no good head coach will come here

kmnj

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nah dude. We see your game. You’re on some solo troll quest to be the guy who does Dunkin runs for a GM who has 24 wins in 4 years. But keep doin’ you. 

Nah dude.  I was just the guy telling you all year that Macc wasn't getting fired.  But if you'd rather whine, cry, yell, scream, kick, whine, bitch, blame, then you keep doin' you.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Pac said:

Nah dude.  I was just the guy telling you all year that Macc wasn't getting fired.  But if you'd rather whine, cry, yell, scream, kick, whine, bitch, blame, then you keep doin' you.

I want the Jets to be successful. You obviously don’t. Therefore, you’re trolling. Enjoy a prosperous New Year under your bridge. 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Darnold was an easy, obvious pick.  Herndon may be Mac’s first actual good pick.

We easily could have been staring at Allen/Rosen at 3, also.  If Macc wanted to be sure, he needed to go to 1.  So, it is luck that we don’t have one of those two guys.  Don’t buy that, ask yourself, if you’re the Giants GM, who do you take at 2?  Every Giants fan I know says the same thing... Sam Darnold. 

Yep.  And before any of that happened, Macc offered Kirk Cousins 90 million dollars. 

This idea that Macc knew what he was doing all along in regards to the QB position is severely flawed.  But yeah, sure, I guess we should be giving the same dude that drafted Christian Hackenberg in the 2nd the benefit of the doubt, eh?

Sam Darnold is our QB because of a trade put together by Heimerdinger and a whole helluva lot of luck. 

And meanwhile, we suck at 17 or 18 of the other 20 positions on the field. 

4 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Any potential coach worth a grain of salt, will evaluate the entire situation before accepting a job. That’s common sense. There are only 32 nfl head coaching jobs. Why would a coach not want to take this job?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Todd bowles wanted the job.. How could he turn it down?  Look what happened.  There are people saying he would still be considered for a head coach job.... That they think highly of him.. They just feel he got a raw deal with the arranged marriage.   People hear these things and know it is not a good situation.  If you are being hired, you should come in with someone you trust to get you players you want.  Mac does not do that... he is a poser.

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Reality is we have Darnold.  Reality is that is because of Gettleman, not Maccagnan.

The reality is we would not have Saquan if Gettlemen took Darnold.  Thats how bad Mac is...  We would not have Lamar either because he would have not traded up.  We have Darnold because he was the consensus #1 pick and fell to #3.  Mac is good at layups like Jamal Adams.  But give him a thought and he will draft another Hackenberg.

13 hours ago, TeddEY said:

He’s been a talent evaluator for a very long time - explain to me what the change he makes is... Suddenly, he learned what good players look like, and he’s going to start taking them, instead of guys who can’t even hang around the league?

I couldn’t wrap my head around that part either. 

He’s been a college and pro scout since 1994. Then after a quarter century the light will suddenly go on right now for no particular reason?

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'll admit I actually wanted Allen so yes I would have been ok with him, I wasn't crazy about Rosen though. My fear with Sam and with Rosen was playing in the NOrtheastweather being Cali QB's . Its why I liked Allen he was built for this environment.  Would I swap now probably not but Allen has played pretty well for the Bills this season. 

I said all along all 4 will be really good and still think that. 2018 is the next 1983 type QB draft that will shape the NFL for years to come. Allen looked really good today. It's weird I wouldnt really say he is a "running" QB but he is deadly at running with the ball. His running will remain hard to defend whereas Lamar Jackson WILL be figured out. That might not happen before the SB though. Look at Kapernick.

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

That sure seems like what he did with Darnold and Herndon.

People can say Darnold fell into Macc’s lap all they want, but he still showed the balls to trade up to #3 to even make it a remote possibility. If we simply stayed at #6, we’d be staring down the double barreled, sh*t machine gun of Allen/Rosen for the foreseeable future.

The guy is far from a great GM, but he sure as hell isn’t some Matt Millen level disaster like so many make him out to be. Which I’m convinced it mostly based on the Hackenberg whiff.

I still would’ve preferred moving on, but it is what it is. You can either sit around bitching about it all the live long day, or accept it, move on and hope for the best.

I choose the latter

Moving up to #3 did not take balls.

It would have taken balls to stay at #6 with the Bills looking to leapfrog us, to create 4 very possible QB landing spots ahead of us. 

He was a GM with a single mandate for this offseason, and had just whiffed on offering Cousins a fully guaranteed $90MM contract. There was nothing ballsy about moving up to make sure he wouldn’t get fired before round 2 began. 

Self-preservation is not ballsy.

If there were only 2 QBs he found acceptable - Darnold and Mayfield - then moving up to #3 took balls. Either that or it means he can’t count to 2. 

1 hour ago, TRUE GREEN said:

Todd bowles wanted the job.. How could he turn it down?  Look what happened.  There are people saying he would still be considered for a head coach job.... That they think highly of him.. They just feel he got a raw deal with the arranged marriage.   People hear these things and know it is not a good situation.  If you are being hired, you should come in with someone you trust to get you players you want.  Mac does not do that... he is a poser.

No one got a raw deal with an arranged marriage.  Total nonsense, no way anyone thinks Bowles failure wasnt on Bowles.  

If he was a better coach we won those close games and it's a different season. At least one of the fin games, the Bills at home, Houston, GB, all winnable games.  

