All The Newspaper Weasels Who Unfairly Crucified Christopher Johnson Are Walking Back Their Positions - Let’s Not Let Them Get Away With It

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or CJ made the shortlist of HC candidates and asked Maccagnan to participate in the interview process.  When it was complete, CJ decided that Gase was his man and made sure Maccagnan knew it and would publicly buy into it.

Once Gase was aboard it was time to covertly make a shortlist of GM candidates and Douglas was on the list from both Johnson's and Gase's standpoint.  All that was needed was to get Maccagnan out of the building, start the Rooney process, and get Douglas's contract signed.

SAR I

CJ made a short list of HC candidates?!  LMAO!

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

And so it begins. 

So last month CJ was a dysfunctional fool and now he’s a genius.  Nice try you sycophants.  We won’t forget what you put Coach Gase (backstabber!) and Mr. Johnson (absentee owner!) and the entire organization through (dysfunctional!).

First up on the hypocrites list, Brian Costello:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/joe-douglas-was-worth-the-drubbing-christopher-johnson-took/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not happening.  Apologize.

SAR I

WHERE does it say that Brian Costello criticized him? Just because he points out what Mr. Johnson went through does NOT mean he did the criticizing. It simply means he was aware of it. He also writes many articles supportive of the Jets. Now maybe he did, I don't know for sure? But certainly if you're going to hurl accusations, perhaps you should post links to articles that support your stance. From my standpoint your thread would be graded as INCOMPLETE.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

How do you know that is true and not just a made up narrative from a single beat reporter... Nobody knows what context gase was talking about overpaying for bell because it has also been 'reported' that the contract he didn't want to give bell and overpay for was the 100 million dollar one that the media was reporting bell wanted

See below:

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

His quote below is basically a read-between-the-lines comment that Macc overpaid for Bell.  If Gase was calling all the shots (like you claim) then this wouldn't have been the case.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/23/adam-gase-addresses-fights-off-leveon-bell-reports-ridiculous/

“We signed him. I’m excited we have him,” Gase said. “I’ve been in constant communication with him. Discussions happen and, to me, when you’re going through free agency … we signed a lot of guys. You’re trying to put together a big puzzle. You’re trying to figure out money, fit, locker room, all those things. There’s just a lot of things that go into all that stuff. Discussions are had. Whether or not we disagreed [on] anything … financially, that’s a completely different story than the person or the player. That’s where a lot of this gets misconstrued.”

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, to summarize:

Christopher Johnson is a shrewd CEO who knows a thing or two about business and just got the best HC candidate and best GM candidate in the NFL to join a 4-12 also-ran.  And his ingrate fans should flog themselves for believing the BS from the print media who time and time again treat them like the pathetic victims they are.

SAR I

Or, Johnson hired Gase after Matt Rhule said “**** this” regarding the coordinators fiasco. Gase came into the building and quickly consolidated power from the weak hos in upper management. The fact that Gase has single-handedly steamrolled the entire organization is a testament to the leadership vacuum that existed prior. Good on Gase (and us) for recognizing he was among weak fish and opted to take over. And good for Chris Johnson for getting out of the way and ponying up some cash. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

40 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

How about we let people EARN respect? CJ hasn’t proven much yet at all. He’s on an upward trend but still has a long ways to go and to prove that he isn’t indecisive or that he can make sounds decisions on his own.

I’ll completely give him credit if he can’t make good decisions, realizes that and then leans on the right people. That’s fine too. Just give things a chance and stop jumping to conclusions prematurely. 

What other decisions do you think he has to make in the near future? He could go on a two year vacation and he's already done more than his brother in 15 years. It's not like he is going to dictate who Douglas signs for his scouting staff.

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Or, Johnson hired Gase after Matt Rhule said “**** this” regarding the coordinators fiasco. Gase came into the building and quickly consolidated power from the weak hos in upper management. The fact that Gase has single-handedly steamrolled the entire organization is a testament to the leadership vacuum that existed prior. Good on Gase (and us) for recognizing he was among weak fish and opted to take over. And good for Chris Johnson for getting out of the way and ponying up some cash. 

