What is JD Doing?

Skeptable

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nobody knows what he's doing. It's why everyone praising the hire and fellating him based on nothing but the fact that the Jets hired him was pretty dumb. Quite frankly I'm pretty skeptical of anyone that would actually work for this franchise.

If youre skeptical of anyone who would work for the team, literally make millions$$$$ to do so, how you feel about being a fan?  Making nothing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Seriously... Beat writers should be all over this... It has nothing to do with fan forums asshat

Because when we look at the list of unemployed football players out there all the answers to our needs are sitting out there.  

Theres a playoff team of available players who JD should have brought in to have won our first game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why try to fix our problems with band-aids that won't actually fix any of the problems?  Let the 6-10 season happen, people.  Then start going to work in 2020.

Other than Darnold's development, this will be a lost season whether you accept it or not.  

Is it ever OK to expect wins? Like ever? Because for almost the last 10 years I've been told I'm not allowed to do that and I'm wondering when the rules committee will tell me it's OK to do that.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Is it ever OK to expect wins? Like ever? Because for almost the last 10 years I've been told I'm not allowed to do that and I'm wondering when the rules committee will tell me it's OK to do that.

You're a Jets fan, so no.  

If Douglas isn't a good GM, we're f*cked regardless.  Might as well hope he can do the job well.  But for now, Orlando f-ing Scandrick isn't going to fix our problems.  This is currently Macc's mess and we're not going to make actual headway until 2020.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

But if Douglas isn't a good GM, we're f*cked regardless.  Might as well hope he can do the job well.  But for now, Orlando f-ing Scandrick isn't going to fix our problems.  This is Macc's mess and we're not going to make actual headway until 2020.  

Make headway? The team can't kick extra points.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Make headway? The team can't kick extra points.

The Vikings traded a 5th round pick for Kaare Vedvik.  It was worth a shot.  I'm not about to suggest Douglas/Gase are already a failure over that.  Would all of these problems this roster has be dismissed had we won on Sunday?  That game exposed just how depleted this roster is.  Kicker is problem # 27 on our list right now.  

Again, if Douglas sucks, we're screwed for the next 3-5 years anyways.  I'd prefer to assume he has some plan in mind.  Otherwise why even bother caring one iota about this franchise?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not a peep... 

Where is Brandon Marshall... It was apparent when Mosley went down there was nothing behind him? 

Where is Scandrick... Roberts looks as bad as we thought he would look. 

Where is Parkey, Martin, etc etc... Get a Kicker

Where is Pierre garcon... They need another WR that knows how to run routes

I was all for this regime but the Jets need ball players... 

I want to know if he made a serious offer for Clowney. How many teams has he called, inquiring about the availablity of a quality corner. We knew what mac's offer was for mack. I'd like specifics from these people, considering it was essentially a hostile takeover, in my opinion of the front office work.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Vikings traded a 5th round pick for Kaare Vedvik.  It was worth a shot.  I'm not about to suggest Douglas/Gase are already a failure over that.  Would all of these problems this roster has be dismissed had we won on Sunday?  That game exposed just how depleted this roster is.  Kicker is problem # 27 on our list right now.  

Again, if Douglas sucks, we're screwed for the next 3-5 years anyways.  I'd prefer to assume he has some plan in mind.  Otherwise why even bother with this franchise?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

None of these guys are going to make a difference.  When you’re scouring the street for players at several positions after week one it’s a sign that your roster is s**t.  Everyone told me our WR group was good going into this season.  

Not me.  I didn't want to pay Q and also wanted to trade Robby Anderson and people screamed at me.  

To be fair, Crowder looks good and things will get better with Herndon back.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why try to fix our problems with band-aids that won't actually fix any of the problems?  Let the 6-10 season happen, people.  Then start going to work in 2020.

Other than Darnold's development, this will be a lost season whether you accept it or not.  

That is a crock. The team loaded up. Mosely, Crowder, Bell, the the OL whose  name I can't  spell. This wasn't  supposed to be a lost season unless Gase was such a horrible hire, his ineptness trumps all of that. Yeah, my opinion on Gase has dropped considerably. It would be nice to see this freaking O prepared for once. 

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Everyone told me our WR group was good going into this season.  

The whole group, save for Crowder, needs to be overhauled at the end of the season.

Anderson is essentially Donte Stallworth. A one dimensional deep threat who is best suited as a #4 guy who you can bring in for 5-6 plays a game and tell him to run go-routes.

Enunwa is brittle as hell and gets zero separation. I hated that contract extension at the time and I hate it even more now.

Make a move for your boy Tee Higgins in the draft and add another wideout in FA.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

In all fairness to JD. 

JD came in after the draft.

All he has to pick from are UDFA’s, players released from other teams, and has beens who are no longer playing. (Not many good choices)

Douglas has only been here a few months. I believe he’s currently playing the hand he’s dealt. 

Guys if you notice most teams that are contenders have long established coaching and GM positions in their organization. The Jets have been a revolving door everywhere in the organization. 

Most TOP contenders have relatively solid O-lines. I believe this to be critical in having a high powered offensive. Not Rocket science to acknowledge that.

It’s only one game and I personally can’t make any solid judgement on this new coaching staff and GM yet. 

Schedule is tough after the Browns so I’m less hopeful than I was about the Jets prior to the home opener. 

Seems apparent to me that the Jets will need a couple more years with the new regime to get to the promised land. Not sure how long G Williams will stay but I like him. 

Jets are still missing some major pieces to the O and D to be contenders....and most of us knew that.

Right. Facts, and Fundamentals. Some of us know this, some.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not a peep... 

Where is Brandon Marshall... It was apparent when Mosley went down there was nothing behind him? 

Where is Scandrick... Roberts looks as bad as we thought he would look. 

Where is Parkey, Martin, etc etc... Get a Kicker

Where is Pierre garcon... They need another WR that knows how to run routes

I was all for this regime but the Jets need ball players... 

I got 10 butt fumbles for questioning the holy mighty JD. He’s been a scrub so far to me early or not 

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Douglas isn't a good GM, we're f*cked regardless.  Might as well hope he can do the job well.  But for now, Orlando f-ing Scandrick isn't going to fix our problems.  This is currently Macc's mess and we're not going to make actual headway until 2020.  

You know what, I am sick of hearing how this mess is all on Mac. He is gone. You can't  tell me that JD couldn't  even fix the kicker situation and went out and put just about the worst C currently starting in the league on this team because of Mac. Is it so freaking hard to find players who can minimally look competent? I mean I was literally watching rushers come right over the middle like or C was just standing there taking tickets to the QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1