Enunwa Extended

southtown24th

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Herndon,Leggett and hopefully Sterling is a good group. 

There are a couple good, young TEs that will be available in free agency that would be major upgrades over Leggett and Sterling. I'd love for the Jets to be able to run 2-TE sets where both TEs are dangerous receivers. If it's any consolation, it's Tomlinson that I'd be cutting first. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

This analysis doesn't hold up at all. The first and most obvious reason being that player A is not in the final week of his final season under contract - player B is!

Let PLAYER B hit the market and use that money on a healthier more productive option in free agency. Get PLAYER A extended long term now. He's going to put up much better stats next season and that's when the price goes up. 

Let PLAYER B hit the market and use that money on a healthier more productive option in free agency. Get PLAYER A extended long term now. He's going to put up much better stats next season and that's when the price goes up. 
Who is the healthier more productive player? Free agent market is garbage this year two of our guys were top 5 wide receivers in it. Draft prospects are underwhelming there is no clear cut top talent at the position certainly none worth taking where we will draft. Only other option is trade for one and that is making the bold assumption that a team like Tampa bay would let a talent like Mike Evans walk out the door (spoiler alert-they will not) when you are building a team you have to resign your young and talented players, time will tell if this contract is good but without hindsight this is the right decision.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

48 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

And when player A gets arrested again this summer after he gets his extension? Cause God knows he's been the model of intelligence BEFORE he got paid... 

24 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

His stats are what he has done which is nothing. 

If youre into fooling yourself into believing almost 900 yards is nothing and on his way to 1000 this year is nothing youre so right.  

Point is youre not and are trolling.  Bye

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The point really is why would a player, coming off a year where he didnt play and out of only 3 seasons on the roster played in only 2?  I dont get the idea that the player and his agent are dumb enough and dont have enough confidence in their talent to wait until they reach their walk year and maximize their demands.  Why on earth would an Enunwa ever agree to a minimum type extension after only putting up 2 years of tape? 

It all sounds good but how often do guys with more potential than numbers sign low ball contract extensions 2-3 years into their rookie deals.  Bet its hardly ever

Because he had a pretty serious neck injury? Now we know he made a comeback, but back then the team had leverage to get him for possibly cheaper than waiting until his walk year when for the player there was no certainty that he could play at a high level again let alone maximizing his earning potential. He might not have accepted, but the reports are that we first approached him about this in October. 

As a fan I like Enunwa and hope he stays healthy, but the team is just so dopey with everything they do. They just make every move in a vacuum and don’t seem to have a coherent plan. 

14 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Because he had a pretty serious neck injury? Now we know he made a comeback, but back then the team had leverage to get him for possibly cheaper than waiting until his walk year when for the player there was no certainty that he could play at a high level again let alone maximizing his earning potential. He might not have accepted, but the reports are that we first approached him about this in October. 

As a fan I like Enunwa and hope he stays healthy, but the team is just so dopey with everything they do. They just make every move in a vacuum and don’t seem to have a coherent plan. 

A neck injury that was due to a bulging disk, which was corrected.  Now why on Earth would he have sign then?  He was under contract and rehabbing.  They had no leverage.  He was getting paid and had to trust that if he healed he's get more money.  I dont get the idea that he would agree to a minimum type deal at that time, or about what he was already making.  That's all. 

As far as being dopey, 4 years of being way under the cap doesn't sound dopey.  Coming off of 90 Mil a year ago & going into this offseason with 116 isn't dopey.  I know we like to say it but...

16 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be, but at his size, (former) timed 4.4 speed, long arms, and brute strength, he really ought to be able to play anywhere. Half the CBs are 5'11" tall and any time he's 1-on-1 that should automatically make him open.

I get it's not all about that, but physically he shouldn't be limited to playing the slot. I don't know that the slot % is what's necessarily responsible for his production. Could be correlation more than causation, as there are also multiple other factors at play.

I think it’s just a matter of where he’s most comfortable, I think with Q it’s just that his toughness and size just make him a matchup nightmare in that role where he can pick on puny slot corners (buster skrine) and slow LB’s kind of like a hines ward or post 2013 larry fitzgerald when arians moved him into the slot. plus he’s kind of built like an RB/TE so he can be lined up in slot, split end or h-back in spread looks. of course I’m just speculating here but if he’s been playing out of position because of kearse and not complaining about it, it would explain why the jets were so quick to reward him for being unselfish and a team player, especially for a guy in his contract year

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Really want to celebrate a Jets draft pick getting a second contract from the Jets

but they just put him on IR after signing the contract, really?

He wasn't going to play so putting him on IR was a way to get another body on the 53.  

7 hours ago, cant wait said:

I think it’s just a matter of where he’s most comfortable, I think with Q it’s just that his toughness and size just make him a matchup nightmare in that role where he can pick on puny slot corners (buster skrine) and slow LB’s kind of like a hines ward or post 2013 larry fitzgerald when arians moved him into the slot. plus he’s kind of built like an RB/TE so he can be lined up in slot, split end or h-back in spread looks. of course I’m just speculating here but if he’s been playing out of position because of kearse and not complaining about it, it would explain why the jets were so quick to reward him for being unselfish and a team player, especially for a guy in his contract year

The reason why the Jets play him in the slot has nothing to do with his preference.  Chan Gailey came up with the idea because is if the D covers him with a slot corner, they will run the ball because there's no CB in the league who he can't block.  If they put a LB on him, well, there's no LB in the league who can cover him in the passing game.  

He is the definition of a match up nightmare.  I'm not sure the current coaching staff actually realizes that, though.  Imagine this guy on the Patriots.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:17 PM, 56mehl56 said:

Amazing , the Jets extend a very good WR and the rhetoric is negativity. If they let him walk , it would be well I guess they don't want to give Sam any weapons.

This fan base is psycho.

Q 2018: 448 yards/1 td

Q 4 year career: 1621 yards/ 5td

Explain how this is worth potentially 37 million dollars.  I'm open to discussion.

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Q 2018: 448 yards/1 td

Q 4 year career: 1621 yards/ 5td

Explain how this is worth potentially 37 million dollars.  I'm open to discussion.

Have you looked around the league at what the going price is for wr's . My guess is you have your Jets glasses on nnly. 

Archived