Draft Trade Rumors

choon328

On 4/24/2019 at 1:18 PM, bitonti said:

look, we all want a bounty of picks to move down from 3. but it has to be a huge huge windfall or they will be getting screwed.  And who's going to trade a windfall for DT/Edge it usually happens for QBs. 

My concern is for when that trade down doesn't happen

Im going on record Ed Oliver no matter what  

you're defense is dead rant doesn't really ring true after a 13-3 SB that was 3-3 all game. the Rams with 2 stud DTs made the Pats throw short. Donald was on Brady's mind all night. with our luck tb12 plays for another 5 seasons the Jets need to get pressure on him to get out of this division. 

I legitimately believe QW and Oliver will each make Pro Bowls. Can't say that about any of these other guys with any confidence. that's why it costs a windfall to get up to 3, (and why it's different than 4 and 6) the higher in the draft we go the more sure these bets become. THat's not opinion it's backed up by the statistics of draft position vs Hof/All pro/Pro Bowl 

side note I also loved Jimmy Garappolo coming out of school, ranted for an entire spring how the Jets should draft him, they took Jace Amaro to provide Geno Smith with more weapons. No one ever remembers Bitonti the man who wanted his paizano Jimmy G to come to NJ for some baked ziti 

if anyone is looking for a precise moment where the Jets broke me as a human, and started my deep decent into pure Emperor palpatine level hatred, it was probably that draft. 

2959q3.jpg

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

RUMOR: Broncos have offered WR Emmanuel Sanders, #10 pick and a 2nd round pick to Jets for 3rd pick in draft. Eyeing Lock.

Can you source this? Otherwise it's just made up by you

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It really does sound insane unless OAK's mystery player has other GMs legitimately concerned.  I do not buy this one at all though.

It's probably an Incarcerated dick face tweet. Idk bc I don't follow him. If teams believe that Murray will be available at 3 we're going to probably hear a ton of trade rumors flying for the next 6 hours.

10 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

RUMOR: Broncos have offered WR Emmanuel Sanders, #10 pick and a 2nd round pick to Jets for 3rd pick in draft. Eyeing Lock.

Would like a source but when QB's are available GM's will lose their minds.  Maccagnan needs to know

exactly what he's looking for because he's going to get a ton of calls

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Would like a source but when QB's are available GM's will lose their minds.  Maccagnan needs to know

exactly what he's looking for because he's going to get a ton of calls

every year there are a few desperate gms who need to fix the qb position or they could get axed.  like mccagnan last year.

Sorry all, I can't give the source for my rumors.  Its not coming from the beat writers though.

Well you are in NE. Are you plugged into the signal the Pats are using to listen in to every teams war room?

@KRL Sorry all, I can't give the source for my rumors.  Its not coming from the beat writers though.

I assume it's a friend, so I understand you protecting them

Just now, Augustiniak said:

every year there are a few desperate gms who need to fix the qb position or they could get axed.  like mccagnan last year.

Exactly. Elway may be desperate. QB's buy extra time for GM's. Those picks are job savers and job killers.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I might entertain that offer if the player was Chris Harris instead of Sanders.

I was going to post the same thing, Harris plus their #1 and #2 would be tempting

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

It's amazing but it looks like Maccagnan is going to "luck out" again and have every QB

needy team calling him if ARZ takes Williams 

Mac thinks it's better to be lucky than good.....

I think it better if my GM was good over lucky!!

38 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

At this stage in his career. Emmanuel Sanders has very little trade value.  If true, this would be a very weak offer.

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Mac thinks it's better to be lucky than good.....

I think it better if my GM was good over lucky!!

Sometimes you need both.

Good is moving up to #3 to put yourself in better position to get a top-2 QB last year

Lucky is having Gettleman committed to drafting a RB at #2.

Archived