Doris Burke- MNF are you Kinding me?

themeangreenkillingmachine

I thought she was a basketball commentator? I cannot stand her voice. Her and this High school commentator is like listening to nails scratching a chalkboard. Her tone of voice sounds like your local news reporter reporting the weather. 

I can't help but think that ESPN's decision to go with her lies behind all of the feminists that have gotten into ESPN. Feminists were probably complaining that the commentator crews lacked diversity. anybody who disagrees with Doris Burke being the lead commentator is a sexist and bigot. 

Women do have their place in commentating, Doris is good at Basketball [but I still can't stand her voice]. there's a woman who does the ESPN baseball games [she actually has a nice voice]. women are great sideline reporters, but please I don't need Doris Burke explaining football 101 to me.

here we go... call me a sexist bigot

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kwortman1 said:

Uh, Beth Mowens is the commentator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sound exactly like Burke. probably because she's trying to do that news reporter voice [like tricia takanawa from Family Guy]

anyways I've been waiting 9 months to watch my team, and this is the sh*t I get. Her co-commentator is atrocious as well. 

17 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I thought she was a basketball commentator? I cannot stand her voice. Her and this High school commentator is like listening to nails scratching a chalkboard. Her tone of voice sounds like your local news reporter reporting the weather. 

I can't help but think that ESPN's decision to go with her lies behind all of the feminists that have gotten into ESPN. Feminists were probably complaining that the commentator crews lacked diversity. anybody who disagrees with Doris Burke being the lead commentator is a sexist and bigot. 

Women do have their place in commentating, Doris is good at Basketball [but I still can't stand her voice]. there's a woman who does the ESPN baseball games [she actually has a nice voice]. women are great sideline reporters, but please I don't need Doris Burke explaining football 101 to me.

This post is moronic and it isn't even Doris Burke.  And, no, they don't sound alike. Mowens sucks, but Burke is great.

23 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

sound exactly like Burke. probably because she's trying to do that news reporter voice [like tricia takanawa from Family Guy]

anyways I've been waiting 9 months to watch my team, and this is the sh*t I get. Her co-commentator is atrocious as well. 

My 1st thought as well.

Screw being politically correct! I don't want to hear a woman announcing a New York teams Monday night national football game and she sounds like she's from Fargo! everybody should get a check in the mail just for putting up with this crap! my 72 year old mother said she can't stand listening to her announced this game! it's like when you're trying to get laid and your dog jumps on the bed..lol

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

Screw being politically correct! I don't want to hear a woman announcing a New York teams Monday night national football game and she sounds like she's from Fargo! everybody should get a check in the mail just for putting up with this crap! my 72 year old mother said she can't stand listening to her announced this game! it's like when you're trying to get laid and your dog jumps on the bed..lol

Her problem isn’t being a woman, it’s her voice, it’s horrid

Cant comment on tonight's announcer because Im at work and the sound isnt on.

I think Suzyn Waldman isn't bad at all and gets too much sh*t. I think the girl on Sunday Night Baseball has a major case of Gruden-itis and has to fill every second of dead air with boring or nonsensical comments. Some are good some are bad. Same goes for the men. 

6 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Nothing to do with women dude. Plenty of bad male announcers too. She's just got a bad voice

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

Cant comment on tonight's announcer because Im at work and the sound isnt on.

I think Suzyn Waldman isn't bad at all and gets too much sh*t. I think the girl on Sunday Night Baseball has a major case of Gruden-itis and has to fill every second of dead air with boring or nonsensical comments. Some are good some are bad. Same goes for the men. 

That's kind of the job of a baseball announcer. the game is so slow and long that they just have to blab on about something [whether its related to baseball or not]. but thank goodness for nfl on espn deportes. those guys can get pretty hyped, its funny.

1 minute ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

That's kind of the job of a baseball announcer. the game is so slow and long that they just have to blab on about something [whether its related to baseball or not]. but thank goodness for nfl on espn deportes. those guys can get pretty hyped, its funny.

Gotta disagree about baseball, and pretty much any sport with regards to verbal diarrhea coming from the announcers booth. It's actually ok to shut the **** up for 5 seconds. 

33 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I'll take a guess, you voted for Hilary.

I don't know who "Hilary" is.

Besides, what does politics have do with you confusing Mowens, who broadcasts a completely different sport, with Doris Burke, one of the best broadcasters in all of sports?  She also just received an award from the Pro Basketball HOF.

As CTM said, Mowens sucks, because she sucks. It has nothing to do with being a women. Burke is great, Mowen stinks.

2 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Im with ya.

i love women. I respect women. But i friggin hate them shoving sideline barbie down my throat.

i want to see a man. If i want chicks ill go to tubegalore. Sorry

9 hours ago, SMC said:

I don't know who "Hilary" is.

Besides, what does politics have do with you confusing Mowens, who broadcasts a completely different sport, with Doris Burke, one of the best broadcasters in all of sports?  She also just received an award from the Pro Basketball HOF.

As CTM said, Mowens sucks, because she sucks. It has nothing to do with being a women. Burke is great, Mowen stinks.

In the game thread I was complaining immediately  about the crew and thought it was a some guy with a higher pitched voice, I think I said weenie guy with the terrible voice. I didnt watch any of the pre game  so I never had a visual. Now that I know her gender I think she sounds like a women trying to bring out the low end of her voice and it just sounds awkward.

Shame too cause some will scoff off all critiscm as sexism when that is only true for a (hopefully) small portion of the response. I'm pretty sure ive heard a lot better female announcers in others sports but cant cite specifics because it was unremarkable either way. (Which is just fine / even ideal)

Archived