Go fund me - Fire Macc and Bowles

j4jets

https://www.gofundme.com/fire-macc-and-bowles

I'm willing to chip in if this can get some momentum. Sick n tired of both of these two idiots. They’ve brought a new low point in the organization since the Rich Kotite years. We are 11-25 in the last 36 games. That’s pretty inexcusable, unless you’re the Browns. Now WE are the new Browns. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Larz said:

To do what with the money? 

Billboards to prove to any good prospect that Jets fans are nuts and the owner is a pussy? 

Moronic stupidity 

Also add that the people who do this are looking for attention from the media

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Billboards to prove to any good prospect that Jets fans are nuts and the owner is a pussy? 

Moronic stupidity 

There’s ZERO point in a billboard or banner. If Chris Johnson can’t figure out that this organization is fun by 2 of the worst ever at their respective positions (GM/Coach), then there is no hope. He will hire the wrong people and the cycle will repeat.

A banner/billboard does more harm than good and ensures that no one of worth comes here. It sends the wrong message. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Moronic stupidity 

Here's what they say on the page:

"Jets fans!

It’s that time of the year again. Round 2! After Izdik, it’s time for Macc n Bowles to pack up!

Let’s unite and get rid of these two clowns! We have a franchise QB that is going to get ruined by Macc’s inept drafting and Bowles’ gutless, mind blowing coaching. 

Who’s with us?

Billboard and aerial advertising."

34 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

There’s ZERO point in a billboard or banner. If Chris Johnson can’t figure out that this organization is fun by 2 of the worst ever at their respective positions (GM/Coach), then there is no hope. He will hire the wrong people and the cycle will repeat.

A banner/billboard does more harm than good and ensures that no one of worth comes here. It sends the wrong message. 

I agree with you. 100%.  IF we have an ownership that is likely to be influenced by banner, billboards and fan sentiment, then we have a weak ownership.  And if our ownership truly is that weak, then we are screwed anyway.  Hopefully Chris J comes to the conclusion that change is needed on his own, makes the move and brings in leadership that can get this thing moving in the right direction.  Without billboards or banners.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree with you. 100%.  IF we have an ownership that is likely to be influenced by banner, billboards and fan sentiment, then we have a weak ownership.  And if our ownership truly is that weak, then we are screwed anyway.  Hopefully Chris J comes to the conclusion that change is needed on his own, makes the move and brings in leadership that can get this thing moving in the right direction.  Without billboards or banners.

Idzik was not only a bad GM he’s a weird awkward guy so it was easy for the Johnsons to get rid of him

Mike Macagnan is an alpha make bs artist who knows how to talk.  The Johnsons will never fire him 

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Question,

Is the OP the same person that did the Idzic campaign, because that is the only person  that should be running this. At least we know it would get done.

OP is simply the messenger. 

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

I'm down for fire Bowles I am not doating to fire Mac who I think is a good gm

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Mac has been a terrible drafter.  He has built a terrible roster.  But I do think there may be some hope that he is the type of guy who is bad at the lower level stuff but good at senior management.   He is pretty good at trades and contracts.  Make him a weak President, make Heimerdinger GM and build up the scouting staff.  Make it clear that Mac is not really Heimerdingers boss.  I think that could work and maintain continuity.  

But Bowles is hopeless.  

Are the Jets the only organization that seems to be constantly changing BOTH its GM and HC?  Maybe that is the problem.  We have no continuity in anything because we're frequently changing both positions and not allowing some sort of longterm philosophy to get instilled.  While I can't give Macc rave reviews I also don't think he's done a horrible job.  He's been uneven, especially in the Draft.  Cap management, trades and FA have gone a little better for him.  We need some sort of stability and to allow someone at the top of the football operations pyramid to remain a steady, constant voice with a well-understood philosophy in place.  JMHO.

Mac has been a terrible drafter.  He has built a terrible roster.  But I do think there may be some hope that he is the type of guy who is bad at the lower level stuff but good at senior management.   He is pretty good at trades and contracts.  Make him a weak President, make Heimerdinger GM and build up the scouting staff.  Make it clear that Mac is not really Heimerdingers boss.  I think that could work and maintain continuity.  
But Bowles is hopeless.  
One thing I really respect about Mac is his willingness to move on from draft picks. You see it all the time where teams hold onto guys based on the draft and don't give up on them when they show nothing to prove they can play

5 hours ago, varjet said:

But Bowles is hopeless.  

You want to add a layer to the front office without having a real boss?  I can't think of a worse idea.  They already have this ridiculous non-power structure where nobody reports to anybody.  If you make Heimerdinger GM, then make everybody report to him and get rid of the other guy.  

