OFFICIAL JETS VS BILLS GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A story of two rebuilds here, people. The Bills made the playoffs and blew it up anyway. The Jets didn’t even make the playoffs and tried to ride Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown to the Super Bowl. I still think Josh Allen sucks, but that coaching staff is propping him up, whereas Darnold should be good and our coaching staff is turning him into string cheese. 

Need to get behind our QB and the enjoy show today. It’s easy and I’m sure, admittedly, quite enjoyable to be a fan of a winning team ... but we’re resilient and even in the face of a 3-13 season coming off back to back 5-11 seasons...I’m still here and I’m still hoping we see progression. So Jet up or gtfoh!!

Darnold: 17-26, 225 yards and 2 TD’s

I never pick against the Jets, but this feels like a bottom-falls-out type of game. The Bills have some misguided confidence and the Jets are, well, the-strong-safety-wants-to-talk-to-management-about-the-direction-of the-team bad. They know they’re playing for Bowles’ job, but none of them seem to care, and they’re bringing Darnold out of mothballs in 30 degrees Buffalo, which is equivalent to -438 degrees SoCal temps. The amusing thing about this game is that Buffalo is the one game where Darron Lee was pretty useful because he matched up well with Shady McCoy. 

Bills 27

Jets 7

side note: I’m running a 5k this morning in frigid New Haven to raise money for underprivileged kids, for which we are rewarded with free beer, so my drinking starts early today. Assuming I don’t die, the few remainers who haven’t muted me in the game thread may want to consider doing so.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I never pick against the Jets, but this feels like a bottom-falls-out type of game. The Bills have some misguided confidence and the Jets are, well, the-strong-safety-wants-to-talk-to-management-about-the-direction-of the-team bad. They know they’re playing for Bowles’ job, but none of them seem to care, and they’re bringing Darnold out of mothballs in 30 degrees Buffalo, which is equivalent to -438 degrees SoCal temps. The amusing thing about this game is that Buffalo is the one game where Darron Lee was pretty useful because he matched up well with Shady McCoy. 

Bills 27

Jets 7

side note: I’m running a 5k this morning in frigid New Haven to raise money for underprivileged kids, for which we are rewarded with free beer, so my drinking starts early today. Assuming I don’t die, the few remainers who haven’t muted me in the game thread may want to consider doing so.

I’d run for free beer!

https://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-weight-loss/a20792932/the-health-benefits-of-beer-on-running/

all jokes aside, that’s a nice gesture.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'll be leaving soon and get to see this gem in person. If I only knew back in the summer when I bought the tix what I know now.  I guess at least I'll be in the heated red seat section.

Tha Lake Effect Baller has logged on, folks.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

My presence at the game will result in a discernable uptick in Jet effort.  Prepare for your worst nightmare... a win.

I like that sick humblebrag about upgrading to the “red, heated seats.” In the interest of transparency, you should admit that those were provided to the city of Buffalo by FEMA during The Blight of ‘14, ‘15, and ‘16.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Is Darnold actually starting or what

The master coach Todd Bowles is holding it very close to the vest. Bills cannot possibly prepare for 2 QBs. One could be a 7 foot tall preying mantis, the other could be a 300 lb. leatherback turtle with a fantastic arm, both genetically modified by a crack team of scientists. Not sure where Darnold or McCown fit. HOW DO YOU PREPARE? UNPOSSIBLE. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The master coach Todd Bowles is holding it very close to the vest. Bills cannot possibly prepare for 2 QBs. One could be a 7 foot tall preying mantis, the other could be a 300 lb. leatherback turtle with a fantastic arm, both genetically modified by a crack team of scientists. Not sure where Darnold or McCown fit. HOW DO YOU PREPARE? UNPOSSIBLE. 

Imagine thinking that the act of not revealing the starter between McCown and Darnold until game day is some sort of killer chess move. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Imagine thinking that the act of not revealing the starter between McCown and Darnold until game day is some sort of killer chess move. 

It's so hard to prepare for 2 runs up the gut followed by a 3rd and 8 desperation heave every series. 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

It's so hard to prepare for 2 runs up the gut followed by a 3rd and 8 desperation heave every series. 

I’d like to see an EEG of Sean McDermott’s brain when he found out that it was Darnold and not McCown. I’d imagine it was the same amount of fluctuation as when the girl at Dunkin Donuts asks him whether he’d like his bagel toasted or not.

Going to be nice to see Darnold again, my fear is that we will see another ultra conservative run, run, pass , punt offense and they never really let Sam do anything.  At this point let him throw it 40 times, what does it matter?   But the problem is that Bowles could care less about Darnold and his development at this point so we’ll see some 9-6 game and Bowles can feel good about a close loss.  Hate this team. 

Archived