Kalil must be benched

nico002

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Guy hasn't played all preseason and we were up against a good defense. If it continues, by all means, let's pile on. I'm willing to give him a week 1 pass though. 

Yes. With zero preseason snaps, I would give it 1 more game. It also showed badly, how this group did not play together at all preseason. Lets see what develops.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Remember all the cheering when Douglas "convinced" him to un-retire? AHAHAHahahha

I told everyone then  he was shot. I saw him every week he played the last few years for the Panthers.

When everybody here was celebrating Douglas signining him, @joewilly12 pulled up a post from back in APRIL in which I said “stay away” because he was looking for a laugh.

How’s that looking now, Joe? I warned you about him, buddy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Anything to deflect blame from Sam.

Darnold hating trolls like you are unreal. The OL was a crapshow the entire game, yet all you want to do is bash Darnold who was not really that bad at all. Kalil was especially horrible. Darnold will be fine. Go away, it's like we lose and all the Darnold hating trolls scurry out like roaches to threadcrap every topic and continuously bate and inflame the fan base. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Darnold hating trolls like you are unreal. The OL was a crapshow the entire game, yet all you want to do is bash Darnold who was not really that bad at all. Kalil was especially horrible. Darnold will be fine. Go away, it's like we lose and all the Darnold hating trolls scurry out like roaches to threadcrap every topic and continuously bate and inflame the fan base. 

I’m not bashing Darnold. I think he’ll be fine, even though he had a very meh game. He showed some bad habits today, he missed the shots he took, it’s game 1. 

I’m not sure he’s a franchise QB yet and after today I still don’t know if he’ll develop into one.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

What if they only scored 1 TD because Sam played pretty bad? He underthrew a wide open Robby twice. He overthrew him once. He got 6 passes blocked at the line. 

The OL isn’t good. It wasn’t as terrible as people act like it was, especially in the 2nd half.

SMH Talking to you is like talking to the wall .....hello wall

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He was a turd today.

Has done absolutely nothing so far to unseat Harrison.

But they aren’t benching him making $8 million. Could turn out to be the first sh*t move on Douglas’ resume.

No no the first shyt move was cutting Bertolet for Veddick.

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

It’s 1 game and he got better as the day went on.

Actually he didn't.  he got tired as the game went on, had a bad snap in the 4th quarter, and just looked like a confused old man.  We have a player sitting on the bench who played great last 4 games last year, and IMO won the starting job this pre season.  Either they give the better player the start, and it's not even close Harrison was better all pre season, or Gase, like the bum before him, is a BS artist

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Actually he didn't.  he got tired as the game went on, had a bad snap in the 4th quarter, and just looked like a confused old man.  We have a player sitting on the bench who played great last 4 games last year, and IMO won the starting job this pre season.  Either they give the better player the start, and it's not even close Harrison was better all pre season, or Gase, like the bum before him, is a BS artist

Jonothann Harrison wouldn't have changed this game outcome 

that dude also stinks

He wasn't better no one really believes that ...but you maybe and mrs harrison 

everyone who wants to talk about the OL is neglecting the QB left alot of throws on the field today

For example what was 14 was looking at on that last drive ?

if a guy needs 4 seconds to make any kind of play it's not really Franchise time. that's some Mark Sanchez stuff 

68% but everything was checkdown for 170 yards? 

obviously the kicker was the actual reason they lost but

step up and make a play offense 

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Anything to deflect blame from Sam.

That's just not fair.   Gase's O is a 3 step drop, and bang, get the ball short in the middle of the field, and get some after catch yardage.  That's the O he runs.  Today DL were beating Darnold to the 3 step mark.  Both Kalil , and Winters were very bad.  The #1 O didn't have that problem in pre-season.  They looked good.  Give the jobs to the kids who won them

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

that dude also stinks

everyone who wants to talk about the OL is neglecting the QB left alot of throws on the field today

if a guy needs 4 seconds to make any kind of play it's not really Franchise time. that's some Mark Sanchez stuff 

Tell that to one of the best at getting rid of the ball Aaron Rodgers who happened to be under constant pressure against the Bears and put up putrid numbers but his team defense played 60 minutes and won the game.  Sam will be alright, even with all the pressure he did not turn the ball over or close to turn it over like he did last year.  He is progressing and he will not play a top defense every single week.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

that dude also stinks

Bit I honestly have to strongly disagree with you.  If you just want to be a jerk and say "no one really believes that ...but you maybe and mrs harrison"  and play Mr cool.  OK, I misjudged who you are.   I thought you were worth while talking to.  I was wrong

3 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

He is progressing and he will not play a top defense every single week.  

they are the 2019 Bills not the 1986 Bears. Good defense, not top. 

