Watching Chiefs vs Patriots. Friendly reminder Macagnan selected Ardarius Stewart over Kareem Hunt

Jetsbb

44 minutes ago, varjet said:

If I am the Johnsons I am asking for assurance and evidence that Mac is going to draft better going forward. 2016 and 2017 drafts were just terrible.  Nathan Shepherd is not looking hot now either.  

Mac is good at trades and FA pickups.  The Jets Scouting Department and Drafting Process is not good.  

To be fair Herndon made a couple nice plays today

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's SOJF syndrome. We can win a Super Bowl and the SOJF's would complain that it took too long, or that the win wasn't convincing enough.

We drafted a receiver who isn’t even in the nfl over a good rb and possibly great WR

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

We drafted a receiver who isn’t even in the nfl over a good rb and possibly great WR

The Patriots passed on him twice  at pick 83 and 85. Hunt was drafted at 86. Would you like for me to name all of the teams who also passed on Kareem Hunt? Get over it. Let's stop being a SOJF and be happy that we have Sam Darnold. 

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The Patriots passed on him twice  at pick 83 and 85. Hunt was drafted at 86. Would you like for me to name all of the teams who also passed on Kareem Hunt? Get over it. Let's stop being a SOJF and be happy that we have Sam Darnold. 

The Patriots can afford to pass over him at picks 83 and 85 because of the guy they took with pick 199.

6 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

No other teams had other needs. Jets were specifically looking at RB there. It was verbalized in the room. Ardarius Stwart over Kareem Hunt. They believed that.

Two of the flat out dumbest posts i’ve ever seen here in the space of a couple of replies...Congrats. If you are just trolling, well done

6 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I just don’t get the backwards looking moaning. I’m sure we could have used a QB when we passed on Brady five times. Sometimes you just have to move on. Errors are part of the game. 

I’m sure, somewhere, the SOJF blames Maccagnan for passing on Marino for Kenny O. Not trading up to get LT. For the continued war in Sudan or for when it rains in Manhattan

In 4 years Mac has built this team from the ground up. If you read the posts of some of his biggest detractors, we;'re only an impact pass rusher and a few o-lineman away from title contention. That's getting the job done. And we're not facing any cap issues for the foreseeable future. Has he had of share of pics that busted. Yea. Alot of teams 1st round picks bust. Mac drafted 4 winners in the 1st round. Good job Mac.

14 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

He should really just put names in a bag and select whoever comes out of it.

Ha ha.  The two games I watched yesterday are probably indications of football in the future.  I have come to the conclusion that there are about 4 DBS in the whole league who can actually cover a receiver.  Schoolyard football.  The Chiefs have all these guys who can take it to the house.  Backfield, wideouts, TEs.  Compared to them we are Clydesdales.  You could put any QB with that group and those play designs and they would put up Mahomes' numbers.  Well, maybe not Eli or Case Keenum.....  People love those kinds of games. I hate them.  Why would anybody want to play DB or LB?

9 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

We had a nice win today can we stop with idiotic whining! Mac forgot more about football than you will ever know.

does not mean he is a good drafter.  I f people want to whine let them.  It is the D that concerns me.  Do you think we will stop the Pats from scoring?  That is looking ahead.

12 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'd sooner have Alvin Kamara on a trade up. We picked who we did. Mac's going to have to hit more with the middle round picks. 

I am more concerned with his failure to draft OLs or an edge rusher.  He is a best player available guy.  But does he know the best player.

10 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

He should really just put names in a bag and select whoever comes out of it.

It happens in every walk of life. Some organizations or groups do not hit home runs with every pick or selection.

just look at some of the people that did sign up at Jetnation to post, vs some that didn't and are making good points elsewhere. Only so much you can do.

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I am more concerned with his failure to draft OLs or an edge rusher.  He is a best player available guy.  But does he know the best player.

I'm with you the BPA as limitations.

It does not take into account that some positions have a higher levy like QB, LT, Edge. I'd reach more on them than an ILB, Safety, or DT.

