Draft Trade Rumors

choon328

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

It better be a hell of a haul to let the Bills draft a player who will be gunning for our franchise QB on every play.

Would be about 850 pts. Their 2nd(40) and 3rd(74) would leave them about 220 short. If we move to 9, would still put us in a spot for a team that might want a QB. Also, we would still be able to get a really good player there.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

If we're trading within the division the Jets better be getting overpaid. No excuse for this at all. You don't help rivals get better unless it works to your benefit in the long-term.

I try never to underestimate how stupid the Jets are but this seems like sh*t reporting. There is absolutely no chance. We already have to throw Darnold to whoever we leave for Oakland at 4 because we play them in November. For twice a year? I can't think of anything like that ever having happened.

11 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I would. Who cares? It’s not like they’re trying to get a QB. As long as they wanna give us a big haul. 

Although I can see all the beat writers piling on when he sacks Darnold like a bunch of savages” Uhhh I wonder if Jets are regretting that trade blaaablaa”

Agreed then trade back to 15 with the Skins grab the C, and have 2 2nd round picks for more Sam Darnold help.

Oh, and 3 1st round picks in 2020.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I try never to underestimate how stupid the Jets are but this seems like sh*t reporting. There is absolutely no chance. We already have to throw Darnold to whoever we leave for Oakland at 4 because we play them in November. For twice a year? I can't think of anything like that ever having happened.

What would be even more fitting is that Williams or Oliver blows past the lineman we drafted with the lower pick.

So let's discuss a potential BUF-NYJ trade because what else are we going to do...

Using the normal trade value chart we have #3 - 2,200 pts.

Buf has #9 - 1,350 pts, #40 - 500 pts, #74 - 220 pts, #112 - 70 pts and after that I don't really care so much.

So all four of those picks added up almost equal the value of our pick.

But....I don't see BUF trading all of their first four picks to move up and I think we'd all like some more capital in the 2020 draft.

So I would consider their 1, 2, 4 and next year's 1.  That's a little in our favor, but hey, it's a divisional rival and why make it easy.  I don't think they would pay that anyway but if they did, I could get on board.  I suppose I could also handle this year's 1, 2, 3 and next year's 2.  But barely.

At #9 we would be looking at a lot of interesting names:  Taylor, Sweat, Jonah, Hockenson, maybe Oliver.

At #40 we might miss out on Jenkins but there would be some really nice names like Byron Murphy, Arcega-Whiteside, and very likely Erik McCoy.  We might also be able to use 1 or two of our 3rd rounders to move up for Jenkins if he makes it to Day 2. 

Lots to ponder.  I wouldn't write it off just because it's BUF.  

1 hour ago, 7561526667 said:

If Arizona is truly passing on Murray, wow, what a break for the Jets. Assuming the 49ers don't pick either and they do not trade out of the #2 slot, the Jets should have a multitude of potential trade partners.

So we have:

Raiders

Giants (least likely)

Denver

Cincy

Redskins

I can't see the Jets dropping past 15, and if they do make a deal, if all QBs are available at the 3rd slot, part of the trade HAS to include a #1 pick for 2020; especially if they drop in this year's first round in the 10-15th pick range.

didn't you used to be 7561526666? ?

What is the purpose of telling Quinnen he may be the pick? How is that productive in any way.
It helps raise the value of Rosen if a team thinks they may try to keep him instead of taking murry. It lets other teams know they are willing to listen to offers if they decide to stick with Rosen over murry. It helps keep murry humble?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So let's discuss a potential BUF-NYJ trade because what else are we going to do...

Buf has #9 - 1,350 pts, #40 - 500 pts, #74 - 220 pts, #112 - 70 pts and after that I don't really care so much.

But....I don't see BUF trading all of their first four picks to move up and I think we'd all like some more capital in the 2020 draft.

So I would consider their 1, 2, 4 and next year's 1.  That's a little in our favor, but hey, it's a divisional rival and why make it easy.  I don't think they would pay that anyway but if they did, I could get on board.  I suppose I could also handle this year's 1, 2, 3 and next year's 2.  But barely.

