OT - Bills - Mitch Morse

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will win 24-10.  Josh allen will be overwhelmed by greg williams aggressive blits schemes and will turn the ball over.

Its a great game to take the jets and put big money on them.

I'm worried about the Buffalo game, but I'm hoping the energy of Opening Day at home carries the day. 

On the other hand, I feel very confident about the Cleveland game. I think the Jets are going to come out on the Monday Night stage to a playoff-like atmosphere before a crazed crowd, in the new all blacks, and put a beat down on the Browns. That's the game I'm putting my money on.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm worried about the Buffalo game, but I'm hoping the energy of Opening Day at home carries the day. 

On the other hand, I feel very confident about the Cleveland game. I think the Jets are going to come out on the Monday Night stage to a playoff-like atmosphere before a crazed crowd, in the new all blacks, and put a beat down on the Browns. That's the game I'm putting my money on.

I like josh allen alot, but i dont not think at this stage of his career he is an advanced enough passer to handle the gregg williams pressure.

Yes, he will scramble away a few times and pick up some nice chunks on the ground, but hes not going to put together 4 quarters of quality passes to beat this defense.

Now bills d is good so i can see a 10-7 score at half.  But the turnovers will start piling up in the 4th and we will end up winning comfortabley.

And your a total crazy person thinking the browns game is a better bet then the bills game.  Thats not rational thinking.  Brown offense is explosive.  Im not saying we are going to lose, but we have a much better shot beating the bills then the browns.  And the fact u mentioned the color of the uniforms will play a factor is scary.  I take it your not very good at gambling.

• WTF? 1

On 7/31/2019 at 5:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

Buffalo Bills training camp 2019: Mitch Morse in concussion protocol | History of concussions detailed

Updated 10:41 AM; Today 10:02 AM
Offensive lineman Mitch Morse gets timed on an agility drill during Day 5 of Buffalo Bills training camp at St. John Fisher College on Tuesday, July 30, 2019.

Stephen D. Cannerelli | Contributing Photographer

Offensive lineman Mitch Morse gets timed on an agility drill during Day 5 of Buffalo Bills training camp at St. John Fisher College on Tuesday, July 30, 2019.

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

The Buffalo Bills’ offensive line play could be the key to the offense taking the next step as a collective unit in 2019.

That’s why the Bills went out in free agency and made Mitch Morse the highest-paid center in football. Morse, 27, is supposed to be the key component to Buffalo’s revamped offensive line and make life easier for second-year quarterback Josh Allen.

Centers in their prime don’t always hit the market, but the Kansas City Chiefs let Morse go this offseason. Part of the believed reasoning behind the move was due to Morse’s injury history. In his four-year career, Morse has only played a full 16 game schedule once. One of the biggest reasons Morse has missed time throughout his career is due to concussions.

Unfortunately for the Bills, Morse’s concussion history is coming into play early in his Bills tenure. Sean McDermott told the media before Wednesday’s training camp practice that the center is currently in the league’s concussion protocol.

Morse’s first concussion came in a game against the Bills in 2015. He would miss one game before returning to the lineup. In the regular season finale that season, Morse would suffer a second concussion that would knock him out of the playoffs. The center did not suffer any concussions in 2016 or 2017, but would suffer his third NFL concussion in 2018. Morse’s third concussion kept him out of action for five games.

Including today’s practice, Morse has missed three of the Bills’ six training camp practices as the new look offensive line tries to jell before the start of the regular season.

Chris Brown of the Bills noted that the center is currently in step three of the five step plan to return to participation based on the fact that he was taking part in cardiovascular conditioning drills.

At least @MCGAHEE2121 didn't neg this post.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Well hope he gets healthy....on week 2 that is ?

Amazing how the two great OL players we missed out on Morse and Jonah one has a chronic concussion issue the other is out for the year with a chronic shoulder that will affect his entire career 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Week 1 matchup with Buffalo will be interesting.  I was thinking of starting a thread as we get closer to that game but the "trenches" battle is where the game could be won.  Think of it this way...

