes that the 6-foot-1, 204-pounder tends to run, writing that it is "hard to redirect Stewart and he can create space with his size and strength." Thu, Feb 9, 2017 05:19:00 PM
Source: NFL.com
Alabama redshirt junior WR ArDarius Stewart declared for the NFL Draft.
Stewart, a two-year starter, told the media that he received a second-round grade from the NFL College Advisory Committee. That may be a little rich, but keep in mind that this is a thin receiving crop that drops off quickly after the top prospects. This past season, functioning as Alabama's designated deep threat, Stewart led the Tide with 864 yards receiving and eight touchdowns on 54 receptions. A versatile athlete with good wheels, Stewart also had eight rushes for 68 yards and eight kick returns for 161 yards. In addition, his blocking has also been lauded. Stewart was suspended for the Chattanooga game for a violation of team rules. Cam Sims or Trevon Diggs could replace Stewart across from Calvin Ridley. Fri, Jan 13, 2017 02:14:00 PM

art was not the 4th or 5th option at Alabama.

Just now, BallinPB said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  All teams will whiff on draft picks and all teams will pass on players.  I can't believe this is even a thread for a 3rd round pick even as good as Hunt has become.  

Well the issue is not as much just about whiffing it is about what position you are drafting and whiffing on.  Also the gms that whiff on a lot of draft picks are awful gms the ones who whiff less or draft better players are good gms.  The jets could have had marshawn lattimore and Alvin kamara, instead new Orleans has those players.

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  All teams will whiff on draft picks and all teams will pass on players.  I can't believe this is even a thread for a 3rd round pick even as good as Hunt has become.  

Some people get butthurt because a team didn't draft the player they wanted. So,the first chance they get to slam the teams pick, they do. Yea. Hunt is a terrific player. hindsight is 20/20.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well the issue is not as much just about whiffing it is about what position you are drafting and whiffing on.  Also the gms that whiff on a lot of draft picks are awful gms the ones who whiff less or draft better players are good gms.  The jets could have had marshawn lattimore and Alvin kamara, instead new Orleans has those players.

If we drafted a player way earlier than where they were slotted. Bad drafting. Stewart was not a reach in the 3rd round.

Who replaces Kearse, if he leaves via free agency. You accept fact that isn't fact. Stewart wasn't the 4th or 5th option at Alabama. Read. Learn. art was not the 4th or 5th option at Alabama.

Lol can YOU read? You said 3/4th option. With us. Who said anything about Alabama. Your argument for taking him is in fact, the reason we shouldn’t have taken him.

Try reading my post. Then try really digesting what I’m saying.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The real issue is, and should be not the individual parts, where those parts were drafted, but the whole. And that is where GM's should be judged.

5-11 will not cut it this year and this team needs to take a large leap forward, otherwise there will need to be some explaining.

That is the issue. Everything else is just fodder for 2nd guessing. This is a win or lose league. Nothing else matters.

5 hours ago, genot said:

Did you watch. Who says he's on the roster bubble. You. He will not be cut after week two. He didn't get much chance last year, did he. He might not get much chance this year, either.

Im not as down on Mac as some, but it is disappointing that a third rd pick has contributed so little to this point in his career.  If he doesnt get cut, he better really work on his craft next off season or he will be a goner

If we drafted a player way earlier than where they were slotted. Bad drafting. Stewart was not a reach in the 3rd round.

It was a reach. It was a reach for us. And a reach for him. He had no business being taken in the 3rd. I don’t care what Lance says. These are the same guys who give Cordarrelle Patterson a first round grade when the guy couldn’t run a post to save his life.

I expect my million dollar GM to avoid pot holes named Ardarius Stewart.

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol can YOU read? You said 3/4th option. With us. Who said anything about Alabama. You’re argument for talking him is in fact, the reason we shouldn’t have taken him. 

1st round is for run support safeties

2nd round is for QBs who are on their 4th team (practice squad), before they can take a snap in the league.

3rd round is for 4th WR options

CHAMPIONSHIP!

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It was a reach. It was a reach for us. And a reach for him. He had no business being taken in the 3rd. I don’t care what Lance says. These are the same guys who give Cordarrelle Patterson a first round grade when the guy couldn’t run a post to save his life.

I expect my million dollar GM to avoid pot holes named Ardarius Stewart.

EVERY draft report I've seen, had a low 2nd, high 4th round grade on him. Maybe they're all wrong, and your right. The point i've been making is, it's too early too judge him, and other guys we've drafted after 2015. That's all im saying. McGuire seems like a bust now. Lets see what happens when he returns. Mac knows when Powell is a free agent. Maybe he views him as his replacement.

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

1st round is for run support safeties

2nd round is for QBs who are on their 4th team (practice squad), before they can take a snap in the league.

3rd round is for 4th WR options

CHAMPIONSHIP!

If you read my post, I said he is a slot receiver and an option on the outside if we have injuries there. Perhaps I wasn't clear about that. Sorry

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

The funny part is highly doubt kamara or Hunt would be the players they are now with the jets . They got draft by some brilliant offensive minds that put them in tremendous positions to succeed . 

Jury is still out on Cook tho . Let’s see if he regains that same explosion he had before the ACL injury 

Agreed, although the Cook injury was unforeseen.  He was actually looking like the best of those 3 at the start of the season before he got hurt.

52 minutes ago, genot said:

EVERY draft report I've seen, had a low 2nd, high 4th round grade on him. Maybe they're all wrong, and your right. The point i've been making is, it's too early too judge him, and other guys we've drafted after 2015. That's all im saying. McGuire seems like a bust now. Lets see what happens when he returns. Mac knows when Powell is a free agent. Maybe he views him as his replacement.