That said he did not pick BPA this year he went QB. There was higher rated players than Sam on the board, but We needed a QB.

Hopefully he's going LT, Edge 1st this year. Sam needs weapons and a better line.

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm with you the BPA as limitations.

It does not take into account that some positions have a higher levy like QB, LT, Edge. I'd reach more on them than an ILB, Safety, or DT.

That said he did not pick BPA this year he went QB. There was higher rated players than Sam on the board, but We needed a QB.

Hopefully he's going LT, Edge 1st this year. Sam needs weapons and a better line.

All good points, but the other side of the coin is reaching for a position and leaving serious talent on the board cause they weren’t the position you were looking for, it’s almost your dammed if you do type thing, basically every GM needs some luck on there side 

10 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Bye no means do I consider myself a draft guru but other than Hack has he over drafted a player. We can argue 2 safety’s ect. But has the value of a player really been over rated in real time not talking hind site.. my problem with Mac is in not placing more value on filling needs with multiple picks when value was apparent.

devin-smith.jpg?w=625&h=352&crop=1

Oh yes, he has.  Devin Smith was bad before the injuries.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Define "over drafted" for me. 

If you're going to say Macc has taken "the consensus player" GTFO.  GM's are supposed to out-think the consensus opinion from time to time.  It's their job to take some risks. 

He took Darron Lee over Paxton Lynch, who most people said should have been the pick. That decision is looking better every week. I'd say that's out-thinking the consensus opinion.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

BTW, Deshaun Watson, everyone's poster child last year for "look what we did instead of, after the fact" is looking very ordinary, and confused.

Prior to Sunday, Watson looked like this since a bad start week 1: 

week 2: 22/32 68% - 310. 2/1, 44 yards rushing. 

week 3: 24/40 60% - 385, 2/1,  36 yards rushign

week 4: 29/42  69% - 375 2/1, 40 and a TD

week 5: 33/44  75% - 375 1/1, 41 yards rushing

So ordinary and confused in those games, eh? 

Sometimes, players have bad games.  The team is on a 3 game win streak mainly because Watson has been on fire.  D won the game yesterday for them and that happens in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sometimes, players have bad games.  The team is on a 3 game win streak mainly because Watson has been on fire.  D won the game yesterday for them and that happens in the NFL.

Did you watch yesterday's game? He looked very ordinary. And the Bills confused him. So that is 2 bad starts out of 6.

I am making no overreaching pronouncements of what he will or won't be. I will allow time to dictate that. 

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I understand where you're at.  GM is not an exact science.  He has made enough good decisions in my mind.  And you're correct... the Giants definitely messed up... and maybe the Browns too.   That was lucky.   But the reason to give Macc credit was pulling the trigger so early.  Can you imagine the price if the Colts still had the #3 pick when Darnold was on the board?  A bidding war ensues...  Sometimes you create your own luck.

The Giants messed up?  I guess you don't watch the Thursday games?  I get we all like Sam and I much prefer a QB to a RB, but that kid is a one man wrecking crew and I don't even like him. 

11 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Bye no means do I consider myself a draft guru but other than Hack has he over drafted a player. We can argue 2 safety’s ect. But has the value of a player really been over rated in real time not talking hind site.. my problem with Mac is in not placing more value on filling needs with multiple picks when value was apparent.

Are you serious?  We are literally talking about how he overdrafted Ardarius Stewart.  Not in hindsight, draft day people were screaming.  I will admit that the consensus on Stewart and Lee was better than I thought, but on draft day (or week now) for both players, my first thought was "what the ****?" 

11 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Can't put the tooth paste back in the tube either.

Fine, but can you stop ******* squeezing it from the top?  The tube is to be squeezed froim the bottom, not strangled around the neck until dead.

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Just one?  You don't like Godwin?

12 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I just don’t get the backwards looking moaning. I’m sure we could have used a QB when we passed on Brady five times. Sometimes you just have to move on. Errors are part of the game. 