He's regressing... checking down to Bell instead of stepping up and dropping dimes

there's something called a sophomore slump it's what usually happens.

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Bit I honestly have to strongly disagree with you.  If you just want to be a jerk and say "no one really believes that ...but you maybe and mrs harrison"  and play Mr cool.  OK, I misjudged who you are.   I thought you were worth while talking to.  I was wrong

what are you strongly disagreeing based on? Harrison's awesome play for that one month when the season was over? or when preaseson when no one was trying? Everyone knows Kalil is better than Harrison. Even a 70% retired Kalil is better than the backup 

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they are the 2019 Bills not the 1986 Bears. Good defense, not top. 

He's regressing... checking down to Bell instead of stepping up and dropping dimes

there's something called a sophomore slump it's what usually happens.

When you had almost entire game the edge rusher going unblocked how is he going to wait for the play to develop and throw down the field? Just like Rodgers did against the Bears dinking and dunking protecting the ball.   I blame Gase the most for not adapting calling for Darnold to move out of the pocket where he is more comfortable or RB screen to keep them honest.   Did you watched the game where he needed to get rid of the ball in 3 second or less just as soon he was getting a rusher in his face.   Last year under this same exact scenario it would has been multiple picks. 

9 hours ago, DRJETS said:

I blame Gase the most for not adapting calling for Darnold to move out of the pocket where he is more comfortable or RB screen to keep them honest.   Did you watched the game where he needed to get rid of the ball in 3 second or less just as soon he was getting a rusher in his face.   Last year under this same exact scenario it would has been multiple picks. 

I also blame Gase for being an offensive dunce. Jeremy Bates was ranked higher as an OC last year, now we see why. The play calling has zero creativity, the jet sweep motioning rb/wr behind the QB bs is what people thought was innovative 10 years ago 

I did by the way rewatch the entire condensed game last night counting 1 one thousand 2 one thousand 3 one thousand there were at least 3 times where Sam couldn't get to 3 one thousand and that is one the line but the pressure got in his head and by the end he was airmailing balls into zone coverage with no rush also receivers nearby. He looked rattled. 

And let me repeat I blame Gase for all this, he's supposed to be the QB guru, he's supposed to be some sort of genius, the guy is a scared NFL has-been about to get fired from his last chance at being a HC 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I did by the way rewatch the entire condensed game last night counting 1 one thousand 2 one thousand 3 one thousand there were at least 3 times where Sam couldn't get to 3 one thousand and that is one the line but the pressure got in his head and by the end he was airmailing balls into zone coverage with no rush also receivers nearby. He looked rattled. 

which is why sam was throwing off his back foot.  still as young as the rookie qbs and clearly didn't trust his line.

like it or not darnold seems to be much better with herndon playing.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

which is why sam was throwing off his back foot.  still as young as the rookie qbs and clearly didn't trust his line.

like it or not darnold seems to be much better with herndon playing.

Numerous times yesterday I saw on TV i'm sure those at the game noticed when Sam Darnold got in trouble our WR's stopped running routes and turned around and watched the struggle. Good WR's and TE's come back to the football.....fundamentals. 

This group other than Crowder is not good. 

Wide Receiver   (5) 
    81 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska   (WR)    
    11 - Robby Anderson 6'3" 190 Temple (WR)  
    82 - Jamison Crowder 5'9" 177 Duke (WR) (Free Agent Signing) 
    15 - Josh Bellamy 6'0" 208 Louisville (WR) (Free Agent Signing)  
    10 - Braxton Berrios  5'9" 190  Miami (FL) (Waiver Claim from Patriots) (WR)