JET FANS ARE AMAZING

TMAC

Can we stop criticizing fans who go to the games? Some want to watch the jets regardless, some already Paid for them with psls. Some are bringing family or their kids for a Sunday outing. The couple hundred of you who feel you not going will send some “message” to ownership don’t know much about football revenue or the Johnson family in general 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

YES fans in attendance who paid good money to be there need to vent and show they are pissed. 

Public humiliation all fans going to the game make a sign FIRE MACC AND BOWLES. 

You do know technically they don't allow signs inside the stadium.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

How would I know that? Have you never seen an ankle injury that a player plays on (in the game it happens), and then it swells and gets sore after that game and they miss several weeks?
Happens all the time. THAT is your farce? Yikes.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah, injured athletes never say they feel "great", and then the medical teams pumps the brakes and advises caution. 

The whole walking boot was a ruse too. 

Jets should really just throw caution to the wind and throw out their supposed franchise qb. 

BTW, with that tweet, you blew up your whole premise anyway. He admitted he was "injured"

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Yeah, injured athletes never say they feel "great", and then the medical teams pumps the brakes and advises caution. 

The whole walking boot was a ruse too. 

Jets should really just throw caution to the wind and throw out their supposed franchise qb. 

"Injured"

TV revenue assures all owners profit 

It's highly unlikely that a bunch of no shows will impact Chris if losing to the browns and getting blown out by the bills didn't 

I understand someone not going 

However going to the colts game reminded me that the best part of football is sharing it with people and having a catch not whining about draft picks on the internet 

So if someone wants to share the GameDay experience with another Jets fan that's nothing to take issue with 

Get a life 

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Hard to root for an organization that isnt honest with the fanbase. This Darnold stuff is absurd. No one is buying this injury. You can do this when you;re winning.

Why is it so hard to believe he is legitimately injured? He will be back for the Titans game next week, his foot was getting better this week.  The Jets are smart not to play him till he is 100%. 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Why is it so hard to believe he is legitimately injured? He will be back for the Titans game next week, his foot was getting better this week.  The Jets are smart not to play him till he is 100%. 

Very smart move by the Jets.

7 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Thanks, TMAC, but just to set the record straight once the new stadium deal was done it is not Giant stadium, it is Met Life stadium and I would say equal between the 2 teams since even though the Giants have had some additional SBs compare to the Jets, they really haven't been a better team over the recent past.

It will never be our stadium. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Hard to root for an organization that isnt honest with the fanbase. This Darnold stuff is absurd. No one is buying this injury. You can do this when you;re winning.

I agree this sounds like bullsh*t to me. He isn’t hurt they just don’t want him to die on the field.  While I agree with the move I’d prefer the josh gives us the best chance to win crap.  

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

I agree this sounds like bullsh*t to me. He isn’t hurt they just don’t want him to die on the field.  While I agree with the move I’d prefer the josh gives us the best chance to win crap.  

Dying on the field the first half of the season was ok. Just dying on the field the last 2 games had to be avoided. 

7 hours ago, JiF said:

I just made a tee time for 1pm on the dot. 

Why?  Because I want to enjoy my Sunday.  This last Sunday, I played 18 holes in the morning and surfed for 3 hours in the afternoon.  It was great.

any room for a 4th???   Ill drive the 6 hours to JAX if it means no JETS!!!  I am also playing this Sunday!!!

7 hours ago, JiF said:

I just made a tee time for 1pm on the dot. 

Why?  Because I want to enjoy my Sunday.  This last Sunday, I played 18 holes in the morning and surfed for 3 hours in the afternoon.  It was great.

the one good thing about the jets being bad is being able to enjoy nice fall sunday afternoons.  i used to waste so much time watching them and then needing to decompress for a day or so.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the one good thing about the jets being bad is being able to enjoy nice fall sunday afternoons.  i used to waste so much time watching them and then needing to decompress for a day or so.

Well for me, I only waste the time watching since there’s no need to decompress afterwards. Having the lowest expectation right out of the gate, makes games so much more relaxed, even comical. 

30 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

More power to the people who are able to watch this team butcher the sport. Last year, they sucked, but they at least played hard. Hard to watch what they did against the bills and act like they’re worth my personal time with a regime and ownership group that are running in mud. 