Could we?  We just drafted a QB in the first and still had Testicles.   Plus Ray Lucas.  Hell, that team had a punter (Tom Tupa) and S (Scott Frost) with better QB credentials than Hackenberg. 

22 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Hunt would probably won us a game or two.   Everything that was done, and done badly, led us to getting Sam.  No regrets here.

If we were doing things to get Sam, why the **** did we draft Adams?  Sure people think Sam is better than Mahomes and Watson, but we could have traded down and gotten two firsts and more.  Before I hear that teams wouldn't do that, both Houston and KC gave up 2018 firsts for those picks.  Wouldn't it have been easier/better to do that if Darnold was the target?  Meanwhile Maccagnan was so honed in on Darnold that he was looking to move up for Trubisky.

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Did you watch yesterday's game? He looked very ordinary. And the Bills confused him. So that is 2 bad starts out of 6.

I am making no overreaching pronouncements of what he will or won't be. I will allow time to dictate that. 

I got 2 TVs going in my man cave, I had the Jets and RedZone on, so I didnt see the whole game.  Just that he was under constant pressure and didnt have a good game. He was sacked 8 times.  The Texans cant block to save their lives.  He still got them in the endzone.

Jared Goff completed 50% for 200, 0-1...is he ordinary and confused now?

Players have bad games.  It happens.  Doesnt negate the fact they were on fire the 4 weeks prior to yesterday.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I got 2 TVs going in my man cave, I had the Jets and RedZone on, so I didnt see the whole game.  Just that he was under constant pressure and didnt have a good game. He was sacked 8 times.  The Texans cant block to save their lives.  He still got them in the endzone.

Jared Goff completed 50% for 200, 0-1...is he ordinary and confused now?

Players have bad games.  It happens.  Doesnt negate the fact they were on fire the 4 weeks prior to yesterday.

I know that the "Jif evaluation cred" is on the line here, again, all that I ask is that people pump the brakes on "this is who we could have had, because I said so".

Through 6 games , both Darnold and Watson have 9 TDs and 7 Ints. I will not jump up and down on either and booking reservations for Canton. But, Darnold has done it with less time in the league.

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Giants messed up?  I guess you don't watch the Thursday games?  I get we all like Sam and I much prefer a QB to a RB, but that kid is a one man wrecking crew and I don't even like him. 

Are you serious?  We are literally talking about how he overdrafted Ardarius Stewart.  Not in hindsight, draft day people were screaming.  I will admit that the consensus on Stewart and Lee was better than I thought, but on draft day (or week now) for both players, my first thought was "what the ****?" 

Fine, but can you stop ******* squeezing it from the top?  The tube is to be squeezed froim the bottom, not strangled around the neck until dead.

Just one?  You don't like Godwin?

Could we?  We just drafted a QB in the first and still had Testicles.   Plus Ray Lucas.  Hell, that team had a punter (Tom Tupa) and S (Scott Frost) with better QB credentials than Hackenberg. 

If we were doing things to get Sam, why the **** did we draft Adams?  Sure people think Sam is better than Mahomes and Watson, but we could have traded down and gotten two firsts and more.  Before I hear that teams wouldn't do that, both Houston and KC gave up 2018 firsts for those picks.  Wouldn't it have been easier/better to do that if Darnold was the target?  Meanwhile Maccagnan was so honed in on Darnold that he was looking to move up for Trubisky.

I’ve noticed with Mac that in both draft and free agency, he spends too much time exploring “every” option and it hurts him. It’s one thing to do you due diligence but it can also hurt if it interferes with your true moves and intentions which require a certain amount of prep to execute like a draft day trade or targeting a covetted free agency. Just an observation. Case of overthinking on his part. 

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

He took Darron Lee over Paxton Lynch, who most people said should have been the pick. That decision is looking better every week. I'd say that's out-thinking the consensus opinion. 

So he didn't mess up ALL of his first round picks here?  Sweet!

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

Proving how numbers can be deceiving.  He's looked like a completely different player than before, looks lost and not like a winner.  

Archived