The Adam Gase Positivity Thread

Grandy

What's done is done.  
The issue is NOT the choice (although it's an issue).
The issue is the PROCESS.
The process that this franchise takes and conducts every time a major decision is to be made is amateur, childish, misinformed and incompetent.
And it happens over and over and over and over and over again.
The process will continue to be broken with this ownership.
Disaster.
The process of telling Ruhle he had to hire certain assistant's and go on to their second choice or wanting Kingsbury initially without doing their homework and letting him walk is not prepared.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

The process of telling Ruhle he had to hire certain assistant's and go on to their second choice or wanting Kingsbury initially without doing their homework and letting him walk is not prepared.

And the McCarthy situation.

And the "big game hunting" situation.

And Rhule.

And Kingsbury.

And Maccagnan and how he conducts himself.

The whole thing is amateur.

The negative Nancies have successfully pissed on our cool positivity thread.  They weren't happy in their  negativity thread - just like in real life, miserable people are only happy when then can go over and try to make other people miserable.  They're like little misery vampires.

I don't think any of the HC options were stellar but Gase probably represents the best mix of what the Jets need in a head coach right now, at least to try to get on the right track. He has HC experience, he knows enough people in the NFL to put together a coaching staff, he comes from the offensive side of the ball, he has a track record of getting a lot out of a QB and he knows the division. He wasn't great in Miami but still leaps and bounds better than Bowles. The big question for me is if he can help steer Macc to make better draft picks and build a better vision for the roster--especially if he can push Macc to work heavily on the OL. 

It's January. I'd rather be optimistic now and find something better to do with my time on Sundays in the fall if I'm wrong than whine all year before the guy even has a chance to put work into the team.

And the McCarthy situation.
And the "big game hunting" situation.
And Rhule.
And Kingsbury.
And Maccagnan and how he conducts himself.
The whole thing is amateur.
The big game hunting thing was a falacy from the start. How hard did they go after the Harbaugh's? Maybe a phone call?

Amateur and confusing. Did Mac have that much sway in this whole thing when he sucks?

The negative Nancies have successfully pissed on our cool positivity thread.  They weren't happy in their  negativity thread - just like in real life, miserable people are only happy when then can go over and try to make other people miserable.  They're like little misery vampires.
At least you didn't make a new thread about this cool story..

12 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

The big game hunting thing was a falacy from the start. How hard did they go after the Harbaugh's? Maybe a phone call?

Amateur and confusing. Did Mac have that much sway in this whole thing when he sucks?

Facts.

Maccagnan's involvement adds to the amateurism and how it was him vs. McCarthy in a power struggle.

More childish bullsh*t.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Take it to the negativity thread.

Your negativity seem very inappropriate for this thread. ?

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This article explains it way better than I ever could.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/1/10/18176952/looking-at-adam-gases-history-with-quarterbacks-new-york-jets-head-coach

Here is a tidbit:

A couple more interesting tidbits for you. Gase has four times moved on from the staff of one NFL team to another. Each of the four teams Gase left scored fewer points per game the season after he left them than they did in his final season with them.

Four of the five times Gase was promoted to either quarterbacks coach, offensive coordinator, or head coach, Gase’s team improved its scoring average over their previous season.

So an answer to the serious question I had asked.  It's actually some interesting information.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Positivity thread.

What would be more positive than one of biggest Gase supporters explaining to a doubter why Gase is the perfect man to develop Darnold, and laying out the other great QB's Gase developed?

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This article answers it better than I can. 

I'm not interested in articles, I'm interested in your opinion on why Gase is perfect to develop Darnold.  

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Serious question (as I will refrain from fully expressing my opinion in the positivity thread):  based on what Gase worked with, what has you believing he's well-equipped to develop a QB?

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What is the basis of the “Gase can develop Darnold” claim exactly?

Manning had his best season under Gase and credits him

Cutler has his best year under Gase and credits him

Tannehill had his best year, a 4K plus 2-1 TD to INT year, under Gase.

He contended with Nat Moore and Osweiler.

Its what hes known for.

Thats all I got

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

As Jets fans we wanted a HC who:

1. Had prior NFL HC experience

2. Was from the Offensive side of the ball

3. Was going into his 2nd HC gig

4. Had some kind of history with QBs

5.  Was a disciplinarian.

6.  Wasnt a dead fish like Bowles, shows emotion

After interviews it was whittled down to McCarthy, Gase, Kingsbury & Monken.  Who checks off the most boxes?

Why are some ready to slit their wrists?  Over something based solely on who you like, with any proof who is better for the job

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What would be more positive than one of biggest Gase supporters explaining to a doubter why Gase is the perfect man to develop Darnold, and laying out the other great QB's Gase developed?