Has anyone else told you of your philosophical resemblance to Manish Mehta or am I the first?

You are my second-favorite poster on JN; don't screw that up.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

And so it begins. 

So last month CJ was a dysfunctional fool and now he’s a genius.  Nice try you sycophants.  We won’t forget what you put Coach Gase (backstabber!) and Mr. Johnson (absentee owner!) and the entire organization through (dysfunctional!).

First up on the hypocrites list, Brian Costello:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/joe-douglas-was-worth-the-drubbing-christopher-johnson-took/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not happening.  Apologize.

SAR I

costello was happy that the jets hired a bald fat guy with a beard.  all of these clowns are piling on the band wagon.  set-em up and knock-em down.

Just now, dbatesman said:

The Johnson brothers are rich, therefore they must be smart

That would be a refreshing attitude considering the SOJF wisdom for the past 20 years has been that all rich owners must be stupid because they are rich.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

What other decisions do you think he has to make in the near future? He could go on a two year vacation and he's already done more than his brother in 15 years. It's not like he is going to dictate who Douglas signs for his scouting staff.

Exactly.

CJ just made the 5 most important decisions in his career and for the next 2-3 years he can fade in the background and just open the wallet when asked:

1.  Ordered the trade-up in the 2018 draft.
2.  Picked Sam Darnold.
3.  Fired Todd Bowles & Mike Maccagnan.
4.  Hired the best HC candidate in the NFL.
5.  Hired the best GM candidate in the NFL.

Thank you Christopher Johnson.  Great job.  It's the Joe and Adam show now.  We're in good hands.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is hurtful. I am an ontological nihilist. 

You just seem to be preaching his brand of victimness a bit too much of late.  It's low hanging humor, I get that, but things are looking up and you keep looking down.

Get on the happy train.  There's room.  

SAR I

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was still an idiotic approach.  And let's say Sam gets injured this year because we didn't bring in a center.  Was it still brilliant of CJ to let Macc run the draft and FA?

For the record, I'm thrilled that we got Joe Douglas.

Often times in life its better to be lucky then good.  

I could care less what the calendar said when we fired Mac, but to keep him in January, let him hire a coach, run FA and the draft and then fire him is idiotic.  There is no other side to that argument.

What we can praise CJ for is recognizing his first mistake and not compounding it by keeping Mac for another season and having to compete for Douglas with other teams next off season.  Lets hope he now takes a big step back from the organization and lets Douglas run this thing.

The beat writers were wrong - who cares.  Unfortunately their job is to get clicks and interactions and calling the Jets a circus does that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

WHERE does it say that Brian Costello criticized him? Just because he points out what Mr. Johnson went through does NOT mean he did the criticizing. It simply means he was aware of it. He also writes many articles supportive of the Jets. Now maybe he did, I don't know for sure? But certainly if you're going to hurl accusations, perhaps you should post links to articles that support your stance. From my standpoint your thread would be graded as INCOMPLETE.

May 15, 2019:

"Just when it appeared the Jets were the stable franchise in town, they reminded everyone no one quite does dysfunction like they do."

https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/inside-jets-chaos-maccagnans-final-straw-leveon-bell-conflict/

SAR I

Exactly.

CJ just made the 5 most important decisions in his career and for the next 2-3 years he can fade in the background and just open the wallet when asked:

2.  Picked Sam Darnold.

Thank you Christopher Johnson.  Great job.  It's the Joe and Adam show now.  We're in good hands.

SAR I

Great points!  My only question is why would he bother firing Macc when he (CJ) was doing such a great job as GM (ordering the trade-up in 2018 and picking Sam Darnold)!

