Draft Trade Rumors

choon328

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why would they dump down one spot for minimal return to allow the Raiders to secure a QB that other teams are trying to trade up for, which would allow the Raiders to then trade Derek Carr for a haul? The Jets would look like fools and for what? A measly two? **** that. If they’re trading 3, it better be for a massive return of picks.

Well we would still be getting assumablely a guy we really want like an oliver and get a 2nd rather than move down further and get more picks

Just now, JiF said:

You would think they're getting better offers, for sure.  

Though, I wouldnt hate the idea of Ed Oliver at 4 and getting their 2.35 l and maybe they're 4.100.  Just the 2.35 would be hard to swallow.

If the Redskins really want to come up and you can get their 2019 and 2020 1 and 2 to drop down to 15, I don’t even think it’s arguable that’s the better deal. That Redskins 2020 first could be the first pick in the draft, especially if they’re starting Haskins all year. The Raiders would recoup a 1 and a 2 within five minutes of trading with the Jets by dealing Carr to the Giants or Dolphins. 

The last trade up this early in the draft where a team moved up one spot the trading team got their 3rd, 4th and following years 3rd. 

I could see the Jets getting a 2nd and next years 3rd from the Raiders

3 minutes ago, Welp said:

Best scenario would be a trade with the Raiders to move down 1 spot plus extra pick(s) and then get another haul for the 4th pick

That would be something, if the raiders were not targeting a qb, and then the jets traded back with a different team like Denver who traded up for a qb.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I guess, but that would have to be the fallback to the fallback 

I guess I'm looking at it from the other side. It could  be the best of both worlds..prob picking the same guy as if we stayed at 3, but picking up a 2 that we really need. Win win in my opinion.... Gives you a top Def pick  and a 2.

1 minute ago, TampaJet said:

I guess I'm looking at it from the other side. It could  be the best of both worlds..prob picking the same guy as if we stayed at 3, but picking up a 2 that we really need. Win win in my opinion.... Gives you a top pick and a 2 without sacrifi cing anything.

I guess, but it feels like selling a classic car to your neighbor on the cheap because it’s easy to walk across the street and then your neighbor sells that car right away for $50k. You’ve gotta get a cut of the profits. The Jets should make the Raiders trade Carr before consummating the deal for 3 and get one of the picks from that deal, along with the Raiders 1 and 2. 

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why would they dump down one spot for minimal return to allow the Raiders to secure a QB that other teams are trying to trade up for, which would allow the Raiders to then trade Derek Carr for a haul? The Jets would look like fools and for what? A measly two? **** that. If they’re trading 3, it better be for a massive return of picks.

I agree with this. I want one of their other 1st's plus their 2nd rounder. They want the 3 give the picks to me. Otherwise I trade it to another team that wants what they want. This ain't charity.

29 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Fools? They would be getting a top of the second round pick for basically nothing. They could go ahead and pick one of the blue chippers or trade down again. 

I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with that....

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I agree with this. I want one of their other 1st's plus their 2nd rounder. They want the 3 give the picks to me. Otherwise I trade it to another team that wants what they want. This ain't charity.

I see no way you get more than one of those picks.  I'd be shocked if they even got the 27 but stranger things have happened and if they have a legitimate deal on the table, Gruden could go that far.  But two of those picks?  Not a chance.  Hell, I think SF would take less than that to move down.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I guess, but it feels like selling a classic car to your neighbor on the cheap because it’s easy to walk across the street and then your neighbor sells that car right away for $50k. You’ve gotta get a cut of the profits. The Jets should make the Raiders trade Carr before consummating the deal for 3 and get one of the picks from that deal, along with the Raiders 1 and 2. 

I see your point, but I would guess the main goal was to get back into the 2nd round. To be able to do it and still get a top 5 guy would be a win.  Sure we can fleece a team, but we would not have a chance for an Oliver/Allen type and a 2. 

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Redskins really want to come up and you can get their 2019 and 2020 1 and 2 to drop down to 15, I don’t even think it’s arguable that’s the better deal. That Redskins 2020 first could be the first pick in the draft, especially if they’re starting Haskins all year. The Raiders would recoup a 1 and a 2 within five minutes of trading with the Jets by dealing Carr to the Giants or Dolphins. 

Agreed.  I'd love to see Brandon Scherff in this trade too.  Maybe if we give them our lower 3rd rounder in this trade.

Jets Get:

Brandon Scherff

Redskins #1 (2019)

Redskins #2 (2019)

Redskins #1 (2020)

Redskins Get:

Jets #1 (2019)

Jets lower #3 (2019)

Then draft Bradbury at 15.  

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I see no way you get more than one of those picks.  I'd be shocked if they even got the 27 but stranger things have happened and if they have a legitimate deal on the table, Gruden could go that far.  But two of those picks?  Not a chance.  Hell, I think SF would take less than that to move down.

Fine. Then trade it to someone who will pay the price. They want the pick. Maybe the Niners asked for more and that's why they are talking to the Jets in the first place. You don't want to meet my price I go elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

I see your point, but I would guess the main goal was to get back into the 2nd round. To be able to do it and still get a top 5 guy would be a win.  Sure we can fleece a team, but we would not have a chance for an Oliver/Allen type and a 2. 

I guess it becomes a choice between Ed Oliver -or- a likely top five pick next year when Justin Herbert, Tua, and Jake Fromm are headlining the draft.

Archived