Bills Offense / Jets Defense

• Bills bring in Morse and upgrade their OLine
  • Jets draft QW, still have Leo, McClendon, Anderson

Jets Offense / Bills Defense

• Bills draft Ed Oliver, make some modest upgrades
  • Jets trade for K. Osemele, sign Kalil

Each team has spent a lot of money and both used their 1st Round picks on their O and D lines.

Jets beat Buffalo, in Buffalo by coming from behind, without Quincy Enunwa & Eli McGuire at RB. So, in the opener Quincy will be back, we added Bell & Montgomery at RB, Crowder in the slot instead of that slug Kearse, hopefully Kalil at Center, KO at LG, Tomlinson wont play I pray, QW in the middle with Leo to test their concussion riddled Center & McCoy is pretty much done...any questions?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like josh allen alot, but i dont not think at this stage of his career he is an advanced enough passer to handle the gregg williams pressure.

Yes, he will scramble away a few times and pick up some nice chunks on the ground, but hes not going to put together 4 quarters of quality passes to beat this defense.

Now bills d is good so i can see a 10-7 score at half.  But the turnovers will start piling up in the 4th and we will end up winning comfortabley.

And your a total crazy person thinking the browns game is a better bet then the bills game.  Thats not rational thinking.  Brown offense is explosive.  Im not saying we are going to lose, but we have a much better shot beating the bills then the browns.  And the fact u mentioned the color of the uniforms will play a factor is scary.  I take it your not very good at gambling.

We scored 27 points on the road in Buffalo without Quincy & McGuire and Cannon at RB. Not scared. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

LOL, you're right, I'm not a very good gambler. Very few are, and you'd be smart to realize that. Believe me, I'm not bragging when I tell you I gambled between $2-2500 per week for years. I bet everything. Horses, football, basketball, baseball, even hockey....

Here's my reasoning with these two games though. I said I'm hoping for the energy of opening day at home to carry us through a game between two evenly matched division rivals in the Buffalo game.

As for the Cleveland game, I'm sure you know I'm a fan of Mayfield, but this will be one week I'm not. The Jets take precedence over him. I understand there's a talent disparity in the Browns favor, but here's where we get into my and your gambling acumen.

The Jets are going to be a home underdog on Monday Night. That's one of the best bets in football historically. 

The Browns will be on the road in what will be an extremely hostile environment very early in a season when they have an unproven HC and a WR who will probably be looking to make the game be about him.

You laughed at the uniform color scheme being a factor, and I agree it's not a major one of course. However, in what is sure to be a frenzied stadium that night, the Jets taking the field at home for the first time in those all blacks will pump them and the crowd up even more. Think Notre Dame and the Green jerseys....

Finally. What better time for the Jets to announce to the NFL that this isn't the same old Jets then this game? The Browns are suddenly an "it" team, and are coming into our stadium, almost a year to the day from when Mayfield and the Browns made that statement on national tv against the Jets. You don't think Darnold, Adams and the rest of this team don't want to return the favor?

Sound reasonable? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Jets beat Buffalo, in Buffalo by coming from behind, without Quincy Enunwa & Eli McGuire at RB. So, in the opener Quincy will be back, we added Bell & Montgomery at RB, Crowder in the slot instead of that slug Kearse, hopefully Kalil at Center, KO at LG, Tomlinson wont play I pray, QW in the middle with Leo to test their concussion riddled Center & McCoy is pretty much done...any questions?

lol.....Lots.  The Jets always find a way to lose at least one game to Buffalo.  Dying for them to change that storyline.  I just see Trumaine Johnson and his gimpy hammy trying to keep up with John Brown running an 80 yard Go route and Josh Allen almost overthrowing it.  Let's not chalk up W's right out of the gate.  I'm confident in the Jets this year....but they need to show us, not tell us.

