Why do some fans hate the Jets?

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The hilarity lies in that joewilly just doesn't seem to get how his constant stream of posts about the male physique and T0m's sexuality could possibly be construed as him being "gay".

But, hey, if you don't get it that's cool. Some people think Jeff Duhnam is funny, and I don't get them, either.

All in all, though, a thread debating the merits of joking about joewilly's cluelessness or Jeff Dunham's "comedy" would be better than one about thin-skinned a$$holes shaming others for not automatically believing that everything the Jets do is the greatest thing evar and everything is roses, rainbows, and kittens.

Some threads deserve to be derailed.

^^

Even @joewilly12 himself upvoted this post, which means that even after all the jokes and the bullsh*tting, he gets it. At the end of the day, he understands what it's like to be a fan of the NY Jets, and he understand what it is we do here, and I love him for it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

^^

Even @joewilly12 himself upvoted this post, which means that even after all the jokes and the bullsh*tting, he gets it. At the end of the day, he understands what it's like to be a fan of the NY Jets, and he understand what it is we do here, and I love him for it.

Joe is also pumped with lithium involuntarily 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe is also pumped with lithium involuntarily 

No i'm not and never have been. 

25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And cock, apparently.

Seems you have the real issue here, the ones we joke about. 

You must have done quite well on George St while attending Rutgers. 

Do you still have your Rutgers knee pads. 

38 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^

I joke with others about various topics some take it a little far and like to assume or personally attack and make wrongful slanderous accusations about others here. I understand the deal and understand the types of people and personalities here. Its a football message board that takes sh*t a little too far sometimes. When all the smoke clears I know I was joking with others and meant no harm to anyone. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I joke with others about various topics some take it a little far and like to assume or personally attack and make wrongful slanderous accusations about others here. I understand the deal and understand the types of people and personalities here. Its a football message board that takes sh*t a little too far sometimes. When all the smoke clears I know I was joking with others and meant no harm to anyone. 

558E9913-3C40-4743-89FD-9C69C1D9161A.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Are all threads presumed to start off "on the rails" such that derailing is even possible?

There do seem to be an awful lot of gtay references from JoeWilly.  For one who professes never to have had a gay thought how is that even possible unless he has been posting without thinking?

latest?cb=20140805055410

The universe just keeps on throwing us these and other questions.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Who are you talking about exactly?  I'm just not seeing some group of consistent negative posters worth such a whining thread.  

Do you lack control over your own thoughts?  If not, why do you care so much if someone else has "doubt".  If you don't, hearing that someone else does shouldn't affect you, or matter to you at all, really.  

Absolutely true.  Bell and Mosely were great signings.  Is there some group of posters decrying these signings that I am unaware of?

I would wager almost every Jets fan on this site is looking forward to seeing Darnold play and seeing where he is in his development.  And I'd go further and wager that the vast majority are optimistic that Darnold will be better than last year.

What exactly do you want, what is the actual complaint here?  Does this boil down to "boo, why can't you think Darnold is as amazing and awesome and dreamy as I do?".  If so, again, perhaps you care far too much about what other people think.  We'll all get to see Darnold's progression soon enough, and how he does as a very young 2nd year NFL QB.

Again, I'm not aware of any meaningful posters who are not "optimistic" about where we are now vs. the recent past, and how we may do in the 2019 season.  I know I am optimistic and looking forward to seeing our team play.  

Is the problem for you a lack of optimism, or that some posters are still engaging in analysis and are hence not optimistic "enough" for YOU, because in their analysis they may still see weaknesses or issues?  Sounds like maybe you just don't like discussion that isn't just homer platitudes tbqh.

He's not Ozzie Newsome, that's true.  He's Joe Douglas, a VERY well respected guy who has never GM'd before.  No reason to be critical of his hire, it's a great hire.  As is the Savage hire.  With that said, also no reason (yet) to pronounce Douglas as good or better than Ozzie (a HOF-level GM).  Again, what's the issue here really?

All true. 