Every Jets fan I’ve talked to the last few weeks is completely apathetic about this team right now, and some of these are hardcore homers. Apathy is, or should be, absolutely terrifying to any owner, especially one whose team just drafted a new QB. Chris Johnson should be in crisis mode right now 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

I’m an analytics man, myself. I rely on concretes. I see a 21 year old QB who is ostensibly supposed to be the leader of the team in the very near future suited up and standing around at practice—but not playing in the games due to an alleged injury that he, himself, says he doesn’t have—and I view this as a huge mistake. I think it emasculates him in front of the team and, if he’s complicit in sitting out, is something that will stick to him. Your quarterback has to play hurt, because he’s always going to be hurt by Week 11. The most benign explanation is that Bowles is a chickensh*t trying to pad his resume with a cheap win on the way out the door and is using Darnold’s foot as an excuse to play McCown. The terminal-doom scenario is that Darnold is being a puss. There really is no good explanation for holding him out and, as usual, the Jets organization’s messaging on it is a disaster. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m an analytics man, myself. I rely on concretes. I see a 21 year old QB who is ostensibly supposed to be the leader of the team in the very near future suited up and standing around at practice—but not playing in the games due to an alleged injury that he, himself, says he doesn’t have—and I view this as a huge mistake. I think it emasculates him in front of the team and, if he’s complicit in sitting out, is something that will stick to him. Your quarterback has to play hurt, because he’s always going to be hurt by Week 11. The most benign explanation is that Bowles is a chickensh*t trying to pad his resume with a cheap win on the way out the door and is using Darnold’s foot as an excuse to play McCown. The terminal-doom scenario is that Darnold is being a puss. There really is no good explanation for holding him out and, as usual, the Jets organization’s messaging on it is a disaster. 

First, Matt said he was not hurt at all. 

Secondly, I do not believe that a "win" is going to pad Bowles' stats at this point. It seems to be beyond that. He is smart enough for that (yes!), and knows the game and the score. 

Third, we all saw McCown play last week. Does anyone really believe that he gives the Jets a better shot at "winning"?

Lastly, for football fans to question the  machismo of a rookie that has sustained regular beatings on a weekly basis, I think is pretty cowardice on those fan's part. If he was in fact a "puss" he would not be saying he feels "great" and would be using excuses to mask his want to not be in there (see Markel Fultz).

Sometimes, it is not the team that disappoints me, but the fans. Not that these fans have had to endure bad eggs, but to question a kid's heart that has had no previous episodes of such actions, is frankly bush league in my book.

When the organization gives you nothing, fans are going to speculate. A vague injury that appears after a 4 interception game, these things get thrown out there. Nothing malicious about it. Bowles was on the record saying he could have been the backup two weeks ago- yet he's still inactive? Why not play Davis Webb then?

Being this buttoned up while going 4-12 after consecutive 5-11 seasons...yeah you lose the benefit of the doubt.

edit, also this was Bowles 3 days after the Miami game:

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When the organization gives you nothing, fans are going to speculate. A vague injury that appears after a 4 interception game, these things get thrown out there. Nothing malicious about it. Bowles was on the record saying he could have been the backup two weeks ago- yet he's still inactive? Why not play Davis Webb then?

Being this buttoned up while going 4-12 after consecutive 5-11 seasons...yeah you lose the benefit of the doubt.

They should have called it a high ankle sprain from Day One and it’d be a non-story. The way they’ve handled this is Keystone Kops level absurd.

17 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

First, Matt said he was not hurt at all. 

Secondly, I do not believe that a "win" is going to pad Bowles' stats at this point. It seems to be beyond that. He is smart enough for that (yes!), and knows the game and the score. 

Third, we all saw McCown play last week. Does anyone really believe that he gives the Jets a better shot at "winning"?

Lastly, for football fans to question the  machismo of a rookie that has sustained regular beatings on a weekly basis, I think is pretty cowardice on those fan's part. If he was in fact a "puss" he would not be saying he feels "great" and would be using excuses to mask his want to not be in there (see Markel Fultz).

Sometimes, it is not the team that disappoints me, but the fans. Not that these fans have had to endure bad eggs, but to question a kid's heart that has had no previous episodes of such actions, is frankly bush league in my book.

Give me the reason Sam Darnold isn’t playing football this weekend.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Give me the reason Sam Darnold isn’t playing football this weekend.

He is injured and not 100%, and the Jets are at least erring on the side of caution.

Just like the multitude of other injuries this club has had-They don't talk about them with the public.

That you label a kid a "puss" just because you do not have all the facts and feel entitled to those facts, when you are not , is a little sad. 

Archived