Patriots Safety Chung caught with cocaine?

Mike135

23 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’d say more then 50% of NFL fans do cocaine on occasion, or did when they were partying during their HS/college/20’s.

Adderal is basically cocaine in a pill, and I’d estimate 20% of the NFL players have a Dr. script for it, and another 20% take it without one hoping not to get caught since it’s out of your system in like 24-48 hours.

50% is WAY too high.

• Upvote 3

If this were real ,it's  not even a big deal.

People have been trained to hear the words illegal, or drugs and just gasp disapproval and judgement. If someone wants to alter their brain chemistry,  it's no one else's  business. The legal system just wants something else to get you in trouble for, which in turn makes them more money.. fines etc.. 

All the junk food in the supermarket  is just a slower version  of drugs.  But you're allowed to keep shelling out money for it and  have a guilty conscience. Youre allowed o be a mindless drone..but only on govts legal terms.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If all drugs were legalized it would be beneficial to our society. The Pats fan is right. Him doing/having cocaine doesn't hurt anyone but himself.

I hear you and mean not to be argumentative....

I am simply not arguing about the efficacy or sufficiency of drug laws, that was not my point.

In my post I specifically stated that cheating and skirting the law is now being normalized and Pats fans (and even some of us) can't see this.

I want you to know that........

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MORALIZING ABOUT DRUGS!!

Whether or not you believe that a law is unjust is simply not relevant.  As citizens if we have a problem with certain laws we have avenues to deal with unjust laws including but not limited to noncompliance.

But to act like.....'well breaking narcotic laws and the resultant societal damage is just no big deal or "doesn't hurt anyone" (think of the outrageous US male suicide rate here),........

Well you and I just have to disagree.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If all drugs were legalized it would be beneficial to our society. The Pats fan is right. Him doing/having cocaine doesn't hurt anyone but himself.

I have to disagree with you. The buying/selling of cocaine and that business is not harmless by any means. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

I’d say more then 50% of NFL fans do cocaine on occasion, or did when they were partying during their HS/college/20’s.

Adderal is basically cocaine in a pill, and I’d estimate 20% of the NFL players have a Dr. script for it, and another 20% take it without one hoping not to get caught since it’s out of your system in like 24-48 hours.

Pretty sure Adderall is a lot closer to meth than coke. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I am simply not arguing about the efficacy or sufficiency of drug laws, that was not my point.

In my post I specifically stated that cheating and skirting the law is now being normalized and Pats fans (and even some of us) can't see this.

Whether or not you believe that a law is unjust is simply not relevant.  As citizens if we have a problem with certain laws we have avenues to deal with unjust laws including but not limited to noncompliance.

But to act like.....'well breaking narcotic laws and the resultant societal damage is just no big deal or "doesn't hurt anyone" (think of the outrageous US male suicide rate here),........

Never mind what the traffickers are doing to people in their countries to get it here. To say it hurts no-one is an understatement. Look at the homicide rates at the countries where is it is exported from and thru.

You make it legal it may help clean up parts of the business and help the people living there but again for now it is illegal

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I’m going to suggest that...nope...not getting into it. 

Chrystal meth for all!!! Society wins!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

I have to disagree with you. The buying/selling of cocaine and that business is not harmless by any means. 

What we have here, so far as we know, is an individual who was high on cocaine and possessed some for personal use. As I said, it is only harmful to him. I did not say it was harmless.

Not sure where you got that from.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

wow that is way off read the below 25% of Americans might be too high a number

https://www.stopcocaineaddiction.com/Cocaine-statistics.htm

• 1 out of 4 Americans between the age of 26 and 34 has used cocaine in their lifetime.
  • According to a 1985 report by the Minnesota Institute for Public Health and drug prevention resource center, 5,000 adults in the United States try cocaine for the first time each day.
  • Today it is estimated that 22 to 25 million people have tried cocaine at least once. Conservative estimates indicate that there are over two million cocaine addicts in the United States today.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What we have here, so far as we know, is an individual who was high on cocaine and possessed some for personal use. As I said, it is only harmful to him. I did not say it was harmless.

Not sure where you got that from.

Your argument is that it's his body, his choice. And unless he grew it and processed it himself, he bought it somewhere-- and that is an ugly business and harms a lot of people, and may even affect several countries. So no, it is not only harmful to him. 

5 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Never mind what the traffickers are doing to people in their countries to get it here. To say it hurts no-one is an understatement. Look at the homicide rates at the countries where is it is exported from and thru.

You make it legal it may help clean up parts of the business and help the people living there but again for now it is illegal

Right - if drugs were legal it would cripple violent drug cartels, create legal industry, generate tax revenue that could be used to treat health issues resulting from use, reduce the prison population, and save billions of tax dollars wasted on the failed drug war. Legal drug industry would be regulated and there would be much less overdose deaths due to "dirty batches".

The war on drugs doesn't stop a single person from using drugs. It only costs tax payers a crap load of money, fills our prisons and empowers violent, murdering drug cartels.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Your argument is that it's his body, his choice. And unless he grew it and processed it himself, he bought it somewhere-- and that is an ugly business and harms a lot of people, and may even affect several countries. 

It is an ugly business run by violent cartels because it is illegal. If it were legal there are many benefits.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It is an ugly business run by violent cartels because it is illegal. If it were legal there are many benefits.

I completely agree with that except it is indeed illegal so it is not just Chung harming himself. Hopefully one day this dumb war on drugs ends. 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Why?

If you're using PEDs, you're cheating at football.

If you're using cocaine, you're getting high.

PEDs are obviously worse, in football terms.

Let's start with it's a felony posession.  A crime.  Which can not only get you arrested and cause to serve time but it's against the rules that are in every contract.

Move on to coke gets you up, can be cheating.  Just like amphetamines are banned and cheating.  Getting up for a game artificially through illegal drugs enhance performance.  The same principle 

Two days ago a delivery man for Best Buy in Boca Raton doused a 75 year old woman with acetone and lit on fire, killing her.  The reason, he was coked out and wanted to see what would happen.  Hurt no one but himself.  Should be legalized.  

PEDs aren't worse, they're two illegal substances that will get you suspended. 

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, rammagen said:

• 1 out of 4 Americans between the age of 26 and 34 has used cocaine in their lifetime.
  • According to a 1985 report by the Minnesota Institute for Public Health and drug prevention resource center, 5,000 adults in the United States try cocaine for the first time each day.
  • Today it is estimated that 22 to 25 million people have tried cocaine at least once. Conservative estimates indicate that there are over two million cocaine addicts in the United States today.

This study states nowhere which % are NFL fans, and what % of said NFL fans used Cocaine.

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The war on drugs doesn't stop a single person from using drugs. 

I don't believe this at all.

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Right - if drugs were legal it would cripple violent drug cartels, create legal industry, generate tax revenue that could be used to treat health issues resulting from use, reduce the prison population, and save billions of tax dollars wasted on the failed drug war. Legal drug industry would be regulated and there would be much less overdose deaths due to "dirty batches".

Our government is SO good at running things, we want them setting up crystal meth labs and PCP factories and crack mills. And then everyone that is negatively impacted (because there are no negative impacts to being addicted to crystal meth or crack, right) can sue the government. Or MAYBE they privatize it and give it to Big Pharma and then everyone can sue THEM.  Because everyone loves Big Pharma.

And all those tax dollars are going to cure everyone that takes the drugs they are making legally.  Treatment centers work so well now, lets get MORE addicts quickly but build treatment facilities decades down the line.  Or probably never build them, the money will be needed for illegal alien health coverage.  

Making ALL drugs legal may sound like it'll work itself out but making anything more than the pot readily legally available will destroy our society, but that's the way it's going anyway so might as well start the apocalypse now.   

Rant over, you win.  Chrystal meth, PCP, molly, coke, crack, LSD, synthetic whatever for all--sell it at Walmart!!

45 minutes ago, rammagen said:

????????

Source: Patrick Chung’s home in Meredith had an alarm tripped for a B&E. Police show up to check on the home, have probable cause to enter the home, and ultimately end up finding cocaine, leading to the investigation and indictment.

the office laughing GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

I'm  gonna say it...that stat is utter bullsh*t lol. 1 out 4, my ass. 

There'd be cocaine  resin all over the f______ streets.  Police dogs would be going crazy everywhere.

But also if it's  true. It shows how pointless  making drugs illegal is.  

Institute for drug prevention. ... such a useless  organization, with those stats lol.