Also true that each of those things when viewed with even a minor bit of objectivity, have risks and concerns worthy of discussion.  Not going to lay them all out here, but discussing, for example, Gase's history as a Head Coach and manager of QB's does not make one a bad fan or somehow sh*tting on your parade or something. 

Even if they were, so what?  Are you incapable of forming your own opinions?  So what if some folks want to focus on the could-go-wrongs, that shouldn't affect you at all unless your "optimism" is really just shallow and empty hot air.  Beat doubters with facts, not whining.

I think we're all optimistic. 

But you're not the judge of how optimistic we all have to be to meet some arbitrary standard you set, nor are you the judge of how much (if any) analysis or criticism or the like is acceptable.  We're all here to talk about the Jets.  Last I checked, we haven't won the last six Super Bowls, so criticism and analysis have the same place in discussion as optimism.

Maybe stop being a whiner, and just BE optimistic, and counter the "not-optimistic-enough" folks with solid, well thought out, factually accurate arguments......instead of whining about why not everyone is a awesome a fan as you are?  

I've loyally followed the Jets for most of 40 years now.  Who the hell are you to tell me, or anyone else, that we hate the Jets or how to be a Fan?

You must follow another sight I'm completely unaware of.

55 minutes ago, EM31 said:

There do seem to be an awful lot of gtay references from JoeWilly.  For one who professes never to have had a gay thought how is that even possible unless he has been posting without thinking?

Its definitely the company I keep here and those that attack me causing me to make those references not meant to be harmful or offensive to anyone. Some make some really bad references thats not cool. 

@T0mShane @BROOKLYN JET @Spoot-Face its all their fault, now i'm not saying they are gay but it seems they do an awful lot of talking about it. 

gay
/ɡā/

adjective

1. 1. 
    (of a person) homosexual (used especially of a man).
    "the city's gay and lesbian people"
    •  

2. 2. 
    DATED
    lighthearted and carefree.
    "Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"
    synonyms: cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, lighthearted, mirthful, jovial, glad, happy, bright, in good spirits, in high spirits, joyful, elated, exuberant, animated, lively, sprightly, vivacious, buoyant, bouncy, bubbly, perky, effervescent, playful, frolicsome;More

•  

noun

1. 1. 
    a homosexual, especially a man.
    synonyms: homosexual, lesbian, gay person, lesbigay; 
    rareinvert, homophile, Uranian;
    informalqueen, femme, friend of Dorothy; 
    offensivequeer, homo, pansy, nancy, bumboy, nelly, dyke, lez, lezzie, lesbo; 
    offensivepoof, poofter, ponce, jessie, woofter, shirtlifter, bender; 
    offensivecupcake, swish, twinkie; 
    offensivewonk;
    offensivemoffie; 
    offensivebatty boy, batty man
    "in Denmark gays can marry in church"

35 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Are all threads presumed to start off "on the rails" such that derailing is even possible?

latest?cb=20140805055410

The universe just keeps on throwing us these and other questions.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t enjoy coconut-oil Nuru massages from emaciated tween Latinx lady-boys.

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I read the first sentence and I knew this entire thread was guff. There is no rationalization? This team has a history of making the very worst decisions to the point of being laughingstocks. I sh*t on this team because they have EARNED 100% of the disrespect they get. I'm a Jets fan and I always will be, but please tell me who the hell are you to be preaching to us about fandom?

Coming from Mr. Negative himself..shocking.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^

I love you too man/woman just not in a bad way in a good NY Jets way. 

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Hahahahahahahahaaaaa so funny.

Ha.

Would you rather laugh a little, or have @Spoot-Face @joewilly12 and @T0mShane trying to prove they are “proper Jets fans” by discussing the merits of resigning Morris Claiborne to shore up our secondary with @Jetster ?

I’d rather laugh.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Would you rather laugh a little, or have @Spoot-Face @joewilly12 and @T0mShane trying to prove they are “proper Jets fans” by discussing the merits of resigning Morris Claiborne to shore up our secondary with @Jetster ?

I’d rather laugh.

Morris Claiborne was our best cornerback last season and should never have been allowed to leave.

Discuss.