Today's the day.. Mike McCarthy

SheaRay

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, section314 said:

I would tend to agree with this. At least in normal situations. But, we are talking Jets here......

nah. just normal corporate wooing. take him out to a nice place. talk about the great things the greater NY area has to offer, that you got an woner sittin on a fat wallet and a young could be FQB with dozen games experoience now whose only 21....  

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

I see Mccarthy coming in here and clashing with the FO and Johnsons. I see Mccarthy wanting things his way and our dumbass FO doing the other causing tension through the ranks.  He's established and has accolades to back him up I just don't see his personality and the Jets way of running an organization meshing well. I could see him and Dorsey doing very well together in Cleveland

Right. The best thing would be for some wet behind the ears rookie coach to come in and let our dumbass FO do whatever they want.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He made a good point.  

So McCarthy's apparent initial lack of success as an assistant followed by a very successful HC career translates into future success for every unsuccessful assistant?   Okey dokey.

23 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Right. The best thing would be for some wet behind the ears rookie coach to come in and let our dumbass FO do whatever they want.

I'm hesitant to hire a guy who's entire coaching career is with 1 team who went from Favre to Rodgers and only won 1 superbowl 9 years ago. I'm not saying its a terrible hire but I don't want other candidates who may be better for the organization to get overlooked by a guy with a great statline who's had the luxury of going from franchise QB to franchise QB. I also worry about his chemistry with the organization here

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I'm hesitant to hire a guy who's entire coaching career is with 1 team who went from Favre to Rodgers and only won 1 superbowl 9 years ago. I'm not saying its a terrible hire but I don't want other candidates who may be better for the organization to get overlooked by a guy with a great statline who's had the luxury of going from franchise QB to franchise QB. I also worry about his chemistry with the organization here

bill belichick did pretty crappy as a HC until he lucked into the GOAT 

7 minutes ago, SR24 said:

The thing is, even as antiquated as McCarthy might be, he has seen success at the highest (or 2nd highest--depending on your perspective) position of football for the better part of a decade. He's proven that. None of these other candidates have. Sure, they could be the next best thing, but they haven't proved squat yet. It's all based on hope and conjecture. Just as you don't want these other candidates to be overlooked for their lack of experience, I don't think McCarthy should be overlooked for his lack of being "the sexy new thing".

I say, consider them all, and hope that the one hired is the right choice.

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

we ******* get it. you dont like mccarthy. is it really necessary to post the same effing thing hundreds of times? ffs, m8

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

The thing is, even as antiquated as McCarthy might be, he has seen success at the highest (or 2nd highest--depending on your perspective) position of football for the better part of a decade. He's proven that. None of these other candidates have. Sure, they could be the next best thing, but they haven't proved squat yet. It's all based on hope and conjecture. Just as you don't want these other candidates to be overlooked for their lack of experience, I don't think McCarthy should be overlooked for his lack of being "the sexy new thing".

I say, consider them all, and hope that the one hired is the right choice.

I agree completely. Interview them all and then make the best choice for the franchise 

Just now, Losmeister said:

we ******* get it. you dont like mccarthy. is it really necessary to post the same effing thing hundreds of times? ffs, m8

I know this is a hard time in your life, but I think you can get through this 

52 minutes ago, Larz said:

Interesting tidbit 

Kevin Greene was on Mccarthys super bowl winning staff 

Little connections like this add up..... 

Yup. And Greene wasn't fired from Green Bay. He left to spend time with his kids before they grew up. 

19 minutes ago, SR24 said:

To franchise QB...

Seriously, that tells me he knows how to coach a franchise QB...which is nothing to sneeze at

Last time the Jets had a franchise QB, they had a  coach with similar background  to McCarthy and he did pretty good (Weeb Ewbank)

27 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

So McCarthy's apparent initial lack of success as an assistant followed by a very successful HC career translates into future success for every unsuccessful assistant?   Okey dokey.

th epoint is that there are exceptions...

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Monken or Kingsbury. An unproven commodity who may or may not have a higher ceiling.

I’m not against McCarthy. I think its a good hire. I do have concerns about him though, just like I do with any canidate.

A higher ceiling than 9 playoff years in 13, 9 top-10 Offenses, a Super Bowl win and a .618 lifetime win record?

So what do you think Kingsbery, who has never coached at all at the NFL or Elite Div. 1 NCAA level, is?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

A higher ceiling than 9 playoff years in 13, 9 top-10 Offenses, a Super Bowl win and a .618 lifetime win record?

So what do you think Kingsbery, who has never coached at all at the NFL or Elite Div. 1 NCAA level, is?

Mike McCarthy is the guy you take home to meet your parents, and Kingsburry is the guy you sneak out at 2am to meet on Make-out Mountain.

42 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Only 31 coaches have won a super bowl, 13 of them had multiple. That leaves 18 other coaches that have won, and he's one of them

Outside of a few exceptions, most of those 18 had franchise Qbs, and only won 1 SB. 

I don't know if the "only 1 SB win" argument is the one to keep bringing up

Archived