Tannehill CBPOY?

jgb

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

If it was given out after week three, I think it'd go to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Philosophically, I prefer the award to go to guys coming back from injury or adversity not of his own making, not just “coming back” from sucking or being a backup. But I agree that Fitz also in running.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Philosophically, I prefer the award to go to guys coming back from injury or adversity not of his own making, not just “coming back” from sucking or being a backup. But I agree that Fitz also in running.

Same--much better story-- but Fitz has outperformed him and I guess you can call what he's doing a comeback. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

As predicted, guy is playing good ball. Miami also has no weapons. QB makes the weapons, not the other way around.

Tom Brady has 3 WRs active tonight. They all suck. The Patriots have 10 points with 6 minutes left in the game. Cool story bro.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Tom Brady has 3 WRs active tonight. They all suck. The Patriots have 10 points with 6 minutes left in the game. Cool story bro.

Brady has been winning with nothing for years. You're better than using a one game sample size from a guy's 20 year HOF resume to invalidate a comment that Tannehill is playing pretty good ball.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Is your position that Gronk and Moss, amongst others, are nothing?

Yea, you’d be well suited to “opt out”. It’s not a debate.

So you agree Tannehill > Brady

I'm even a better debater than I thought--convincing this board of Ryan's greatness.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Nah just giving you the last word, since this is obviously all very important to you. I won't be responding to you again, so go nuts.

You’re giving me the last word so I’ll take it and recap for anyone who missed it all: 

You start a terrible thread with the premise that a division rival should be cbpoty after 3 weeks of football just so you can give yourself a pat on the back for predicting that Tannehill would play well.

Somewhere along the way, you stupidly say “brady has been winning for years with nothing”, and then double down when I ask you if Gronk and Randy Moss amongst others are “nothing”.

Now you’re in full “save face” mode by claiming this is important to me...even thought you started this thread and have the most posts in it.

Thanks for the last word.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, jgb said:

As predicted, guy is playing good ball. Miami also has no weapons. QB makes the weapons, not the other way around.

On the contrary, they have speed. They don’t have household names. Albert Wilson,  Jakeem Grant,  Kenny stills, canyon Drake, all these guys can fly, separate, and break off chunks plays.

Gase Is creative enough to get the ball to them.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Have you actually watched him or just looked at blind numbers?  His D dominated us which is why they won and when icing the game the HC allowed no trust in him at all.  Week 1 they won because of STs.  Yesterday late in the game they allowed a wr to throw the game winning TD.

They are hiding their QB and beating bad teams, that won't last long.  

I just wish we had a coach as good as game, we'd easily be 3-0.

I can see Tannehill getting CPYOY , he's coming off two knee injuries. His team is 3-0 and they are healthy.  If we don't get our sh*t together we will be battling the bills for last place,  as the previous poster stated they are healthy they have speed and Gase runs a good system for Tannehill. The whole patriots pig is ripe for the slaughter thing could be, but we are on the outside looking in the Dolphins are a lot closer than we are whether we want to admit it or not.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Your signature is an embarrassment.  Those things happened in the past.  Let them go.  This fanbase refuses to move forward. 

They could do a study on the masochistic nature of the Jet fan.  

• Haha 1

the Dolphins have played 3 weaker teams no one legit yet 

that being said the two Tanny's have each learned a great deal over the years 

everyone on the roster can run and jump. Ryan Tannehill has escapability and fast targets who gamebreak.

GM Tanny built a roster good to win 9-10 games per usual. It's not SB caliber but he's not starting street free agents at OLB and TE. He's not sitting there with 21 mil in unused cap. 

Why not the Dolphins? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Back to Tannehill playing really well with weaponz that are replacement-level quality. Who'd a-thunk it? Other than me, obviously.

The fins receivers are better then replacement level, landry was the best of that group ,but you can argue landry is a top 5 receiver in the nfl. the other receivers are pretty good. They a decent not great running back group as well. So he is not playing with nothing.

16 hours ago, k-met57 said:

as predicted lol lets take a poll about who:

a. cared about the initial prediction

b. cares about this nonsense post

The ones who don't post in the thread probably don't care. 

15 hours ago, Jetlag said:

Your signature is an embarrassment.  Those things happened in the past.  Let them go.  This fanbase refuses to move forward. 

They could do a study on the masochistic nature of the Jet fan.  

Embarrassment to whom? They happened didn't they? Let's also forget about Joe Namath while we are at it.

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Dolphins have played 3 weaker teams no one legit yet 

that being said the two Tanny's have each learned a great deal over the years 

everyone on the roster can run and jump. Ryan Tannehill has escapability and fast targets who gamebreak.

GM Tanny built a roster good to win 9-10 games per usual. It's not SB caliber but he's not starting street free agents at OLB and TE. He's not sitting there with 21 mil in unused cap. 

Why not the Dolphins? 

Dolphins very well may win the division. Although like a movie monster, I never leave Pats for dead.

13 hours ago, rammagen said:

The fins receivers are better then replacement level, landry was the best of that group ,but you can argue landry is a top 5 receiver in the nfl. the other receivers are pretty good. They a decent not great running back group as well. So he is not playing with nothing.

If the Fins and Jets magically swapped WRs tomorrow, the complaints that Macc failed to surround Darnold with sufficient weaponz for his development would be rampant.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:37 AM, jgb said:

Dolphins very well may win the division. Although like a movie monster, I never leave Pats for dead.

If the Fins and Jets magically swapped WRs tomorrow, the complaints that Macc failed to surround Darnold with sufficient weaponz for his development would be rampant.

NO those receivers as a group are pretty good and well rounded. Their tight ends are better as well.

DeVante Parker 1st rnd pick very good receiver

Kenny Stills while a 5th rnd pick of the saints is a good receiver  and Amendola people can argue one of the better slot guys in the league.

The Jets have one real threat that has shown up in the receivers group in Quincy. Another receiver that has fumbles every other game and if not running deep routes seem to disappear in Robby.   Pryor who seems to running his own routes and Jermaine who is just getting healthy.

So again who has better receivers?