At #9 we would be looking at a lot of interesting names:  Taylor, Sweat, Jonah, Hockenson, maybe Oliver.

At #40 we might miss out on Jenkins but there would be some really nice names like Byron Murphy, Arcega-Whiteside, and very likely Erik McCoy.  We might also be able to use 1 or two of our 3rd rounders to move up for Jenkins if he makes it to Day 2. 

Also in prime spot for a team that wants to get in front of Denver for a QB.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You absolutely write it off because it's Buffalo. We play them twice a year, we just drafted a quarterback, and they would be trading up in order to make hurting that quarterback easier. In terms of risk/reward this isn't even close.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You absolutely write it off because it's Buffalo. We play them twice a year, we just drafted a quarterback, and they would be trading up in order to make hurting that quarterback easier. In terms of risk/reward this isn't even close.

At 9, they could end up with Oliver or another really good pass rusher anyway.

If trading means we can improve our team more than not trading, and doesn't mean giving them a franchise QB, then I'm in.

19 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I hate people who  buttfumble me.  I put a curse on them - Mexican curses are powerful. ?

I once dated a Mexican woman. She was really cool. We had a good thing going but she had to split. Her Abuela got sick and she had to go home to care for her. We kept in touch but long distance never works.

To each his or her own I guess when it come to buttfumbles..

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Excluding injury at least half a dozen things would have to go right in a row for the new result of this to be anything other than the piece de resistance for the blooper real. I think Belichick could pull this move off but wouldn't try unless it was to jerk with us specifically and he was getting ready to quit.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Dick move if he winds up taking Murray. That happens, I'll root for Q to rip Kyler's head off (figuratively). 

There is no doubt. 

Some of us aren't Italian? 

I've often wondered about those of you who aren't. What do you eat on Sundays?

Not if we clock him. Eh?? Eh???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I dont think you outright turn an offer down because it is Buffalo.   I think you can try to add a divisional surcharge, a reasonable measure... like a company that places non-compete clauses in their employee contracts.   The Jets and Bills compete twice a year.

If the two teams make a deal, I have zero issue with it.

36 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've often wondered. Those of you who aren't, what do you eat on Sundays?

Pretty much everything that got put in the fridge all week, with the possibility of barbeque in the warm weather.  

The big difference is that we call the 1pm meal "lunch", not "dinner".

I meant. Not if we BLOCK him. Eh? Eh?

The comment has now lost any and all of whatever charm I thought it had. I suck at stuff

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, RoadFan said:

I dont think you outright turn an offer down because it is Buffalo.   I think you can try to add a divisional surcharge, a reasonable measure... like a company that places non-compete clauses in their employee contracts.   The Jets and Bills compete twice a year.

If the two teams make a deal, I have zero issue with it.

Washington traded a 2 and a conditional 3/4 for McNabb from Philly

Ultimately though, I think the bidding war for Dwayne Haskins is what will decide if the Jets trade down or not... And for how much.

I think the reports about his stock dropping over the last few weeks were garbage.  His tape is solid.

10 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I once dated a Mexican woman. She was really cool. We had a good thing going but she had to split. Her Abuela got sick and she had to go home to care for her. We kept in touch but long distance never works.

To each his or her own I guess when it come to buttfumbles..

Actually, my family has been here (California) over 100 years.  ? 

But, my soul will always be Mexican.....and I don’t believe in all the hocus pocus La Llorona folk lore BS, and I don’t give a damn who buttfumbles me, but I love stirring things up by inviting the tiny brains to do just that.

It’s fun to be me.

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He does not even mention the divisional rivals thing?  I've said before I'd have no issue trading down with a rival if it made my team better but NFL gms are more chicken.  Can you imagine Q Williams hammering Darnold in a game?

If we do trade back with them, and they take QW, then I sure hope we get a couple of stud OLs who can protect Sam. 

Archived