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

lol.....Lots.  The Jets always find a way to lose at least one game to Buffalo.  Dying for them to change that storyline.  I just see Trumaine Johnson and his gimpy hammy trying to keep up with John Brown running an 80 yard Go route and Josh Allen almost overthrowing it.  Let's not chalk up W's right out of the gate.  I'm confident in the Jets this year....but they need to show us, not tell us.

And I thought that Brown should have been drafted in the FFL. Hell be Allen's Ted Ginn.

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Jets are the better team on both sides of the ball.  They're better at the most important position on the field.  They'll be favored, the pick for that game.

could they still lose?  Of course but we could say that about most matchups, most weeks.  

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Well, if we want a serious shot at the postseason this year then I'd think a home game against one of the weaker division opponents in Week 1 is almost a must-win.

Week 1 is never must win and the only AFC East team that looks weak (things can change) is Miami.  

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The all blacks with black visors is going to put fear into the hearts of the Browns.  Their offense IS explosive and I am hostly nervous about that game, but the all Blacks will be the deciding factor at play. There will be a low hum of evil aggression never felt before in the Jets home crowd and the all black uniforms will be at the source of it all. 

If you can't see that then I can't help you . 

:) 

12 hours ago, varjet said:

I looked at the Buffalo depth chart.

That is not a bad team.  They have alot of talent.  It really will come down to whether Josh Allen can complete passes to WRs.  If he can, it will be tough for the Jets to win.  

Gase & Williams need to watch the tape of Pats vs Bills. They did a great job of FORCING Allen to get rid of the ball sooner than he wanted, he looked terrible in the game. Overthrows, skipping the ball off the grass ect. 

Jets need to win their home games, it's imperative. 

• Upvote 1

Bills secondary can match up one on one with Jets wr's.  Bills plan will be to stop Bell and Tremaine Edmunds is a freak linebacker.   Bills replaced 4 of 5 starters on offensive line, get two new wr's and got frank gore who doesn't age to go along with shady.  If Bills center Morse is healthy Jets will have a tough time getting to allen and allen will be throwing to Beasley all day.  

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Bills secondary can match up one on one with Jets wr's.  Bills plan will be to stop Bell and Tremaine Edmunds is a freak linebacker.   Bills replaced 4 of 5 starters on offensive line, get two new wr's and got frank gore who doesn't age to go along with shady.  If Bills center Morse is healthy Jets will have a tough time getting to allen and allen will be throwing to Beasley all day.  

So you're thinking about 73-6 Bills then?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

How are they stopping Enunwa?  He had a good game against the bills in Buffalo couple years ago

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Gase & Williams need to watch the tape of Pats vs Bills. They did a great job of FORCING Allen to get rid of the ball sooner than he wanted, he looked terrible in the game. Overthrows, skipping the ball off the grass ect. 

Jets need to win their home games, it's imperative. 

Yeah and McDermott and Frazier need to watch the tape of Jets vs Pats. They did a good job of holding the Jets offense with Darnold to 3 pts

14 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

Yeah and McDermott and Frazier need to watch the tape of Jets vs Pats. They did a good job of holding the Jets offense with Darnold to 3 pts

This is not the same Jet offense or inexperienced Sam Darnold. Substitute Le'veon Bell for Cannon. Sub Crowder for Kearse. Sub TY for Eli. Sub KO for Long, sub Beachum for who the hell knows at the end of last year? 

Stupid comment. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

This is not the same Jet offense or inexperienced Sam Darnold. Substitute Le'veon Bell for Cannon. Sub Crowder for Kearse. Sub TY for Eli. Sub KO for Long, sub Beachum for who the hell knows at the end of last year? 

Stupid comment. 

Nor is the Bills offense the same, nor an inexperienced Josh Allen. The Bills offense, other than Allen, McCoy, and the Left Tackle, is ENTIRELY revamped. So the same thing you're knocking him for is essentially the same thing you just said.

Stupid comment.