Whats the word on Jachai Polite, any news for someone stuck in S. Florida?

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL It has been since the NY'er started flooding here in the 70's.   Everything south of Palm Beach is either  Lil NY, or a 3rd world country.

Get north of Sebastian and it's still beautiful 

Indeed, a lovely array of alligator wrestling exhibitions and tornado-ravaged (I hope that’s why they look like that?) trailer park campgrounds. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

The best thing about Fla is concealed carry permits and the Castle Domain law, not to be confused with the Stand your Ground law. Castle Domain law says criminals who break into an occupied dwelling due so at their own risk and the homeowner has no criminal or civil liability when they defend their home.

Kind of shocking that everyone doesn’t have the Castle Domain law 

i mean do we actually need a law for that 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Florida is the unattended grease trap of the American kitchen. It is the P-trap of the American sink. It is the clogged drainage ditch of the American superhighway. The grisly drain on the floor of the American morgue.

Subway Creatures, enough said.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve never seen him listed at 235. 245 is the lightest I’ve seen. His dumbass gained weight before the combine, showed up at 258 and looked like he was running in mud with rubber boots on. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Curious though, since you agree that he did get the advice to put on weight for reasons you've stated above; do you think that combine was truly indicative on his athletic profile?  As someone who watched his entire college career, I think there is validity to the fact he put on weight, his body couldnt handle it hence the injuries and poor performance at the combine at that weight.  I've quoted Grantham before claiming he's right behind Ware and Houston from a twitch perspective. 

Not that I disagree with your overall assessment on his weight at the NFL level, I was shocked by the pick but have warmed up to it because of what I saw from him in college.  I'm just kind of curious because it seems as though you're acknowledging the purposeful weight gain but ignoring what he did at the weight he played at in college that didnt hold him back in the SEC.

And comparing him to Darron Lee isnt fair.  Darren Lee could never play Football.  Polite can. 

If you watched his interview after being drafted he was asked what weight he played at last year for FL. His answer was 235lbs. 

Then he proceeds to gain weight for the combine and forgets how to put one foot in front of the other. Realizing he had a terrible combine he still has over a month to train for his pro day.....and what does he do. He runs even slower. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Indeed, a lovely array of alligator wrestling exhibitions and tornado-ravaged (I hope that’s why they look like that?) trailer park campgrounds. 

Yep your right TOm, life in Florida is hell.  Took a few days off for Independence Day.  Tuesday put the kayak on the truck, drove 15 mins. to the river, caught 8 trout, and 4 redfish.  Yesterday  drove 35 mins to the ocean, fished 4 hours in the surf, caught 8 snook.  2 over 40".

This morning I walked to the fresh water pond that borders my property in about 30 seconds.  Caught 4 bass in a half hour.

The Redfish are going to hit the grill by the pool in about 3 hours.  It's a horror I tell ya.

Except for my annual pilgrimage up to see the Jets once a year, you couldn't get me to move back to the NY area if you put a gun to my head.  LOL 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yep your right TOm, life in Florida is hell.  Took a few days off for Independence Day.  Tuesday put the kayak on the truck, drove 15 mins. to the river, caught 8 trout, and 4 redfish.  Yesterday  drove 35 mins to the ocean, fished 4 hours in the surf, caught 8 snook.  2 over 40".

This morning I walked to the fresh water pond that borders my property in about 30 seconds.  Caught 4 bass in a half hour.

The Redfish are going to hit the grill by the pool in about 3 hours.  It's a horror I tell ya.

Except for my annual pilgrimage up to see the Jets once a year, you couldn't get me to move back to the NY area if you put a gun to my head.  LOL 

FWIW, you’re by far my favorite Florida entity, my friend ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, aagarcia said:

Unfortunately NYC has become a literal cesspool of garbage.  Every block has become, if possible, filthier. It had gotten better under Giuliani but has now reached disgusting levels. And being ruled by leftist liberals who tax you up the arse but don't make substantial improvements in the lives of NYC residents. Sorry but I'll take S. Florida any day

Don't judge New York by the city. It's so much more than that. The city is like S. Florida to me. A great place to stay short term, but then back to the island or upstate.

3 hours ago, genot said:

Lol. Im not talking about Florida as a state to settle down in, long term. But sh.., hang out on Las Olas Blvd, or Citi place on a thursday night or any of the state colleges and you'll learn to love the one aspect of S. Florida life, that's undeniably attractive.

Then go a few blocks either way and it’s a ghetto shithole. Las Olas overpriced the ghetto out of it so you pay to have one nice block. 

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Then go a few blocks either way and it’s a ghetto sh*thole. Las Olas overpriced the ghetto out of it so you pay to have one nice block. 

So true. Same is true in Delray Beach on a stretch of Atlantic Ave. Lake worth, with worth Ave, lake Ave, and Lucerne

New York City smells like a urinal .   I don't know how anyone lives in that sh*thole.  This coming from New York Resident - Mahopac ,NY.   You have to live in Ny , just stay out of the city. Only good thing about New York is the pizza. 

.    Florida has the worse pizza , and bagels .      