I'm not interested in articles, I'm interested in your opinion on why Gase is perfect to develop Darnold.  

Whoa! Whoa! Settle down Beavis. I never said that I was a big Gase supporter, let alone the biggest Gase supporter. Never said that he was the "perfect man" to develop Darnold.

You're not interested in articles, or are you not interested in trying to be positive? I will not give you my opinion on why Gase is perfect to develop Darnold, because I don't know if I believe that he is.

This is a positivity thread. I'm looking at the positives. If I decide to jump into the negativity thread, I'll look into why he wouldn't be a good candidate to coach the Jets and why he wouldn't be a good fit to develop Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Manning had his best season under Gase and credits him

Gase did not develop Manning, Manning was a 16th year Pro at that point, and was buried with supporting talent.

Cutler has his best year under Gase and credits him

Cutler's best year was 2008 under Rick Dennison.  

Gase did not develop Cutler, he was a 10th year Pro in 2015 when he played for Gase.

Tannehill had his best year, a 4K plus 2-1 TD to INT year, under Gase.

Jets Fans have been saying how much Tannehill sucks and sucks and sucks for ages now.  Are we now to place value of "the best year" of a guy our entire fanbase has said "sucks" for years?

He contended with Nat Moore and Osweiler.

Um...ok.

Its what hes known for.

Thats all I got

I'm not trying to argue, honestly.  I'm simply not seeing "develop a QB" in Gase's resume.  He's piggybacked on some good to great QB's late in their careers and helped them have good seasons as part of very overall talented offenses.  But there is no one like Darnold that he, Gase, developed into something great.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Gase did not develop Manning, Manning was a 16th year Pro at that point, and was buried with supporting talent.

Gase did not develop Cutler, he was a 10th year Pro in 2015 when he played for Gase.

Jets Fans have been saying how much Tannehill sucks and sucks and sucks for ages now.  Are we now to place value of "the best year" of a guy our entire fanbase has said "sucks" for years?

Um...ok.

I'm not trying to argue, honestly.  I'm simply not seeing "develop a QB" in Gase's resume.  He's piggybacked on some good to great QB's late in their careers and helped them have good seasons as part of very overall talented offenses.  But there is no one like Darnold that he, Gase, developed into something great.

OK, you got it over the actual QBs and what they had to say.  I never said he developed those QBs, I said they had their best years under his coaching.  We can make believe he didnt, we can make believe he hasnt been viewed as a great offensive coach who benefitted every QB hes been with and that he isnt being viewed as a great fit for Sam today.

And I'm not speaking for what SOME Jets fans have said about Tannehill.  But the fact remains Gase took a QB who accomplished nothing and had him pass for 4200 yards, 24 TDs and 12 INTS.  Im not trying to argue either, I could care less who said what, those are just the facts. 

Is he perfect?  Nope.  Doesnt mean he is a dog who shouldnt have been considered like some have said.  I dont see anyone who was a clear cut better candidate to coach the team

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OK, you got it over the actual QBs and what they had to say.

I don't value what Manning says because Peyton Manning is on record as to how much he hates the New York Jets.

The facts here don't lie, Gase did not develop these QB's not matter what they say.  A 16th year or 10th year O-Co did not "develop" their QB's.

I never said he developed those QBs, I said they had their best years under his coaching.

Which in one case is factually inaccurate, and the other ignores the massive talent surrounding the QB in question.

We can make believe he didnt, we can make believe he hasnt been viewed as a great offensive coach who benefitted every QB hes been with and that he isnt being viewed as a great fit for Sam today.

He might be a great fit for Darnold, Darnold himself certainly seems excited.

Never the less, the resume has no evidence he will be good for Darnold's development because Gase has never, in the entire length of his career to-date, developed a young QB.  He milked old QB's and failed to develop Tannehill.

And I'm not speaking for what SOME Jets fans have said about Tannehill.

That may be, but the fact remains that Tannehill has been consistently and rightfully reviled here, his "best" means very little.  Especially for offenses rated as low as the Gase-led Dolphins offenses were.

But the fact remains Gase took a QB who accomplished nothing and had him pass for 4200 yards, 24 TDs and 12 INTS.  I could care less who said what, those are the facts.

This Coach is responsible for the 23rd, 30th, 28th and 18th ranked Offenses over the past four years.  Who am I?

This Coach is responsible for the 21st, 24th, 25th and 31st ranked Offenses over the past four years.  Who am I?

I would have preferred McCarthy mostly because he would have provided more stability to the organization than any of the candidates.  My second choice was Gase because I think he is the best coach available.  He needs to have learned from the mistakes he made in Miami.  I hope he can because he can coach.  I believe he was hired because he provided a clear vision and plan to improve this team quickly.  It wasn't money, it wasn't Mac pushing for his guy he can control, and it wasn't any of the other silly excuses and scenarios posters make up on this site.  I applaud CJ and Mac for pulling the trigger on a guy they think is the best candidate and not due to fan reaction.

