The Adam Gase Positivity Thread

Grandy

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

You're totally right. There's zero correlation between the success of a head coach and the talent he has at quarterback. Frankly, I don't even understand why we cared so much about drafting one all these years. 

Explain to me what having the slowest run offense in the league has to do with Tannehill? Explain to me what having the 24th tank run O has to do with Tannehill? Explain to me how you lose 42-14 to the Bills or 27-17 to the Bengals? This is basically Todd Bowles.

you can take your excuses and shove them.

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Here comes the FUKKING EXCUSES

Being fair, there were a ton of excuses for Kliff, Rhule, McCarthy, etc.

Everyone liked their list and hated others.  It's the nature of selective bias.

I had Rhule as my HC1, but when Gase was fired, I also went against the grain and said that I would not be opposed to him.  I'm not gonna flip-flop now.  I've been a fan of Gase, strictly from a X's and O's standpoint, for a very long time.  At the very worst, I still think he's excellent for developing Sam.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Explain to me what having the slowest run offense in the league has to do with Tannehill? Explain to me what having the 24th tank run O has to do with Tannehill? Explain to me how you lose 42-14 to the Bills or 27-17 to the Bengals? This is basically Todd Bowles.

Image result for your tears of unfathomable sadness are delicious

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why did Mike McCarthy lose to the Arizona Cardinals, Redskins, and Lions?

Step back from the ledge my man.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Larz said:

Offensive head coaches are all the rage in the NFL, but for the Jets, it’s long overdue. Gase is the first head coach the Jets have hired from the offensive side of the ball since Rich Kotite in 1995, and, as ESPN’s Adam Schefter pointed out, he is the first Jets head coach who has previous NFL head coaching experience since Bill Parcells. 

This Reminds me of Rich Kotite in 1995 1 playoff appearance and then the collapse Im getting flashbacks this is like we warped back to 1995 all over again but instead of losing carroll its like Hess skipping Parcells to hire Kotite.

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Connor Hughes

Gase had a tremendous interview with the #Jets. He hit it off with Sam Darnold right off the bat. He made them believe he can develop not just a quarterback, but a young team.

They believe in him.

Is it the right move?

Time will tell.

All I care about right here.

Good.

• Upvote 4

Just now, prime21 said:

Walterfootball.com

Jets hire HC Adam Gase: A+ Grade
This is the best hire of this offseason. Adam Gase, once called the "next Bill Belichick" by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, coached two of three seasons in Miami with his starting quarterback healthy. In those two seasons, Gase took the Dolphins took the playoffs once and had them in postseason contention in the other before Ryan Tannehill got banged up during a victory against the Patriots and was never the same after that. Tannehill, by the way, was one of the worst starters at his position in the NFL. It was quite amazing and impressive that Gase was able to keep the Dolphins in contention despite not having a viable quarterback.

This won't be a problem with the Jets. Gase will be able to coach Sam Darnold. This seems like a great fit. Gase has coached up bad quarterbacks to play well, and average quarterbacks to perform on a somewhat high level.

Gase will be able to help Darnold take the next step. This is a fantastic hire, fully worthy of an A+
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php#ZEGPmsC1mbDvYoJ4.99

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Uh oh

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

No positivity at all. This whole search seemed like a total cluster from the start. It seemed like half the building wanted Rhule while the other half wanted McCarthy and they settled on Gase.

Gase doesn’t have the requsite interpersonal skills to be a head coach at any level, but he is a good QB coach. Hopefully he can develop Darnold for the next coach and GM.

Maybe he can do an internship with Belichick for the interpersonal skills

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Walterfootball.com

This is the best hire of this offseason. Adam Gase, once called the "next Bill Belichick" by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, coached two of three seasons in Miami with his starting quarterback healthy. In those two seasons, Gase took the Dolphins took the playoffs once and had them in postseason contention in the other before Ryan Tannehill got banged up during a victory against the Patriots and was never the same after that. Tannehill, by the way, was one of the worst starters at his position in the NFL. It was quite amazing and impressive that Gase was able to keep the Dolphins in contention despite not having a viable quarterback.

This won't be a problem with the Jets. Gase will be able to coach Sam Darnold. This seems like a great fit. Gase has coached up bad quarterbacks to play well, and average quarterbacks to perform on a somewhat high level.

Gase will be able to help Darnold take the next step. This is a fantastic hire, fully worthy of an A+

He also gave the Dolphins an 'F---------' for firing him with this to say:

"Dolphins fire HC Adam Gase: F- - - - - - - - - - - - Grade 
Wow. WOW. WOW!!!!!!!! I can't. I just. I just can't. 