Everyone can be right after the draft.  Hes made so many bad picks on the forum you would think he would get that.

How right was he about Paxton Lynch and how stupid Macc was to let Elway move up ahead of him?  We all forget our screw ups.  Its like a Yelp review in threads like this.  

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Lol can YOU read? You said 3/4th option. With us. Who said anything about Alabama. Your argument for taking him is in fact, the reason we shouldn’t have taken him.

As an outside receiver he is. Not in the slot. Someone mentioned he was the 4th or 5th option at Alabama, which is false. I never said it was a good or bad pick. What I've been saying all along is, it's too early too form a judgment. You make it seem like he came from nowheresville, only to be drafted by that idiot GM.

21 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You can sometimes excuse these blatant mistakes when the position doesn't fit a need. The truth is they were looking at picking Alvin Kamara. They let the Saints trade up a couple of spots ahead of them to pick Kamara and then traded down and selected Stewart with Kareem Hunt still on the board. The guy has been as bad as Idzik. Even the one first round pick that wasn't a slam dunk he picks Daren Lee a below avg starter. With Woody in the UK and his brother a sycophant who wants to be buddies with the players kissing their ass any chance he gets we will be stuck with Mac and Bowles for a while.

Man maybe you and your friend Mr. Hindsight should be the GM. :rolleyes:

I don't think Maccagnan is above the fiftieth percentile as a GM, primarily because the decisions he makes tend strongly to indicate a disregard for basic analytics that should be employed to mitigate uncertainty. He even screwed up the pick everybody says he got right simply because it couldn't have been screwed up by taking a defensive tackle without concretely quantifiable strengths who was considered a great prospect primarily because everybody said so instead of a pass rusher who was a double unanimous all-american and who tested through the roof on athletic drills and performance projections. That's how you make this case. You don't say I liked/didn't like this guy who turned out to be good/bad therefore I was right/wrong. At best we're doing a way dumbed down version of talking about this. No need to make it worse.

22 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You can sometimes excuse these blatant mistakes when the position doesn't fit a need. The truth is they were looking at picking Alvin Kamara. They let the Saints trade up a couple of spots ahead of them to pick Kamara and then traded down and selected Stewart with Kareem Hunt still on the board. The guy has been as bad as Idzik. Even the one first round pick that wasn't a slam dunk he picks Daren Lee a below avg starter. With Woody in the UK and his brother a sycophant who wants to be buddies with the players kissing their ass any chance he gets we will be stuck with Mac and Bowles for a while.

You know you can play this game the other way too.

The NYJ drafted Ardarius Stewart instead of

Antonia Garcia who went to the Patriots, cut, and was with the Jets camp.

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't think Maccagnan is above the fiftieth percentile as a GM, primarily because the decisions he makes tend strongly to indicate a disregard for basic analytics that should be employed to mitigate uncertainty. He even screwed up the pick everybody says he got right simply because it couldn't have been screwed up by taking a defensive tackle without concretely quantifiable strengths who was considered a great prospect primarily because everybody said so instead of a pass rusher who was a double unanimous all-american and who tested through the roof on athletic drills and performance projections. That's how you make this case. You don't say I liked/didn't like this guy who turned out to be good/bad therefore I was right/wrong. At best we're doing a way dumbed down version of talking about this. No need to make it worse.

2d30200899b9326a584a1e120baba508.jpg

2 hours ago, genot said:

Every year the various draftniks have projections.  A monkey GM could just pick from Kiper's best available.  In fact, if that is what Mac did from 2015-2017, he would have drafted better.

But these draftniks are not supposed to know players better than real scouts.  Teams that draft well actually form their own view and find players that end up good that the draftniks value less.  That is why redrafts look different than initial draft projections and actual drafts.    

So, notwithstanding the fact that Mac would have overall drafted better by picking best rated players, a few players he picked high were actually rated to be picked that high, but in retrospect should not have been.

Lee and Stewart were both picked where they were supposed to, but in retrospect they were overrated by both the draftniks and Mac.

Knowing what we know now, would a GM pick Lee or Deion Jones first?  Stewart over Elflein or Kareem Hunt?  Adams or Lattimore?  That is the point.  

Mac should either follow Kiper's board and develop his own better scouting and evaluating.  Maybe that is what happened in 2018,  From 2015-2017, he was mixing and matching.  

10 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Mac has drafted miserably but obtained a FQB and has done some other good things.   He has been paid well for four years and learned alot.  he will be an executive in the NFL for a long time.  Idzik even has a job now.  

The question for the Johnsons is what is the organization that is going to build a Super Bowl champion around Sam Darnold going to look like?   Have the Jets and Mac made improvements that will ensure that they draft and obtain better players?  Right now they have a bottom 10 (charitable) overall roster.   That is the only question to ask right now.  

3 hours ago, genot said:

I Know what im watching. do you. He wasn't drafted to be our go to guy. He was drafted to be a slot receiver,and a third or 4th option, on the outside. He has quick feet, can catch the ball in traffic, and he tracks the ball exceptionally well into his hands. I posted that video because someone said he couldn't outrun a linebacker. Pure nonsense. Stephan Hill had three years to prove he was a bust. And he saw the field a lot more than Stewart did last year. Wide Receiver's careers don't end after their rookie year, unless they get hurt. If Stewart doe's become a productive receiver,i doubt you'll be cool enough to admit you were wrong. I believe you were one of the posters on JI, defending Idzik, until it became obvious to even you, he was a total failure. In every way

Wrong again, I said the 2014 draft was a disaster while it was happening.  I was wrong about Amaro, thought he had a chance to be decent.  We’ll see about Stewart, but I’d be shocked if he was still on this roster next season.  

Archived