Draft Trade Rumors

32 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Finger or toe or knee or something. Maybe rib? Someone just told me on here a few weeks back. I already forget.

Either way the consensus was he could play but chose not to. The team turned on him after that. He can suck it for sure!

emoji3.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Great memory.  In case I have to point that out, it was sarcasm.  It was reported as the flu and supposedly he was hung over.  Only issue is that he actually played in the game you are talking about.  The game most of these assholes point to is the Steelers game in the 2004 season.  He had a significant knee injury and missed from week 12 on.  He missed the first playoff game and tried to come back for the 2nd.  Trust me, he was still hurt.

There was the quote about him being concerned about his "future" which the press and typical "suck it" fan base love to treat as meaning more than "I will play if it will not cause me permanent future damage."  IIRC, he was not under contract for the following year (2005), but was franchised and had told the team he wanted a long term deal.  They ****ed with him and Herm threw him under the bus, either to get him to sign cheaper or (more likely) to force the Steelers to prep for him.  The team turned on him so much that they paid him the franchise tag and he had 10.5 sacks. Mangini and Tannenbaum dumped him because of the Pennington/Martin salary cap hell they were in and because the boy genius probably couldn't handle a guy like Abraham, but valued a team of boy scouts that would run through a wall for him over guys that were bigger and faster than their opponents.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

There is some relevance.  He has made somewhere near 30 picks as Jets GM.  Even being generous, his hits have been Williams, Jenkins, Shell, Adams, Darnold and Herndon.  Am I missing any?  Maybe the punter.  Basically, half of his "hits" have been top 6 picks.  Trading down to 11 or 15 brings significant risk that he will bust (like Lee and his high 2nds) without a corresponding chance of hits with the extra pick(s). 

lol, really not worth an argument.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets traded 1.6, and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots last year for Sam Darnold

three second rounders for 3 spots 

if the Jets GM takes 1.15 and the Skins 2nd for 1.3, that would be a fire able offense by the time NY media is through with Mac

Can we please wait until a trade is actually made and we know what the details are before we whine about it?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That’d be some sh*t. If the draft media ends up having it wrong about Cards/Murray, it’s possible that Murray falls a long way because the tie-in was Kingsbury running his college offense, which Gruden nor the Giants come close to running.

The craziest thing about the Kingsbury hire, if they don't take Kyler Murray to run his offense, is that Josh Rosen's #1 advantage over the rest of the field last year during draft season was that he was most pro-style ready. Ironically now being asked to run a gimmick college offense... 

If the Jets are getting offered a massive amount to trade back and they take Bosa or Williams I'm going to flip the **** out. There are too many holes on this team to pass up the opportunity to pick up 3-4 extra premium picks over the next 2 years.

Hopefully the rumors are true and the Cardinals take Williams and the 49ers take Bosa. That'll save Macc from making a massive mistake.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, choon328 said:

If the Jets are getting offered a massive amount to trade back and they take Bosa or Williams I'm going to flip the **** out. There are too many holes on this team to pass up the opportunity to pick up 3-4 extra premium picks over the next 2 years.

Hopefully the rumors are true and the Cardinals take Williams and the 49ers take Bosa. That'll save Macc from making a massive mistake.

If they are and they don't we likely won't hear about it anyway.

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

If they are and they don't we likely won't hear about it anyway.

It'll leak out most likely. Hopefully the Jets are just trying to get the Redskins to blink on additional picks. If Dan Snyder is involved he may just agree to any compensation just to get his guy. I hope that's the case.

Just now, choon328 said:

It'll leak out most likely. Hopefully the Jets are just trying to get the Redskins to blink on additional picks. If Dan Snyder is involved he may just agree to any compensation just to get his guy. I hope that's the case.

it also helps create a sense of urgency for other teams (like the giants) who might now be worried that a team will trade up for their qb.

Just now, choon328 said:

Well that's the key. 

Hopefully. Snyder has convinced himself Haskins is the second coming. If so, we might get their whole draft this year and part of next year. 

What we can glean from these conjoined rumors is that Washington is calling the Niners, Jets, and Raiders to get ahead of the Giants and the Maccagnan is Rob Schneider and Danielol Snyder is John Turturro in the following classic scene from You Don’t Mess With The Zohan 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Finger or toe or knee or something. Maybe rib? Someone just told me on here a few weeks back. I already forget.

Either way the consensus was he could play but chose not to. The team turned on him after that. He can suck it for sure!

emoji3.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wasn't sure but it was a bad stomach.

He also said that he has to think of his future when he sat out his last year, that he had a new contract to protect.  

Today he's become a warrior who needed to be played and his leaving set up back years.  Lol

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This stuff is so fun.  Yesterday at this time I was completely convinced they wouldn't be able to find a trade.  Now everyone today thinks they will be able to.  Now Mehta trying to contradict everyone else today.  No one probably knows anything.

I would give just about anything to sit in on meetings leading up to the draft for a team with a high pick.  The amount of information to sift through has got to be insane.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Wasn't sure but it was a bad stomach.

He also said that he has to think of his future when he sat out his last year, that he had a new contract to protect.  

Today he's become a warrior who needed to be played and his leaving set up back years.  Lol, 4 first round picks set us years back. 

You are the one that doesn't remember, but you are accusing others of changing the narrative?  I remember having a similar argument with some numbnuts who claimed Abraham was never injured badly enough to require surgery.  Turns out he had something like 9 during his NFL career. 

Snyder has gone rogue. He saw all of the success the young QB's had last year and all of the excitement it brought each Franchise and he wants a piece of that. Hopefully the Jets take advantage of the situation.

I personally think the 49ers are sticking at 2. Pairing Bosa with Dee Ford with Buckner on the line would be tremendous for them. Now let's just hope the Cardinals take Williams #1.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's actually not that bad, easily better than 80% of the other talking heads.

I refuse to give any credence to ourlads scouting after that ridiculous MPH report they started to try and make to be something at the combine.