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

New York City smells like a urinal .   I don't know how anyone lives in that sh*thole.  This coming from New York Resident - Mahopac ,NY.   You have to live in Ny , just stay out of the city. Only good thing about New York is the pizza. 

.    Florida has the worse pizza , and bagels .      

I grew up in Mahopac. It’s a sh*thole painted to look like a suburb.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And in lots of areas down south, people with more money that god

4 hours ago, genot said:

So true. Same is true in Delray Beach on a stretch of Atlantic Ave. Lake worth, with worth Ave, lake Ave, and Lucerne

eh, N Atlantic gets sketchy but anywhere south of 95, down to A-1A is immaculate and expensive as can be.

I'd live anywhere on Swinton 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

eh, N Atlantic gets sketchy but anywhere south of 95, down to A-1A is immaculate and expensive as can be.

I'd live anywhere on Swinton 

Some parts of Swinton are okay. there' a big co-ed drug rehab there though, and that gets real sketchy. Reminds me of Jamaica Estates. Real nice. If you drive out of there, and hit Jamaica Blvd, be real careful, and pray alot. I'm referring to New York, if you haven't lived there.

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Some parts of Swinton are okay. there' a big co-ed drug rehab there though, and that gets real sketchy. Reminds me of Jamaica Estates. Real nice. If you drive out of there, and hit Jamaica Blvd, be real careful, and pray alot. I'm referring to New York, if you haven't lived there.

Im well aware of NYC, lived their most of my life, only in Boca Raton for 5 years

32 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I go because I like PUSSY

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

I've done a lot of dumb stuff for that...  traveling 1700 miles isn't 1 of them.

Saddest exchange of 2019, no question. I have to pop a Xanax after reading this. Just devastating 

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2019 at 9:36 PM, T0mShane said:

The good news is that if Polite is a dog, Gase and Williams and Douglas will get rid of him. You couldn’t say that with the previous regime.

Break out the old “if you cut him he will be picked up by the Pats and become All Pro” threads. 

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/07/jets-top-20-will-jachai-polite-blossom-into-long-awaited-edge-rushing-star.html

Jets Top 20: Will Jachai Polite blossom into long-awaited edge rushing star?

Updated 6:42 AM; Today 6:30 AM

By Matt Stypulkoski | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Jets will report to training camp on Wednesday, July 24 to kick off the 2019 season.

In the 20 days leading up to training camp, NJ Advance Media will be counting down the 20 most important players for the 2019 season.

That is: the players that will be the most important to the team’s success this upcoming season.

Checking in at No. 19 is a rookie with a high ceiling, but also comes with plenty of risk ...

No. 20: CB Brian Poole

No. 19 ...

WHO: Jachai Polite

POSITION: Outside linebacker

YEAR: 1st

HOW HE DID IN 2018: On the field, Polite was a savage playmaker. He led all of college football with six forced fumbles and saw a huge leap forward in other statistical categories, too. Last year marked his first with double-digit sacks after just two apiece in his first two college seasons. But he also was benched for a series early in the year for a violation of team rules and had some other offseason issues later on, too (which we’ll get to in a moment.)

STATS (college): 13 games, 11 sacks, 19.5 tackles for loss, six forced fumbles, four pass breakups.

CONTRACT: Entering first year of four-year, $4.27 million deal

WHY HE’S IMPORTANT: By all accounts, Polite was a first-round talent who the Jets scooped up in the third round because of all his off-field red flags. As mentioned earlier, he was briefly benched for his behavior last season. Then he followed that up with a catastrophic NFL Combine, where his measurables were terrible and his interviews went even worse. That was enough to scare a lot of teams off. But former general manager Mike Maccagnan couldn’t pass over him in the third round because the tape was just too alluring.

If Polite manages to bring the same between-the-lines performance from last season to the NFL level, he’ll be in great shape – and could completely revamp the Jets’ defense in the process. After all, this team has been looking for a legitimate edge-rush threat since John Abraham. That’s not to say Polite will ever hit that same level, but he at least has the potential to give the Jets a valuable playmaker at that spot for the first time in a while – especially in a Gregg Williams defense that thrives on aggression and should play well to Polite’s impressive explosiveness and speed. But all of that hinges on the between-the-ears stuff for Polite. He can’t get sidetracked by nonsense. Frankly, his season – and career – could go one of two ways for the Jets. But his upside and the impact he could have on this defense is high enough that he’s certainly among the top players to watch entering this season. If he can crack the lineup and start producing, odds are that means the Jets’ defense has been strengthened significantly as a position of need.

HE SAID IT: They took a chance with me. I have great people around me in the locker room [with the Jets]. I’m surrounded by great people, so I have no choice but to change and be great.” – Polite on fitting into the Jets’ culture

Matt Stypulkoski may be reached at mstypulkoski@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @M_Stypulkoski. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

• Sympathy 1

On July 4, 2019 at 5:14 PM, T0mShane said:

I grew up in Mahopac. It’s a sh*thole painted to look like a suburb.

Thanks Tom Shane for moving, and increasing my property value. Get the riffraff out of my town, and to NY sh*tty .      I'm not judging you , and I'm  glad you found your happiness in Greenwich village.

Edited by Raideraholic