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly.

Promising franchise QB, #3 overall Draft pick, $100M in Cap space, Tom Brady heading into his final season or two with no other team ready to ascend in the AFC East......this job is very, very appealing to anyone who knows what the f**k he's doing.

Just as long as Johnsons say “ you as HC are in charge, you as HC can fire the gm if he does not follow your orders” That would be highly illregular, but then again that is normal jets SOP?‍♂️?

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No one got a raw deal with an arranged marriage.  Total nonsense, no way anyone thinks Bowles failure wasnt on Bowles.  

If he was a better coach we won those close games and it's a different season. At least one of the fin games, the Bills at home, Houston, GB, all winnable games.  

Agreed. Bowles failed of his own accord. The tragedy is that Mac is a failure too. The Jets put a lot of resources into locating and hiring a coach and gm and ended up with 2 guys who are terrible at their jobs.

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It's not the extra layer that matters for the jets. It's removing the Johnsons from football decisions and having somebody in place to "manage" them.

Right so you want to fire the GM and give them all control over who comes here , think about what your asking for. 

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

This is a highly coveted job b/c of Sam and people in football realize we have more talent than what it appeared thanks to brutal coaching from the last staff.

Which players on this team would other teams trade a first round pick for? Darnold. That’s it. That’s not a lot of talent. This roster is pathetic and they don’t have the people in place to turn it around. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Which players on this team would other teams trade a first round pick for? Darnold. That’s it. That’s not a lot of talent. This roster is pathetic and they don’t have the people in place to turn it around. 

Yeah but the safeties

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You can say that about a lot of teams.  Who on the Bills , who on the Cards(Johnson), who on the Giants ( OBJ,Barkley) who on the Niners, how about the Bengals(Mixon/Green) . You can make that case for most teams with losing records pretty much . And we got the most important position QB to start with. 

12 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Teams rarely trade 1st rd picks, what teams would trade a 1st rd pick for any of the Pats players? any of the eagles players? 

the roster is much better than people realize but there's still a lot of work to do

10 hours ago, kmnj said:

nobody will want to come work for a guy that built one of the worst rosters in football and a lame duck gm

typical jets only getting it half right which means getting it all wrong

I am done with the Jets-paid psls going up for sale and if they dont sell I am walking way from them

Typical “woe is me” fan. The Jets, thanks to Sam Darnold, $100M in cap space and the third pick in the draft could be the most attractive job. 

53 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It's not the extra layer that matters for the jets. It's removing the Johnsons from football decisions and having somebody in place to "manage" them.

Chris Johnson has done nothing to warrant the idea he needs to be removed from anything.   He's impressing people and doesn't seem to meddle.  

And Woody isn't making any decisions.  It should be obvious by now.  

55 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Agreed. Bowles failed of his own accord. The tragedy is that Mac is a failure too. The Jets put a lot of resources into locating and hiring a coach and gm and ended up with 2 guys who are terrible at their jobs.

Woody tried.  He recognized he didn't know enough and hired two week respected, SB winning GMs, HOF types to help with the hires.  No one complained back then.  That the HC didn't work and the GM is under fire and needs to take a step up sucks at this point, agree.  

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Woody tried.  He recognized he didn't know enough and hired two week respected, SB winning GMs, HOF types to help with the hires.  No one complained back then.  That the HC didn't work and the GM is under fire and needs to take a step up sucks at this point, agree.  

You do have to give Woody credit for realizing his shortcomings and TRYING to get the right people here by leaning on consultants. It blew up with Idzik and now Mac and Bowles so I can’t blame him for losing faith in that route.

What he really needs to do is hire a VP of football ops that can transcend both coach and GM. This will help maintain the big picture approach and not allow for wreckless moves when the GM is on the hot seat. It would also be someone that cares about the hires long term and not be a one and done consultant that just picks names out of a hat, cashes in and leaves. 

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly.

Promising franchise QB, #3 overall Draft pick, $100M in Cap space, Tom Brady heading into his final season or two with no other team ready to ascend in the AFC East......this job is very, very appealing to anyone who knows what the f**k he's doing.

Unfortunately, idiots will want it too...?

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You do have to give Woody credit for realizing his shortcomings and TRYING to get the right people here by leaning on consultants. It blew up with Idzik and now Mac and Bowles so I can’t blame him for losing faith in that route.

What he really needs to do is hire a VP of football ops that can transcend both coach and GM. This will help maintain the big picture approach and not allow for wreckless moves when the GM is on the hot seat. It would also be someone that cares about the hires long term and not be a one and done consultant that just picks names out of a hat, cashes in and leaves. 

Goes to show you that hiring a HC isn't a science.  The hottest most sought after assistants were Bowles and Quinn.  Only difference between them is Quinn started with ateam loaded with talent and a FQB.  But he sucks too.  

I have no problem with the VP of football ops but really don't see what good it does. A few teams have one.  Coughlin took over a team loaded and young and they've become a laughingstock under his "leadership".  They're a total mess.  The do,pains didn't get any better when Parcells filled that role.  It just doesn't seem to do the good that it sounds like it should do.  Seems to me that if the GM makes all the moves the VP is pointless and if the GM needs to have someone else make the moves the GM should just be replaced by the VP.  

Archived