Weekly JetNation Tom Shane YouTube Show

Maxman

17 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Back in the E-46, the fourth generation 3 series days and on 5,X5, 7's and M's it was the matching, or lack there of, all the  Burl Wood etc.interior trim and grain. After the E30 BMW pretty much went to plastic hence relatively junk. BMW's were all about quality, performance and special back then, now almost everyone drives one, least in my neck of the woods.

Anyone can go into a BMW dealer and get the $299 a month 3 Series stripper with vinyl seats, no infotainment, no handling options, no luxury options.  BMW (and Mercedes) aren't Lexus (Toyota) Acura (Honda) Infiniti (Nissan) who have two different brands to differentiate their luxury cars from their base cars.  As such, BMW (and Mercedes) have to use the luxury brand, strip it, and hit a competitive pricepoint.

So not all 3 Series are alike.  You can get a "my daughter has one" $299 grocery getter or you can step up and get the proper configuration, a $600 per month luxury sports sedan.  The $600 version has real leather, real wood, soft-touch passenger surfaces, dual-pane glass, LED headlights, widescreen retina navigation, lowered profiles, adaptive suspensions, etc.

SAR I

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Anyone can go into a BMW dealer and get the $299 a month 3 Series stripper with vinyl seats, no infotainment, no handling options, no luxury options.  BMW (and Mercedes) aren't Lexus (Toyota) Acura (Honda) Infiniti (Nissan) who have two different brands to differentiate their luxury cars from their base cars.  As such, BMW (and Mercedes) have to use the luxury brand, strip it, and hit a competitive pricepoint.

So not all 3 Series are alike.  You can get a "my daughter has one" $299 grocery getter or you can step up and get the proper configuration, a $600 per month luxury sports sedan.  The $600 version has real leather, real wood, soft-touch passenger surfaces, dual-pane glass, LED headlights, widescreen retina navigation, lowered profiles, adaptive suspensions, etc.

SAR I

This is satire, no?

So I took some Tylenol-3 last night for a broken toe and had this lucid dream where I was in a theater with Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams watching The Joker and we were all spooked by Joaquin Phoenix’s mental health, so much so that we felt compelled to leave but we couldn’t because none of us had the money to buy another ticket if we wanted to see the end. Plenty of obvious points of intersection where this scenario and my subconscious bang, but I think it’s ultimately telling me I should seek out and marry Michelle Williams(?)

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So I took some Tylenol-3 last night for a broken toe and had this lucid dream where I was in a theater with Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams watching The Joker and we were all spooked by Joaquin Phoenix’s mental health, so much so that we felt compelled to leave but we couldn’t because none of us had the money to buy another ticket if we wanted to see the end. Plenty of obvious points of intersection where this scenario and my subconscious bang, but I think it’s ultimately telling me I should seek out and marry Michelle Williams(?)

Or, an unending need to continue to slip your personal problems onto a football message board, further supporting the diagnosis of delusions of grandeur.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Still better than Brokeback.

• Upvote 2

On 9/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, Paradis said:

Good times at orchid park. 

1927888_12051385642_874_n.jpg

The best time any Jets fan ever had at a Jets game.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:14 PM, Beerfish said:

01y4TFj.jpg

Don't ask me why I am on my hands and knees.....don't ask me why I am on my hands and knees with a crab..... ?

Crabs: Darnold's second favorite STD.

On 9/25/2019 at 8:04 PM, Ohhthepain said:

I think Tom Shane is extremely uncomfortable and wants this thread to go away 

He revels in the attention

On 9/25/2019 at 9:50 PM, batman10023 said:

you must be rich

:-)

No but he sure plays a mean pinball

On 9/25/2019 at 10:51 PM, sourceworx said:

Since you're all showing your ugly mugs, I guess I'll show mine. #IStandWithT0mShane

FB_IMG_1569444451790.jpg

Doth I perceive mistletoe over her head? Where you at man?

On 9/26/2019 at 12:09 AM, T0mShane said:

Ah. My apologiesmarry me plz

Hashtag me three

On 9/26/2019 at 1:03 AM, Patriot Killa said:

This is craaaaazy! I never knew this. I think SouthernJet and @jgb are son and father too?