Plus you forgot to credit CJ for assembling that short list of HC candidates that led to him hiring the best HC candidate in the NFL.  (because CJ is such a football savant!)

/s

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Often times in life its better to be lucky then good.  

I could care less what the calendar said when we fired Mac, but to keep him in January, let him hire a coach, run FA and the draft and then fire him is idiotic.  There is no other side to that argument.

What we can praise CJ for is recognizing his first mistake and not compounding it by keeping Mac for another season and having to compete for Douglas with other teams next off season.  Lets hope he now takes a big step back from the organization and lets Douglas run this thing.

The beat writers were wrong - who cares.  Unfortunately their job is to get clicks and interactions and calling the Jets a circus does that.

Good points except possibly that last paragraph.  I don't really know what they said but if they criticized the Jets for what you wrote in the 2nd paragraph than I take no issue with it.

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

2.  Picked Sam Darnold.

SAR I

Ordered the trade up and drafted Sam Darnold.

Do you have a free night or something to post this drivel to entertain yourself for a few hours making up the responses?  Its pretty crazy that you have zero actual football input on any of the other threads, but start idiotic things like this and respond to everyone.  

When will you start praising CJ for PSL Gold?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Good points except possibly that last paragraph.  I don't really know what they said but if they criticized the Jets for what you wrote in the 2nd paragraph than I take no issue with it.

The writers said the timing was bad - which isnt true.  Its uncommon, but not bad in any way.

Not only did the Texans also just fire their GM, but the Chiefs did the same thing with Dorsey (after the draft). 

It was the low hanging fruit (like this thread), thats all.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Ordered the trade up and drafted Sam Darnold.

Do you have a free night or something to post this drivel to entertain yourself for a few hours making up the responses?  Its pretty crazy that you have zero actual football input on any of the other threads, but start idiotic things like this and respond to everyone.  

When will you start praising CJ for PSL Gold?

So you actually think that when the biggest team decision in the last decade was made our CEO was on a pool float in the Caribbean while Mike Maccagnan was working autonomously with the Indianapolis Colts to move up to #3 in the entire draft?

And furthermore, you actually think that when the Jets were on the clock and Sam Darnold was sitting there that it wasn't Christopher Johnson's decision to take him? 

Do you own your own business?  Or do you report to someone that ultimately reports into a CEO?  I ask because it doesn't appear that you know what CEO's actually do.  CEO's set the strategy, CEO's make the big decisions, CEO's know everything because they are running everything.

SAR I

On a ice cold night, once hit a patch of black ice, skidded totally out of control across several lanes of traffic and into oncoming traffic. Did not one but 2 360s. And at the end found myself at a full stop at the red light perfectly in my original lane of traffic without having hit anything nor anyone, nor any damage. That's this off season; wound up where it absolutely should be, but that was less a plan than  a happy Bob Ross-type accident. 

And at this point if you bother to read Manish Mehta, that's on you. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

So you actually think that when the biggest team decision in the last decade was made our CEO was on a pool float in the Caribbean while Mike Maccagnan was working autonomously with the Indianapolis Colts to move up to #3 in the entire draft?

And furthermore, you actually think that when the Jets were on the clock and Sam Darnold was sitting there that it wasn't Christopher Johnson's decision to take him? 

Do you own your own business?  Or do you report to someone that ultimately reports into a CEO?  I ask because it doesn't appear that you know what CEO's actually do.  CEO's set the strategy, CEO's make the big decisions, CEO's know everything because they are running everything.

SAR I

This is what it's really all about for SAR I.  Bragging that he owns/runs a business.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

SAR I

Did Mac ultimately get sign off on the trade from CJ - yes of course.  Thats VERY different from a non-football person ordering the trade.  Did CJ decide whether to give up 3 seconds vs a 1st in 2019?

Did CJ pour through the scouting reports and attend Sam's pro day?   Did CJ demand that we use an official visit for Sam after attending the combine?

