Jamal Adams "Arguably the best Safety in the League" Video Breakdown

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"..on the roster.." =/= last year.

Adams may have been the best player "last year".

He is not the best player "on the roster" now.  

Pretty interesting since we haven't set the roster or played a single game yet.

And if he's 2nd or third best that still doesn't explain the LOL in response to he's the best on the team comment.  

That's all.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

You find it interesting that we have a roster right now, got it.

Also, moving the goalposts is fun.

WTF does this even mean.

You want to argue that Adams isnt in the discussion for one of the best on the team, go for it.   If someone says he one of the best young Jet players give them a LOL.  

Why?  Who knows, its wrong and a useless argument

• Sympathy 1

On 5/27/2019 at 5:50 PM, T0mShane said:

I wonder if Adams is the pick there for us if it wasn’t a bad GM (who will never be a GM again) and a bad HC/former scrappy SS (who will never be a HC again) making it. 

We'll never know now will we ? Obviously you never get tired of this Adams bashing, attention whore.

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Because being one of the two or three best players on the Jets is a useless distinction?

Because this SOJF remark has what to do with him being or not being one of the best?

Does Barkley being on the shltty Giants make him less of a player?  Does saying Barkley is the best player on the Giants make it a useless distinction?  

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2019 at 5:50 PM, T0mShane said:

I wonder if Adams is the pick there for us if it wasn’t a bad GM (who will never be a GM again) and a bad HC/former scrappy SS (who will never be a HC again) making it. 

I would sit up all night wrestling with this thought if I cared 

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2019 at 5:54 PM, Warfish said:

I'm not going to tell you anything. 

You seem to think you have all the answers, why would I invest my time with someone who has already decided he's 100% right and no one can convince him otherwise?

If it pleases you to think Adams is the best player on the team, was the perfect draft pick in that spot, hell, maybe is even the greatest Jet who ever lived, by all means, enjoy yourself, mate. 

LMAO Typical of you negative types! Throw stones at Adams but when asked "who's better ? " you have no response or won't commit.  What a joke.

• Upvote 1

The Jets cup is never half empty it is always and forever half full and half full of ambrosia at that

It never rains in Florham Park

Every move by the Jets ownership or front office is always the correct one even if said move is directly at odds with previously "correct" moves.

Anyone who disagrees is a chronic same old Jets fan whose opinions are not worthy of serious consideration.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF does this even mean.

You want to argue that Adams isnt in the discussion for one of the best on the team, go for it.   If someone says he one of the best young Jet players give them a LOL.  

If you don’t know what moving the goalposts mean, I would suggest you look it up. Maybe actually read the posts too....

At no point have I said Adams is not “one of the best young players”. I explicitly said he is not the best player on the roster in response to a claim the he was.  

Again, if you don’t understand the difference...

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

LMAO Typical of you negative types! Throw stones at Adams but when asked "who's better ? " you have no response or won't commit.  What a joke.

Except I did later in the thread, right before the goalposts started getting moved to suit the narrative. 

If you need me to repeat it, both Bell and Mosely are clearly better, and I think Darnold is also better. 

• Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you don’t know what moving the goalposts mean, I would suggest you look it up. Maybe actually read the posts too....

At no point have I said Adams is not “one of the best young players”. I explicitly said he is not the best player on the roster in response to a claim the he was.  

Again, if you don’t understand the difference...

WTF are you even arguing about at this point?

Someone said Adams was the best player on the team and you laughed at him.  Thought it was funny.

I said he is and at worst hes in the discussion.  You keep coming back for more.  Now he is one of the best just not the best?  Which is different from hes in the discussion how?   

Sorry, spin it, twist it anyway you want, he was the best player on the team a year ago.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Except I did later in the thread, right before the goalposts started getting moved to suit the narrative. 

If you need me to repeat it, both Bell and Mosely are clearly better, and I think Darnold is also better. 

The original poster said if you recall " not counting any FA pickups "

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF does this even mean.

Can't argue with this type. They have all the answers but just won't reveal them. How nice.

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF are you even arguing about at this point?

Someone said Adams was the best player on the team and you laughed at him.  Thought it was funny.

I said he is and at worst hes in the discussion.  You keep coming back for more.  Now he is one of the best just not the best?  Which is different from hes in the discussion how?   

Sorry, spin it, twist it anyway you want, he was the best player on the team a year ago.  

By all means ! Now we added 2 very good FA but Adams is still in the discussion for sure.

6 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Because being one of the two or three best players on the Jets is a useless distinction?

I disagree. I understand what you're saying. You're saying Adams being better than anyone else on the roster means nothing because the Jets overall roster is horrid. One of the least talented you've ever seen? I agree. However, Jamal Adams is legitimately as talented as any Safety in the league and that puts him in much more respectable territory.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Second team. 

But still folks dumping on him are looking to push an agenda.

1st team as per coaches in The Sporting news. Yeah ,I get the agenda thing. I look past it, I can  create my own opinion. Detroit doesn't even get a vote in the ap poll.

16 minutes ago, fullblast said:

He's damn good.

Honest question:  Does this say more about Adams, or more about the ineptitude of the people playing in front of Adams?

No question, those are impressive numbers/rankings.  No question.

Would/will they be so impressive when/if the Jets have a competent D-Line and LB Corp soaking up more of those tackles, TFL and Sacks, as they should?

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Honest question:  Does this say more about Adams, or more about the ineptitude of the people playing in front of Adams?

Would/will they be so impressive when/if the Jets have a competent D-Line and LB Corp soaking up more of those tackles, TFL and Sacks, as they should?

Yeah, he definitely helped to cover up deficiencies along other areas of the D. If he was allowed to play more coverage maybe he'd have more INTs as well, which his detractors love to dog him about.

The numbers show that Bowles/Kacy demanded a lot out of him, and he delivered a lot. If our new additions wind up eating into his production some, that would be a good problem to have.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

And on the flipside if Adams has more help on the D , you can theorize he will only get better. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No - but what about the intz  - LOL  . The haters here only look at stats that perpetuate their agenda.

Adams is great at the LOS, mediocre in coverage(to date) and doesnt have the instincts to be a playmaker in the passing game. A good player with obvious weaknesses that good teams have been able to exploit in the passing game.

• Upvote 1

Mention Jamal Adams and "Box Safety" and this is the collective reaction from the PresMal fanclub.

giphy.gif&key=c00f8c4c2171ca70113f2164b35ad5f0625271b7058a41f0fe4448aa4a67b692
The presmal fan club should be any fan of the ny jets he has been our best player since arriving and given our team every thing he has. He has been one of very few players we have had that didn't give up. I would be a fan of his of he were a holder.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adams is great at the LOS, mediocre in coverage(to date) and doesnt have the instincts to be a playmaker in the passing game. A good player with obvious weaknesses that good teams have been able to exploit in the passing game.

I won't try to persuade you otherwise but your perceptions on how bad Adams is in coverage is flawed. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Well, Darron Lee definitely sucked, but we shall see this season. Now, and according to you, CJ Moseley is a superior player to Adams. If that's the case then with better personnel in front of him, Adams numbers should diminish substantially, right? Because Moseley will make all the flashy plays, right?