7 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I'm down for fire Bowles I am not doating to fire Mac who I think is a good gm

3rd rounder/Stewart - cut year 2

4th rounder/Hansen - cut year 2

5th rounder/Burris - bust

5th rounder/Donahue - cut year 2

2nd rounder/Hackenberg - bust, cut year 2

4th rounder/Petty - bust, cut year 3

3rd rounder/Mauldin - bust, cut year 3

2nd rounder/Devin Smith - bust, cut year 3

5th rounder/Jarvis Harrison - cut year 2

Take away the 2018 draft class for now because they are going nowhere. In his first three years, Maccagnan drafted 22 players. 45 percent or more of his draft picks arent on the roster anymore. Maccagnan has drafted just two offensive linemen in 28 picks and only one is still on the team — Brandon Shell.

SPARE ME THE BS

6 hours ago, varjet said:

But Bowles is hopeless.  

Actually I think Mac has probably cut more players than he brought in which is something I like about him. He moves on from mistakes

3rd rounder/Stewart - cut year 2
4th rounder/Hansen - cut year 2
5th rounder/Burris - bust
5th rounder/Donahue - cut year 2
2nd rounder/Hackenberg - bust, cut year 2
4th rounder/Petty - bust, cut year 3
3rd rounder/Mauldin - bust, cut year 3
2nd rounder/Devin Smith - bust, cut year 3
5th rounder/Jarvis Harrison - cut year 2
Take away the 2018 draft class for now because they are going nowhere. In his first three years, Maccagnan drafted 22 players. 45 percent or more of his draft picks arent on the roster anymore. Maccagnan has drafted just two offensive linemen in 28 picks and only one is still on the team — Brandon Shell.
SPARE ME THE BS
What is the typical hit rate on drafts? How many teams hold on to players too long because it was their guy?

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

What is the typical hit rate on drafts? How many teams hold on to players too long because it was their guy?

Well surely higher than missing on every single 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rounder aside from Maye and Jenkins(who just haven’t even been all-worldly anyway)

He held on Devin Smith for entirely too long. People forgot that guy was even on the team last year.. infact he’s 0-3 on high round WR’s..really WR’s period. 

I am not going to give the guy credit for making terrible picks left and right and cutting them early. That’s not something a professional sports GM deserves praise for.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well surely higher than missing on every single 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rounder aside from Maye and Jenkins(who just haven’t even been all-worldly anyway)

He held on Devin Smith for entirely too long. People forgot that guy was even on the team last year.. infact he’s 0-3 on high round WR’s..really WR’s period. 

I am not going to give the guy credit for making terrible picks left and right and cutting them early. That’s not something a professional sports GM deserves praise for.

expecting 2nd and 3rd rounders to be all-world is the first problem.  Has he had a lot of misses in the draft... Of course... but he has also done great on trades and UDFA. So yes I agree that he seems to have missed more then most on the drafts... but truth be told there are a lot of teams that have missed hardcore on drafts and are still very competitive. 

9 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

expecting 2nd and 3rd rounders to be all-world is the first problem.  Has he had a lot of misses in the draft... Of course... but he has also done great on trades and UDFA. So yes I agree that he seems to have missed more then most on the drafts... but truth be told there are a lot of teams that have missed hardcore on drafts and are still very competitive. 

The all world comment was merely meant to show that they haven’t even been that good. I didn’t actually mean that I think they should be pro bowlers at this moment.

Regardless, he has missed a lot more than he should have and hasn’t even drafted talent that can stay on this already putrid roster. That’s a whole other problem in itself. I don’t see how anyone can defend this man any further.  I was a huge Mac supporter and now even I cannot ignore the incompetence.

36 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Where are these "great" trades and UDFA?  Robby Anderson as an UDFA was an excellent pick up.  That is the only one that I can remember.  Other great trades?  Brandon Marshall seemed good for a year - but is a clubhouse disaster that was addition by subtraction in Chicago.  Fitzpatrick was a nice trade pickup, but a disaster to re-sign.  Who else?  You want to count Henry Anderson and the Darnold trade up?  Seems a bit premature, but fine. People forget that Henry Anderson is a FA this offseason.  Same deal happened with Pryor for Davis.  Where are the great trades? Ryan Clady?  Zac Stacy? DeVier Posey?  The trade ups for Shell and Petty? The trade down for Mauldin?  Rashard Robinson? Terrence Brooks? Who am I missing? 

And you cannot be a competitive football team without good drafting.

hell,

you cant be a stable professional sports organization without good drafting. Good drafting is essential. Maccagnan has been at the bottom of that list no matter what excuse you make for him. The other ball clubs actually hit on some impact players. Browns have been the Browns because they couldn’t draft talent or keep the players they drafted on the roster long enough. 

On 10/3/2018 at 10:06 AM, Lith said:

Instead we presently have  a novice owner (no clue) being led by the nose by two football examples of the Peter Principle.  That is not strong either,

Archived