Correct

On 9/26/2019 at 5:43 AM, Greenseed4 said:

#idrinkwithT0m

53CAEE48-3A2F-4A3F-A789-F3B5818FE588.jpeg

In a coffin. #JetsFandom

On 9/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, batman10023 said:

son looks like he's been kidnapped and tortured by attending a game last year

jetsgamelol.jpg

The plane on your shirt is aiming the wrong way

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/26/2019 at 7:24 PM, T0mShane said:

I wouldn’t kick him out of bread for eating crackers that’s for sure 

What if he's wearing an Adams jersey while eating biscuits?

On 9/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, Maxman said:

So if you are going to keep posting this stuff we are going to need you to post more often.

Check your email, we are sending over a long term contract with a signing bonus.

Just have Macc write it up so you don't have a lot of dead money if you need to part ways after year 2.

On 9/26/2019 at 7:50 PM, Maxman said:

So it sounds like Tom is definitely out (for the show that is).

Is anyone else interested in doing a weekly video for the site? We need you to record yourself and bring the hot take. We have a producer who will clean the video up and put in the intro and closing. He is professional and really good.

If you are interested email me a short sample to forums@jetnation.com

No offense but please only send something if you are serious. I know we can build this up our YouTube has over 1,000 subscribers and our Facebook page has about 20,000 likes. add the blog and forums in and we will get views. But only send something if you are in this for the long haul please.

Thanks.

I nominate @SAR I. Here's a preview:

On 9/27/2019 at 12:40 AM, Integrity28 said:

1st kid: awake 6 times a night from 3 mos - 13 mos

2nd kid: sleeps thru night since 6 mos

There is no rhyme or reason.

When you do a double shot of Jack before bed and put in ear plugs, all kids sleep through the night.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:11 AM, Paradis said:

Not really, lol

Truthfully that's going back almost 15 years. I'm 40 now, and even more of a pain in the ass

69919827_10163189809265643_2962974637589266432_n.jpg

If you're going to shave your legs, why stop at the ankles?

On 9/27/2019 at 11:01 PM, T0mShane said:

You’ve always been a top contender with The Committee. While we don’t reveal details of the deliberation process, I can tell you that what’s keeping you out of The Big Chair is that the Jets have been bad. I won’t go any further than that.

He is too accurate in predicting the Jets (mis)fortune to ever be captain.

On 9/29/2019 at 4:27 PM, SAR I said:

PSL owners lease their BMW's so we never have concerns such as this.  Our biggest beef is whether or not the stitching on the leather matches the cocoa mats.

SAR I

Real BMW fans buy.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Finally caught up in this great thread. Nice work.

Edit: was going to #standwithtom but don't want to break the internet

Do it. Just don't let your daughter pick the photo, lol. It's all about them when they do...

@RobR I showed her what you did. It made her week.

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Do it. Just don't let your daughter pick the photo, lol. It's all about them when they do...

@RobR I showed her what you did. It made her week.

You're welcome. It was a great movie and you definitely look the part.

I could have used this.

source.gif

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jgb said:

What if he's wearing an Adams jersey while eating biscuits?

Just have Macc write it up so you don't have a lot of dead money if you need to part ways after year 2.

I nominate @SAR I. Here's a preview:

When you do a double shot of Jack before bed and put in ear plugs, all kids sleep through the night.

If you're going to shave your legs, why stop at the ankles?

He is too accurate in predicting the Jets (mis)fortune to ever be captain.

Real BMW fans buy.

That video was priceless and I'm still laughing because I remember those shows. Don't know how you found it but props.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:20 AM, T0mShane said:

You’re trying too hard.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re trying too hard.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

And still failing ...

Excuse me. The webmaster of the largest Jets fan message board on the internet started a thread advertising a non-existent web show starring me and it became The Thread Of The Summer. Hate all you want, but the metrics is the metrics 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Excuse me. The webmaster of the largest Jets fan message board on the internet started a thread advertising a non-existent web show starring me and it became The Thread Of The Summer. Hate all you want, but the metrics is the metrics 

So true Tom. I really can't wait until your first show drops on Monday. On site in Philadelphia Sunday getting footage. I hope the hotel accommodations are nice, have a great time and thanks again for agreeing to do this.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I have it on good authority that this will be a laughing at you, not with you, thing

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So true Tom. I really can't wait until your first show drops on Monday. On site in Philadelphia Sunday getting footage. I hope the hotel accommodations are nice, have a great time and thanks again for agreeing to do this.

I will do us proud, Phillip

• Upvote 1