We will know quickly just what players think of playing for Gase during free agency.  I want the guys who want to play for a tough, hard-nosed coach who can make them better.

He was an excellent coordinator and reports from Francesa is that he pushed himself out of the position (he was not fired). He is also selecting his own coordinators. I hope for the best for this young man and this team. I hope he can mature into this role, out of the "self-destructing" tendencies while still keeping his intensity.

20 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

He was an excellent coordinator and reports from Francesa is that he pushed himself out of the position (he was not fired). He is also selecting his own coordinators. I hope for the best for this young man and this team. I hope he can mature into this role, out of the "self-destructing" tendencies while still keeping his intensity.

sports_fbn-dolphins_9_mi-1.jpg

SAR I

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Um...ok.

You dont see or you don’t want to see it?

its not Gases fault that he hasn’t been in a situation where he has to groom a rookie QB- very few coaches have that situation presented to them. The fact is that EVERY QB that has played under Gase has thrived and can’t speak enough good works about him.

52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't value what Manning says because Peyton Manning is on record as to how much he hates the New York Jets.

The facts here don't lie, Gase did not develop these QB's not matter what they say.  A 16th year or 10th year O-Co did not "develop" their QB's.

Which in one case is factually inaccurate, and the other ignores the massive talent surrounding the QB in question.

He might be a great fit for Darnold, Darnold himself certainly seems excited.

Never the less, the resume has no evidence he will be good for Darnold's development because Gase has never, in the entire length of his career to-date, developed a young QB.  He milked old QB's and failed to develop Tannehill.

That may be, but the fact remains that Tannehill has been consistently and rightfully reviled here, his "best" means very little.  Especially for offenses rated as low as the Gase-led Dolphins offenses were.

This Coach is responsible for the 23rd, 30th, 28th and 18th ranked Offenses over the past four years.  Who am I?

This Coach is responsible for the 21st, 24th, 25th and 31st ranked Offenses over the past four years.  Who am I?

The QBs opinions of why they liked Gase means nothing?  Really, that's the answer?  Or wait, Manning, who you imagine hard the Jets, called Chris Johnson to sabotage their HC search? Lol

I'll say it again.  No one knows.  The arguing as of people know anything is stupid.  It's arrogant.  I'm not making the case for him, I am defending that it's as logical as any of them, if not more so.  Who did you want any why?  Who was a better for?  A clearly better for without any questions about his qualifications, commitment etc?  

13 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You dont see or you don’t want to see it?

its not Gases fault that he hasn’t been in a situation where he has to groom a rookie QB- very few coaches have that situation presented to them. The fact is that EVERY QB that has played under Gase has thrived and can’t speak enough good works about him.

It's perfectly fine that he's never developed a QB because "circumstances".

But then we cannot with a strait face say (as some have) that "Gase is the perfect coach to develop Darnold".

I'm not saying Gase can't.  I'm saying there is nothing in his history to suggest he can, yet.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The QBs opinions of why they liked Gase means nothing?

To me?  No, not much tbqh.  Talk is exceedingly cheap.

Or wait, Manning, who you imagine hard the Jets, called Chris Johnson to sabotage their HC search? Lol

I don't image it, and I'm amazed you've forgotten it.  Manning has always hated the Jets.  When did Peyton Manning become some friend of the Organization?  I must have missed it.....

I'll say it again.  No one knows.

100% correct.

The arguing as of people know anything is stupid.  It's arrogant.

We're not arguing, we're discussing and performing analysis and projection.  Theorizing.  Coming to conclusions based on our own knowledge and experience and seeing how those outcomes compare to others doing the same.  It's not like we're all here fistfighting afterall, lol. 

I'm not making the case for him, I am defending that it's as logical as any of them, if not more so.

More logical than some, less than others, IMO.  But as above, we may reach different conclusions based on our individual analysis of the variables.

Who did you want any why?  Who was a better for?  A clearly better for without any questions about his qualifications, commitment etc?  

I was strongly in support of hiring McCarthy as the Head Coach and Williams as DC.  I believed (and still do) that McCarthy was "clearly" a better choice.  And Williams THE best choice for DC.

"Clearly" Macc and the Jets Ownership disagrees, lol.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's perfectly fine that he's never developed a QB because "circumstances".

But then we cannot with a strait face say (as some have) that "Gase is the perfect coach to develop Darnold".

I'm not saying Gase can't.  I'm saying there is nothing in his history to suggest he can, yet.

It’s not a stretch to say that he’s a good coach to develop darnold because his QBs have thrived while working with and love working with him.