The Adam Gase Positivity Thread

Grandy

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He wasn’t a disaster in Miami and even made the playoffs one year. 

Smoke and mirrors dude.  They played a last placed schedule.  Do yku know that team was outscored 363-380 on the year.

Just for reference, told bowles went 10-6 his 1st year and outscored his opponents 387-314.  Todd bowles was a much better coach in his non playoff 10-6 season then gase was in his playoff 10-6 season.

Is todd bowles a good coach????

As fans, we need to look deeper into things then just regurated nonsense like,”Gase made the playoffs so he must be good”.  The dolphins were not good that year.  It was smoke and mirrors.

17 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He wasn’t a disaster in Miami and even made the playoffs one year. 

Wtf are you smoking Gase is making what was a promising Sam Darnold look like David Carr with a touch of Jamarcus Russell. Making Le’Veon Bell look like Elijah McGuire. The guy can’t scheme anything and appears lost and worst off our players are done, they are making New Years Eve plans already. 

******* Laughing stock of the NFL. 

Have some pride and want to be great for once in your life for ****s sake. Gase needs to be sh*t-canned tonight and we need to move on and accept the fact that we are staring from scratch. 

I’m not trying to be the Gase defender. But I give him more than 7 games. Look the Nats were 17-31 and they didn’t fire Dave Martinez even after a disappointing 2018. We’re not winning the SB or anything close. The ownership hired them not me. If the team finishes like this and the hole gets deeper and Gase can’t climb out of this you’ve got a case. 

• Haha 1

Whether or not it’s fair to fire anyone after 8 games, the longer they keep him, the worse Darnold becomes.  His INTs are absolutely mind numbing and he is regressing so noticeably that if Gase stays next season then Darnold is finished.  We will be looking for a new HC and QB.

Firing Gase tomorrow gives the Jets another 8 weeks to find the right guy.  And for those of you thinking that they don’t want to have to pay 3 coaches and 2 GMs next year.  What’s worse, paying 2/2 and getting beat by double digits every week or paying 3/2 and seeing some kind of progression throughout the season?

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

DOMINATION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL

GOOD JOB ADAM

SAR I

I still question alot of what hes doing.  Multiple times running on 2nd and 10 was brutal.

He lack of creative screens is mind boggling.  On those 2nd and 10s, let the dline rush in and run a little slip screen behind it.

It like we dont have that in the playbook.

We beat 2 really bad teams.  Lets see if gasey can dial them up next week.

The offense looks better.  But gase isnt off the hook yet.  Another good showing next week and we can start having preliminary discussions about an “Extend Gase” plane going up at some point.

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was Gase responsible for today's win?

Absolutely.

Did you see how well-prepared we were?  How well the defense played?  How Sam is progressing?

With back-to-back wins, Adam Gase proved he is a good young NFL head coach with a bright future.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You can hate Gase with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns, but you have to admit it’s pretty impressive how he’s held this team together this season. They’ve had every excuse to quit and here they are fighting hard. Impressive for any coach 

Exactly right.  Games like this are how we prove the mettle of an NFL head coach.  They've thrown everything at Coach Gase from initial doubt to other candidates to rumors of dysfunction to airplane banners.  And imagine what our key players are going through facing injuries, possible career-ending situations, trade rumors, illnesses, and yet through it all they stick together as a team and win games.

I can't think of a single moment since 2010 that I have been this proud and this optimistic about our head coach. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Injuries only impact performance when those injuries are on other teams, SAR

Careful.  SOJF Victim Nation won't be sleeping well tonight as it is, what with two weeks of success ruining their joyous fantasies of a 2-14 season.  Be gentle on them.  Tell them it'll be alright, that the Jets will suck for the rest of their miserable lives.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Careful.  SOJF Victim Nation won't be sleeping well tonight as it is, what with two weeks of success ruining their joyous fantasies of a 2-14 season.  Be gentle on them.  Tell them it'll be alright, that the Jets will suck for the rest of their miserable lives.

SAR I

I’ve already prepped for this week’s “We would have won by more if Mike McCarthy was the coach” posts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He still stinks, we just beat a team who is more dreadful than the jets.  3-7 and beating a stinky washington team with no head coach and a lousy rookie Qb in over his head is not huge accomplishment.

Winning the game?  Great!  We are still 3-7

And IIRC, the team didn't quit on Bowles and he wasn't exactly a great HC either.  We beat the 2 win Giants and the 1 win Redskins.  The bar has been set pretty low around here.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

At a bare minimum, we should win 5 games (we should beat the Bengals and Dolphins).  Anything less than that is a complete and utter embarrassment.  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

At a bare minimum, we should win 5 games (we should beat the Bengals and Dolphins).  Anything less than that is a complete and utter embarrassment.  

Its not about this right now.  The team has won 2 games in a row and has a good but very beatable raiders team coming in this week.

Gase is here next year.  We have to put away the pitchforks and get behind him.

We sparked this turnaround w/ the plane incident.  We must now reap the benefits and enjoy the ride.

I have the jets beating the raiders next week.  Im going out on a limb and saying we beat them handily.

Jets 27

Raisers 14

• WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He still stinks, we just beat a team who is more dreadful than the jets.  3-7 and beating a stinky washington team with no head coach and a lousy rookie Qb in over his head is not huge accomplishment.

Winning the game?  Great!  We are still 3-7

*** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT ***

You can't say two weeks ago "Injuries aren't an excuse!" and then this week say "We beat a bum team!"

NEXT MAN UP

Remember?  Works both ways.  Don't do it again.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The drama in this forum is hilarious. 

If Darnold finishes the year off playing great and we stumble against a bad team I could care less if you are embarrassed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And IIRC, the team didn't quit on Bowles and he wasn't exactly a great HC either.  We beat the 2 win Giants and the 1 win Redskins.  The bar has been set pretty low around here.

*** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT ***

SAR:  "The Jets are weak right now, terribly injured, more injuries than any season in our history especially to key players and whole squads of key positions."

TT2:  "No excuses!  Next Man Up!  NFL teams should be better than this!  Fire Adam Gase!"

SAR:  "Impressive job by Coach Gase and the Jets to get back to back wins like this."

TT2:  "No way!  Are you crazy?  They beat weak teams that were terribly injured!"

Works both ways.  Don't do it again.

SAR I

• Upvote 2