Antonio Brown arrives at Raiders camp via hot air balloon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037286/article/antonio-brown-goes-to-raiders-camp-in-hot-air-balloon

Antonio Brown goes to Raiders camp in hot air balloon

Print
  • 0ap3000000923719.jpg
  • By Jeremy Bergman
  • Around The NFL Writer

There may be no more time-honored football tradition than Antonio Brown arriving at training camp via some outlandish vehicle. Over the last few years, Brown had showed up to Pittsburgh Steelers camp in a black-and-yellow Rolls Royce, a 1930 open-top Rolls Royce with a chauffeur in tow and a helicopter.

Behold, A.B.'s latest grand entrance.

Brown announced his arrival to his first training camp with the Oakland Raiders by taking a hot air balloon ride above Napa Valley, per a video released by Oakland.

Float like a butterfly, sting like AB.#RaiderNation X @AB84

"I thought it would be exciting to switch it up. Napa Valley is obviously known for the hot air balloons," Brown said in the clip. "This camp is so important for this team because it's a lot at stake. We kind of have to develop our identity. I think it all starts there with the commitment from guys there and everyone there understanding the reason we there and why they're putting their hand in the pile to make the raiders great again. It starts today."

It's unclear whether A.B. actually dropped into Oakland's camp at the Napa Valley Training Complex via hot air balloon, a maneuver that seems, I don't know, all levels of dangerous and in violation of California balloon code. But it's fun regardless.

After months of blowing hot air on his way out of Pittsburgh, Brown has finally found a way to put it to good use out west.

Just wrapped #Raiders training camp presser w/ GM Mike Mayock & HC Jon Gruden. When asked about @AB84 ‘s hot air balloon arrival Gruden said, “Did he land? Is he ok? That’s all I care about!” Gruden says he expected something crazier than a hot air balloon. @nflnetwork

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

August 6 is when you can Start  scouting your future Jet players - the players who weren't up to the Raider standards,but will do fine with the Jets.

Does that mean you guys are prouder of your four wins last year than we are of our four wins last year? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

August 6 is when you can Start  scouting your future Jet players - the players who weren't up to the Raider standards,but will do fine with the Jets.

I guess Antonio Brown isn't the only one full of hot air.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Ahhh the annual "hope springs eternal" in the preseason sighting of Raiderholic before he disappears back to his cave once the season starts and the Raiders meet everyone's expectations of being a below average team. 

I feel like I should make this annual ritual more useful to me....like every year you show back up to post I should change all the batteries in my smoke detectors or something. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Does that mean you guys are prouder of your four wins last year than we are of our four wins last year? 

What does it have anything to do with last year. ( they aren't playing with last year roster). 

Mike Mayock / Gruden nailed it in Fa , the draft, and in the undrafted Fa market .  Total different team this year , as they added a lot of talent to go with last year talented draft class.( last year rookies will have monster year this year- key, Pj Hall , and M Hurst) .

Btw Put Arden Key down for double digit sack total- even if he's just situational pass rusher

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

What does it have anything to do with last year. ( they aren't playing with last year roster). 

Mike Mayock / Gruden nailed it in Fa , the draft, and in the undrafted Fa market .  Total different team this year , as they added a lot of talent to go with last year talented draft class.( last year rookies will have monster year this year- key, Pj Hall , and M Hurst) .

Btw Put Arden Key down for double digit sack total- even if he's just situational pass rusher

I am shocked that you feel this way!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

BTW none of that means a damn thing until they play the games. Just another story told by a transvestite at story time. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

BTW none of that means a damn thing until they play the games. Just another story told by a transvestite at story time. 

Last year he was ranting about how Khalil Mack was absolutely going to be with the Raiders for 2018 and that they "held all the cards."  He also said Arden Key was the best pass rusher in the 2018 draft.  The guy played all ******* year and got one sack.  That is two less than Frankie Luvu who probably played 1/4 the snaps.  Now he is hyping Key for double digits? Shocking!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Last year he was ranting about how Khalil Mack was absolutely going to be with the Raiders for 2018 and that they "held all the cards."  He also said Arden Key was the best pass rusher in the 2018 draft.  The guy played all ******* year and got one sack.  That is two less than Frankie Luvu who probably played 1/4 the snaps.  Now he is hyping Key for double digits? Shocking!

Yes but awareness is on the rise. 

Best part is this flaming moron was whining the other day for the press to leave him alone.

You cant make it up with this idiot.

Wheres Raiderholic to tell us how this was roster bonding exercise.  

Hope they all learn from it so whoever falls off of this SB like roster will help us even more.

23 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Because your team until if actually plays games blows.  Like it has for years.  And years. 

One playoff year in 17 seasons?  And you're chirping like a Pats fan? 

Team is run by an inbred owner and two TV talking heads.  This makes you run to a Jets board to brag about your insignificant, shltty team

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

No one wants any players from your 8-8 roster

Everything Antonio Brown is doing is for show!!! Wait until the season begins that is when he will fall flat on his face!!! Brown will be surprised to see Gruden will never be like Tomlin and the Raiders will not be in the playoffs like the Steelers. 

How long will it be until he starts asking for a trade out of Oakland??? 

• Thumb Down 1

We will see when the Raiders cuts are made, and how many ex Raider players the Jets pickup .   I'm telling you , your new GM will be All over those players, as he has to upgrade the Jets talent anyway he can.

Is this guy back again,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1