Sign her up.

edscuba

34 minutes ago, CTM said:

So silly to me that these are hot button topics, if she can do the job she should be welcomed and embraced.

Also, in general men are bigger, stronger and faster than women, top women generally cant compete athletically with top males. (although millenial hipsters and T0m seem to be reversing that pretty quickly.)

I really dont understand why anyone is threatened by the former or finds the latter in anyway controversial.

In this example, is T0m the millennial hipster, or the top woman athlete?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh hell yeah.  USWNT players can only make a max of $260K, and that's if they win the World Cup.  Which only occurs once every 4 years.  And the Women's Pro Leagues have meager pay. 

Meanwhile, the lowest paid Kickers in the league make $495K for a season of work, with the median salary for a starting kicker sitting at about $2.5-$3M.  Huge payday compared to the scratch Women's Soccer players make, even in a country that values its Women's Soccer program.  

Granted, they DO get nice endorsement deals, but only if they're star players, whereas I can't think of any NFL Kickers get sizable endorsement deals.  But yeah, in terms of salary, total financial boon if she got a starting Kicking spot in the NFL.  

Alex Morgan's net worth, when including all her endorsements, is estimated to be about $3M by the way.  15 kickers in the NFL make more than that on an annual basis.  

Right, I was thinking in terms of endorsements. Carli Lloyd is a name, she was basically the MVP of the 2015 women's team, won the Golden Boot or whatever. Seems like she has a networth of around $2 million, so yeah, it would make sense for her to join, I thought maybe she'd have more, although you'd assume she'd start at the lower end of kicker salaries.

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I would sign both Lloyd and Kaepernick if only to watch Staten Island and Suffolk County turn into one massive The Purge of incels and assorted Italians almost overnight. 

16 hours ago, NoBowles said:

If we were willing to let Gino Smith play QB for us, no reason why she can't kick

Jet Nation, thank you.

7 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

:)I think you meant to say any football player, since "soccer" (football to the rest of the world) is a game where you kick the ball in the goal with your foot as opposed to american football where the ball is carried or passed to the goal - handball was taken and throwball or carryball does not have the same ring...

I fully support signing her - the Jets victory created this league, time to take the next step (surprised we did not see Julie Ertz taking a shot)

This is the worst thing I’ve ever read on the internet. 

If you want to get technical. The sport we invented, was called soccer before it was called football. It became football after Association Football. We had Association Football (soccer) and Rugby Football, which just ended up going by Rugby. 

So hush your gums. I’m English and was trying to make sure you Americans knew what I was talking about. 

2 minutes ago, British Jet said:

This is the worst thing I’ve ever read on the internet. 

If you want to get technical. The sport we invented, was called soccer before it was called football. It became football after Association Football. We had Association Football (soccer) and Rugby Football, which just ended up going by Rugby. 

So hush your gums. I’m English and was trying to make sure you Americans knew what I was talking about. 

A nil-nil match is just beautiful. ?

8 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

arlene dickinson no GIF by CBC

I'm sure she can kick it's just this whole woke thing. People start actually putting a little brain power into thinking about something other than themselves and they think it makes them philosophers. Like somehow they've achieved enlightenment due to simple thoughts that are finally starting to leak into their head. It's even funnier when you see some of these woke people talking on tv and they can barely form a coherent sentence.

^not woke

Football teams have reached out to Carli Lloyd after 55-yard field goal

August 22, 2019 | 8:43pm | Updated 

Hey Jets, were you watching? Because Carli Lloyd is listening.

Days after the USWNT star went viral for kicking field goals at a joint Eagles-Ravens practice, Lloyd said she’s had some interest in her abilities. Hitting a 55-yarder will do that for you.

“There’s been some interesting chatter about it,” she told Sports Illustrated’s Planet Futbol TV. “I think anything is possible.”

While Lloyd was simply trying to outdo Jake Elliott and Justin Tucker’s personal bests of 61 yards — she just missed a 57-yarder — the conversation has definitely taken her by surprise.

“It’s been really interesting because for me, I’m just an athlete, I’m a competitor,” she said. “For so many other people, they’re starting to think, will there ever be a female in the NFL at some point? I think we’re kind of at that crossroads as far as equality and just women empowerment, so you’re kind of being in the crosshairs of that.”

Plenty of NFL teams are already in the market for consistent kickers — the Jets were in trouble even before Chadler Catanzaro’s retirement this month — but Lloyd isn’t exactly ready to sign up for a new sport just yet.

“I’ve definitely gotten some inquiries and definitely got some people talking,” she said. “Anything is possible, but right now I’m strictly a soccer player. We’ll see what the future holds.”

On 8/21/2019 at 6:52 PM, SAR I said:

"The NFL announced today that all players will be required to wear breasts as part of their uniforms beginning in the 2020 season.  "I'm pleased to see that we will all have a similar and genderless body type with which to compete on the grid of iron." said Carly Lloyd, the Jets placekicker who went 30-40 with a crucial miss in the AFC Championship Game, a miss she attributed to "lady problems".  It is unclear if the NFL will be mandating that for all players next season."

SAR I

At least spell her name correctly in your fake quote. 

• Upvote 1

It’s awesome she made the kick in the video. She is a hell of a lot more talented than most. If she can do that with pads on and 300lb men bearing down on her with a 2 step run up to the ball then I’ll be excited. I don’t care if she can make a 100 yard FG with that 7 step run up, it’s meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I feel like if this was 3-4 weeks ago when camps were opening, someone would have legit brought her in for a tryout... Even if it was just a PR stunt in the Mets-Sign-Tim-Tebow vein...

But now that we're closing in fast on the regular season I'm not sure if anyone will do anything more than invite her to the last few days of camp.

We have female referees and female coaches.  A female player will happen at some point.  I just watched a little girl pitch in the Little League World Series last week.  Meritocracy my friends.  Supply and demand.  If she can kick better than the other guys you have on the roster then sign her up.  No favors, no rule bending, and she wouldn't want it that way.  Let her face a rush of 300 lb. dudes and have to operate under the time pressure and in the competitive environment that NFL football is.

As for tackling in the case of a blocked kick, etc. I don't think she'd look any worse than Cam Newton in the Super Bowl or Antonio Cromartie against Shonn Greene.

fraidycam.0.gif.81f34051498b764af02bfacf0eadc7f5.gif

5kkln4.gif.69baf2189419c21448de69259430182b.gif

49 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We have female referees and female coaches.  A female player will happen at some point.  I just watched a little girl pitch in the Little League World Series last week.  Meritocracy my friends.  Supply and demand.  If she can kick better than the other guys you have on the roster then sign her up.  No favors, no rule bending, and she wouldn't want it that way.  Let her face a rush of 300 lb. dudes and have to operate under the time pressure and in the competitive environment that NFL football is.

As for tackling in the case of a blocked kick, etc. I don't think she'd look any worse than Cam Newton in the Super Bowl or Antonio Cromartie against Shonn Greene.

fraidycam.0.gif.81f34051498b764af02bfacf0eadc7f5.gif

5kkln4.gif.69baf2189419c21448de69259430182b.gif

I bet she can tackle better than Vernone Gholston

• Haha 1