Beningo: Jets need to take one of the pass rushers at 3

Philc1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Don't get mad ,but it seemed to me like he was running by a lot of big fat guys who couldn't block a driveway with a dump truck.  I didn't see the "top college competition" you guys were referring to unless we're talking about Community College.  Sorry.

i'm not mad.  having a quick first step is something that can't be taught.  as for the slow LT's he was facing, he has no control over that.  and he is playing in a top conference. 

Id like to remind the board:

Beningo is just a man. Like you and me. He has an opinion. Like you and me. Just because he has a radio show, that only proves hes done well in his career choices. Kudos to him....

But his opinion doesnt hold any more weight than any poster that bleeds green

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s very much a name to consider. If we really want to go 4-3 DE..Clelin Ferrell is my guy. But it’s almost criminal how far Ed Oliver’s name is dropping in mock drafts. I think it’s because he was a little smaller for DT.

I keep reading that Ferell is going to test like garbage. 

39 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

dark horse candidate to by much more of a sack guy in the NFL then he was in college. wouldn't shock me if he is an absolute wrecking ball in the league.

I didn’t watch much of him at Houston, but you look at the TFLs and the highlight packages (I know, I know) and the dude is eye popping.

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm not mad.  having a quick first step is something that can't be taught.  as for the slow LT's he was facing, he has no control over that.  and he is playing in a top conference. 

He is exceedingly fast.  That is very clear.  And relentless.  I just would've liked to have seen him have to get off a block.  He so outclassed these guys it was hard to tell if he was anything more than a physical freak of nature.  Too fast for the competition.  That's not going to happen in the NFL.  I didn't even see one instance where a back stayed in to help keep him off the quarterback.  Strange.  Don't they teach that in the SEC?  Reminds me of the buildup of Clowney or Jevon Kearse coming out.  So physically superior in College, but in my opinion, never quite translated to the next level.  As good as some on this board make Clowney out to be, to me he is somewhat of a disappointment.  If we go Defense at three, the pick must be a Donald or a Khalil Mack type impact player.  Nothing less will do.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

You do know that playing in the SEC doesn’t mean you are facing the best LT/RT’s in college football, right?

You and I agree a helluva lot on most things, but I've got to take @Philc1's side in the debate you two are having. I remember on the day of Kentucky's bowl game when mick started blasting Allen despite the 3 sacks he had. Since then a lot of guys have bought into what he said that day.

Look, I get players don't line up against great opposition every week in college, but if you're not going to use the SEC level players as a barometer, who are you going to use? If you go by that line of thinking, who would've drafted Khalil Mack out of U of Buffalo? I look at Allen who dominated at the highest league he could play in. I see a kid getting better every year, adding more muscle and weight, and getting more and more refined at his craft. I'm not even sure I'd take Bosa, after sitting a year, over him. I'd really have to think about it before I did.

13 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

He is exceedingly fast.  That is very clear.  And relentless.  I just would've liked to have seen him have to get off a block.  He so outclassed these guys it was hard to tell if he was anything more than a physical freak of nature.  Too fast for the competition.  That's not going to happen in the NFL.  I didn't even see one instance where a back stayed in to help keep him off the quarterback.  Strange.  Don't they teach that in the SEC?  Reminds me of the buildup of Clowney or Jevon Kearse coming out.  So physically superior in College, but in my opinion, never quite translated to the next level.  As good as some on this board make Clowney out to be, to me he is somewhat of a disappointment.  If we go Defense at three, the pick must be a Donald or a Khalil Mack type impact player.  Nothing less will do.

That's a high bar you're setting, LOL. Do we need Joe Thomas or bust at LT? Jerry Rice at WR? Howza bout we settle for a really good, pro bowl level guy?

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I didn’t watch much of him at Houston, but you look at the TFLs and the highlight packages (I know, I know) and the dude is eye popping.

I've been watching him since his freshman year and am a bit smitten. He penetrates, beats double and triple teams, has a nose for the ball and plays all out, all of the time. I even recall him peeling out and covering a WR.....successfully I might add.

The guy can do it all and I believe you can play him all over the line. If you did watch some of his games you can tell that opposing offenses had to game plan for him because he was a one man wrecking crew playing on a sh*tty defense. 

Just wait until those combine numbers start coming in.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Those 3 sacks were wide the hell open...I can’t imagine much different for the majority of them either. 

They're wide the hell open because the kid is extremely explosive.  There's a reason he's just always there... because he's faster than the OT.  

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m not trying to take Jonah #3 either. 

So I mean... not to kill your “TAKE THAT!” moment but I honestly don’t care lol

Enlighten me for a moment if you will.  If Bosa goes to Arizona and Quinnen Williams goes to SF who's your pick at #3 if they can't trade back?

I think Josh Allen is a bit overhyped personally.

Obviously not an NFL scout, but Polite from Florida and Brian Burns from FSU are similar prospects. You really cant go wrong in the top 10 if you are looking for a pass rusher. 

The top 10 players in this draft are all probably front 7 players which is why I wouldnt be shocked to see three QBs go in the top 10 again. 

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

those of us that have been screaming this every year since melvin ingram agree with him too

Literally the only way to beat Brady is to get pressure on him without blitzing.  We cannot sniff the qb with blitzing

1 hour ago, JetFanatic said:

Enlighten me for a moment if you will.  If Bosa goes to Arizona and Quinnen Williams goes to SF who's your pick at #3 if they can't trade back?

Clelin Ferrell, Ed Oliver. Hell.. DK Metcalf lol. Someone else is my point..

1 hour ago, JetFanatic said:

They're wide the hell open because the kid is extremely explosive.  There's a reason he's just always there... because he's faster than the OT.  

It’s not going to happen like that on the pro level. You have to have some kind of technique. Nick Bosa is likely to go #1 because he has every single pass rush move under the sun. He has such a wide array of moves to beat you. Josh Allen is a boom or bust. I don’t take boom or bust at #3. Just my opinion. You do not have to agree.

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Well yeah we only haven’t had an actual pass rusher in 13 years and that’s literally the only way anyone can ever beat Brady

That was a decade ago when you could still hit him.

The only way to beat Brady these days is to outscore him.  Stopping him in today's NFL is close to impossible.

Building an offense that can put up 40 points regularly is how you're going to beat the Pats.

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That was a decade ago when you could still hit him.

The only way to beat Brady these days is to outscore him.  Stopping him in today's NFL is close to impossible.

Building an offense that can put up 40 points regularly is how you're going to beat the Pats.

Thats what Kansas city thought too...but if they would have put some pressure on him in that last game they would be playing this weekend.

2 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Really dont know how anyone can knock Josh Allen as a prospect. 

What box doesnt he check? Great size and atleticism, terrific production with a three year track record, improved every year, played in the best coference in CFB, Great character/team captain.

31 sacks 41 tackles for loss facing top competition 

Most unblocked football player ever!

Archived