Look, I knew that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross was a complete buffoon like the rest of you, but I didn't realize that he was capable of this level of stupidity. Ross may have just cemented himself as one of the worst owners in not just the NFL, but the history of sports. 

When Ross hired Gase three years ago, he called Gase the "next Bill Belichick." Let's analyze what transpired in those three years: 

2016: Led the Dolphins to the playoffs despite them being quarterbacked by Ryan Tannehill. 

2017: Saw the season derailed by Tannehill's preseason injury. Jay Cutler buried the team, yet Miami was oddly competitive in several games, finishing 6-10. 

2018: Had the Dolphins in playoff contention late in the year despite the team being quarterbacked by Tannehill. The playoff hopes ended when Tannehill suffered an injury in the second quarter against the Patriots. Tannehill was never the same after that. 

Why on Earth would you fire a head coach you thought was the next Belichick who had the team competitive for a playoff spot in both years he had his starting quarterback available!? Why in the world would you not allow the "next Bill Belichick" to have a chance to coach a team with a quarterback better than Tannehill!? The previous regime signed Tannehill to a 6-year, $95.2 million contract. Why was it Gase's fault he was stricken with a pedestrian starting quarterback all of these years!? 

This is such an insanely stupid decision. I imagine the other NFL teams are laughing at Ross and the Dolphins right now. In fact, teams are already hurrying to schedule interviews with Gase. It sounds like the Browns are highly interested in hiring Gase, and doing so would be a terrific move. I can't wait to see Gase coach up Baker Mayfield. And he'll be able to do so because Ross is one of the worst sports owners anyone has ever seen. "

http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php

• Upvote 4

I think him calling plays was probably a big factor.  It's a good point that, if an OC called the plays and then left after 2 years, Darnold would've had to learn a new system. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/78820/jets-gamble-future-on-adam-gases-ability-to-recapture-his-mcvay-ness

image.png.672b5db767ba14395abddd453a97f4a2.png

11 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Walterfootball.com

Wow this guy constantly trashes the Jets

• Upvote 3

Thank god for the objectivity in this thread.  The insane reactions in the other threads were grating.

Did I want McCarthy over Gase?  Yes.

Is Gase a better choice then Rhule?  YES.

At least give it 8 games before you declare it the worst decision of all time.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 4

4 hours ago, FollowMe said:

This!!! He is whiz with QBs and getting him to develop Darnold is exactly what this team needs. McCarthy is who I wanted but Gase is soild hire I can get behind. 

All I know is that for the last two years I had been a forlorn fan.  Now I feel much better since (a) we could have (and I expected us to have) done much much worse and (b) all the things we've been lacking in a HC in like forever (a youngish offensive minded experienced HC/QB whisperer) are present now.

Now we all get to imagine (somewhat based in reality for a change) all the ways our Jets become a better team.  I'm all in on following every twist and turn and can't wait for our first pre-season game.  Go Jets!       

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Tom...

how can you be excited for this?

On a list of 32 starting NFL QBs where would you rank the Dolphins QB(s) talent-wise this year (Tannehill/Osweiler)?  Maybe ahead of Bortles, Winston, SF's (Beathard, Mullens)...maybe Dalton?  The Dolphins may have had the 25th ranked offense using the 28th best QB.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Why did Mike McCarthy lose to the Arizona Cardinals, Redskins, and Lions?

Step back from the ledge my man.

Lost at home in the playoffs.  Went to one SB with Aaron Rogers in 14 years.

Mike McCarthy was the perfect pick if we wanted to be slightly above .500 for a long time.  Sitting back, interesting football in December, ending up 9-7 or 10-6 some years.

With Gase I think this is a swing for the fences with an experienced NFL coach (unlike a swing for the fences with KK, Rhule, etc. who carry much more risk)

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

I remember a time when hiring or signing someone who was just fired/cut from your most hated rival was a serious no no. 

I miss those days, where rivalries mattered.  Getting old and watching the world move on sometimes sucks.

So sure, the Phins most recent failure is now our great coach hope, and something something great choice.  Sure.  I know I can't wait to tune in to see Adam Gase coaching.  Who wouldn't, right?

I really think Johnson + Johnson are oblivious to this franchises history and are totally unaware that the dolphins are traditionally our #1 nemesis. I don’t think the jets were on their radar until they bought the team.