OFFICIAL JETS VS BILLS GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BigO said:

I can’t believe we won this game. Totally outplayed for the most part. Another meaningless win to rank atop the annals of meaningless wins. So Jetsy. 

The better team lost.  Sam won.  He made two outstanding plays late.  I love it.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Am I the only one who forgot how good it feels to win a game? Screw the 3rd pick. Darnold showed b*lls today. That’s why the guys who wanted him to sit the last 4 games were crazy.

couldn't agree more.   Its a happy day

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Had a good game. mind blowing BrettFavre type TD pass and then an insane dime to Robby while leading us on the game winning drive. 

1 idiotic interception earlier tho

Can’t wait to see highlights at least. Still have to drive for a few hours first.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Great second half by Sam. Really good to see. Allen is a talent though. Hard to imagine a kid with that strong an arm won’t get better. You’re right though, it’s going to take time.

I appreciate your honesty.  I had seen Darnolds battle all year long behind a bad OL with Spencer Long handing him curve ball disrupting his timing trying to make play out of nothing along with lack of offensive weapon and bad coaching yet I had seen him showing flash of greatness.  Can't wait for him to work with better talents and coaching staff. 

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

I can’t believe we won this game. Totally outplayed for the most part. Another meaningless win to rank atop the annals of meaningless wins. So Jetsy. 

for some of us, not so meaningless

not only was it an under two minute come back win and a blast to watch, but the first of such for a kid who you hope becomes sufficiently proficient in doing just that because that is what gets you to the big dance 

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I couldn’t watch. Was it a noticeable difference now that Sam was back in the lineup? Are we loving him again?

Sam's first half was questionable (FG's and almost injured again), second half was much better, and his fight for the end zone on his first game winning drive should be great for his future, well worth the draft position 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Had a good game. mind blowing BrettFavre type TD pass and then an insane dime to Robby while leading us on the game winning drive. 

1 idiotic interception earlier tho

ha...yes...and the interception was a Farve-type play too

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

They won the game and Sam led them down the field to get  that win. You can't ask for more than that if you're a Jets Fan. Worry about Draft picks some other time.

Yeah. We screw draft picks up anyways. Kid needed this win. Is what it is. 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sure. Fair point but he’s a rookie abd it’s to be expected. This is why im still happy we chose to start him this year. the only way to learn from the bad decisions you mention is to make them. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes. That's true. That's why I think he was a good pick. Unfortunately only time will tell if he will learn from his bad decisions. I remember hoping Mr. Buttfumble would learn and grow after his rookie season but we all know how that turned out. But fortunately Darnald isn't that clown so there is great potential. 

2 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

I appreciate your honesty.  I had seen Darnolds battle all year long behind a bad OL with Spencer Long handing him curve ball disrupting his timing trying to make play out of nothing along with lack of offensive weapon and bad coaching yet I had seen him showing flash of greatness.  Can't wait for him to work with better talents and coaching staff. 

At the end of the day we’re Jets fans. We can talk all we want about the other rookie QBs, but Sam is our QB. What he showed today was special. To root against him is beyond dumb, I don’t see anyone in here doing that. If we’re ever going to do anything the next few years, we need him to be the guy.

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Believe it or not, his ankle was actually hurt. Hard to believe, I know.

It’s funny how after having impossible conversations with you and @14 in Green and suggesting that we don’t talk to each other, you are both obsessed with me and continue to try and troll me. It’s bizarre. I tried being respectful about it and you 2 are insufferable and the only posters here that I do not respect or like at all. Everyone here is great.

Knock yourselves out and I take it as a compliment. Not sure why you can’t we couldn’t just avoid each other but I guess you are both childish and can’t help yourselves. 

Well Bowles was right about one thing before the season. Sam actually did win the starting Qb position. I didn't actually know if I believed that or thought it was just coach's BS. He's been much better than McCown and gives us a better chance to win despite rookie mistakes. Also this game kind of proves the previous Bills game was kind of an aberration. The team that day wasn't ready to play. It happens in football it happened against us vs the Bills a few years back on week 17 when we blew it for the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Dude, I do not want to converse with you anymore. That was not the point at all. You don’t get it. Please ignore me and my posts. 

Is it me, or do we have a whiney captain? Everyone in here is happy with Sam leading us to a win, and you pop in here with this crap? Get over yourself and the petty BS.

7 minutes ago, BigO said:

Breaking News!!!

Todd Bowles rewarded with 5 year contract extension. 

That is the only issue I was worried about with a Jet win. I was so happy to see Sam win and play well, I just hope it doesn't give the Johnson's a reason to keep this buffoon of a coach.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Oh ok. You do know there is an ignore feature, correct? I am sorry your feelings are hurt. My apologies

Why use the ignore feature? Why not just act like an adult? You didn’t get my point and we had a frustrating conversation. I moved past it but you and @14 in Green ,who is still obviously upset that I asked him to respectfully avoid me as well, seem to only want confrontation. I will never like or respect either one of you after horrible conversations and both or your inabilities to see another side of an argument.

So why not just ignore me? I’m not talking about you or going out of my way to troll you guys with buttfumbles and stuff. Are you really that upset that I respectfully asked to cease conversing? Do whatever you want but it’s odd and I guess I expected too much from the both of you. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well Bowles was right about one thing before the season. Sam actually did win the starting Qb position. I didn't actually know if I believed that or thought it was just coach's BS. He's been much better than McCown and gives us a better chance to win despite rookie mistakes. Also this game kind of proves the previous Bills game was kind of an aberration. The team that day wasn't ready to play. It happens in football it happened against the Bills a few years back on week 17 when we blew it for the playoffs. 

Yes It does happen. NFL teams do have their off days but with Bowles at the helm, it seems like  it happens way too many times. He needs to go. 

Archived