What Jets player or threat does an opposing Defensive Coordinator gameplan against?

jetstream23

Serious question - What's the strength of the Jets offense in terms of either a single player or a capability that keeps opposing teams' defensive coordinators up at night worrying?

Is there anyone they feel forced to roll coverage to other maybe a little deep Safety help on Anderson fly routes?  Enunwa is a favorite target of Darnold but does he warrant double coverage?  Is there any reason to stack the box for extra run support because of the ability of the Jets OLine or a particular stud running back?

Is it me or does the Jets offense not really scare anyone? (except for maybe scaring us fans)

"Gameplan for" is a loaded term.  People game plan for Enunwa.  They gameplay for Anderson's ability to blow the top off the defense.  The Jets have guys that have certain abilities/traits that need accounted for.

What they don't have is someone that other teams try to take away at all costs.

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

"Gameplan for" is a loaded term.  People game plan for Enunwa.  They gameplay for Anderson's ability to blow the top off the deefense.  The Jets have guys that have certain abilities/traits that need accounted for.

Nailed it. 

This also holds true for our defense as well.

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

"Gameplan for" is a loaded term.  People game plan for Enunwa.  They gameplay for Anderson's ability to blow the top off the deefense.  The Jets have guys that have certain abilities/traits that need accounted for.

Agreed.  Or someone that keeps them awake at night thinking about.  

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Well if the Jets were smart they would offensively  game plan around a player an opposing team hasn't seen alot of like Cannon or Leggit or maybe Herdon. But the Jets aren't smart so they will keep doing what the defense expects. 

I do think Cannon is someone that needs to get a few touches here and there.  If they continue to take minimal shots down field, they need guys that can pop big plays occasionally.  He potentially fits that bill.

Nobody.  Every off season I do Fanspeak drafts, fantasizing about picking receivers, tight ends and backs.  Then draft weekend rolls around and the Jets draft D Linemen, linebackers (but no good pass rushers,) corners, and safeties ad nauseum.  Then our GM will draft some skill players in the later rounds that I never heard of. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived