Jets Cuts

kdels62

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

He has good hands. That’s it. He has no vision or understanding of movement. He’ll catch on as a 3rd back somewhere.

He was decent out of the backfield, and did some decent work in short yardage towards the end of last season.  But not enough to make this team.  

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

I am hoping that the Jets pick up another RB to replace Cannon... Cannon may have the speed but has no vision..

He looked better the last 2 weeks of preseason and he has value on specials. He’s a fourth RB, I’m not concerned about him being a waste of roster space yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I am hoping that the Jets pick up another RB to replace Cannon... Cannon may have the speed but has no vision..

He is our top gunner in punt coverage; led the team in ST tackles last season.  Between Bell, Montgomery and Powell, I don't think the plan is for him to get many reps as an RB.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He plays special teams.. you can't just pick up decent 4th string RBs to sit on your bench the entire game watching Bell, Montgomery and Powell get every touch. 

That's why the likes of Carlos Hyde get cut this time of year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He plays special teams.. you can't just pick up decent 4th string RBs to sit on your bench the entire game watching Bell, Montgomery and Powell get every touch. 

That's why the likes of Carlos Hyde get cut this time of year.

I am not saying to get Hyde... I am hoping for an upgrade for a RB that can play specials and has more upside then Cannon... Cannon is what he is... He is not going to get better as a RB... Not sure why so many people are hurt by my wish that they would upgrade this roster spot ... Geez. If there is not a better option don't do it... but currently he is extremely limited as a RB and can't return kicks or punts because he has no vision and has no ball security,,, 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

McGuire makes sense, I was so high on Polite but it wouldn't shock me to see him cut. I'd like to see him stay for the full year.

If Polite is cut 2 things:

1) There should be a band of Jet Fans with torches and pitch forks go to Mac's house to request some back pay, but thank him for the Cashman pick.

2) Question the new regime as to why we can't even give this kid a qtr or half this season to develop/improve.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want Jachai to be cut just so I can text @JiF for 48 straight hours 

The Jets lose because of fans like you who would rather a player be cut so you can torment another poster rather than see them and the team succeed. It's the fans fault! FANS FAULT! *random noises* ~ Unitedwhoisfans probably

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1