You act like this is a regular business where the CEO works his way up through either the industry or the company.  CJ was waltzing around NYC until woody went overseas.  He wasn't brought up in football let alone any business whatsoever.  

CJ will prove himself to be a good CEO if he steps aside and lets the smart football people run things.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, to summarize:

Christopher Johnson is a shrewd CEO who knows a thing or two about business and just got the best HC candidate and best GM candidate in the NFL to join a 4-12 also-ran.  And his ingrate fans should flog themselves for believing the BS from the print media who time and time again treat them like the pathetic victims they are.

SAR I

Shrewd GM?  Doubt it. but when he fired MAC, I was a lone wolf applauding him. 

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

This Christopher Johnson we see in public is Clark Kent, the one in SAR's mind is Superman. ?

Not Superman, just a little smart, just a guy who learned from the past and didn't want to repeat it:

The Jets always win meaningless games and screw themselves in the draft the following year.  So he corrected that by aggressively trading up in a QB-rich draft.  Not Superman.  Just smart.

The Jets always get the worst GM candidate available because the incumbent HC is a lame duck rookie.  So he corrected that by going out and hiring the best HC available and one that was an experienced HC who cut his teeth elsewhere.  Not Superman.  Just smart.

The Jets always get the worst HC candidate available because the Jets lose and have no quarterback and thus no hope.  So he corrected that by going out and trading up to get a bonafide franchise quarterback in Sam Darnold to attract coaching talent.  Not Superman.  Just smart.

McCown, Bowles, and Maccagnan were JAG pieces for a rebuild.  Quiet types, won't ruffle feathers, doing an average job while we patiently add some roster pieces.

Darnold, Gase, and Douglas are elite NFL talent, big cogs in a wheel that can lead to a Championship. 

Christopher Johnson executed his strategy perfectly.  If some Jets fans want to play the victim and believe the victim media, have at it, I can't stop you.  But I know what went down and I'm extremely proud of our CEO and how he quickly wrapped up the rebuild and jump-started the ascension to consistent winning.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is what it's really all about for SAR I.  Bragging that he owns/runs a business.  

SAR is no CEO.  Can you imagine actually being a real leader, and yet posting things like hes a bigger fan then other people because he spends more on the team.

PSL GOLD

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Neither.  And I don't need to brag about anything.  You, on the other hand, are doing a very bad joewilly impersonation and it would be cool if you would stop.  You don't add anything to the forum or the conversation by being a bad ventriloquist.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Shrewd GM?  Doubt it. but when he fired MAC, I was a lone wolf applauding him. 

Wasn't there a long thread titled something like "Fire Macc" (before he actually was fired) and it seemed like almost everyone on the forum was for that?

Neither.  And I don't need to brag about anything.  You, on the other hand, are doing a very bad joewilly impersonation and it would be cool if you would stop.  You don't add anything to the forum or the conversation by being a bad ventriloquist.

SAR I

Then why do you constantly remind people what kind of car you drive and how much you spend on PSLs?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

You act like this is a regular business where the CEO works his way up through either the industry or the company.  CJ was waltzing around NYC until woody went overseas.  He wasn't brought up in football let alone any business whatsoever.  

CJ will prove himself to be a good CEO if he steps aside and lets the smart football people run things.

Smart football people?  What smart football people?  The last smart football people we trusted led us to John Idzik, Todd Bowles, and Mike Maccagnan.

How about CJ was born into money but turns out is a smart businessman who knows how to be a CEO and what decisions to make as the leader of an NFL team?  Were these decisions bad?  Was trading up to #3 bad?  Was firing Bowles bad?  Was firing Maccagnan bad?  Was hiring Gase and Williams and Douglas bad?

Someone executed all of this in the past 14 months.  What, you think it was smart football people like Charley Casserly?  How about the answer is very obvious.  How about it was Christopher Johnson.  Not sure why that's so controversial.  He's done a great job.  Let go of your hate and give the man a pat on the back.

SAR I