Who Will Be Gone 2020

Adoni Beast

There’s going to be a huge overhaul next season. Joe D has a pass this season, but next year he has his work cut out for him. So I expect these players will be gone:

- Beachum, Winters, Shell, Khalil, Harrison, Trumaine, Leo, Avery, Jenkins, Robbie Anderson, Enunwa (injury), Powell.

That’s A LOT, not even included more depth players or other potential surprises. Obviously, this is just me guessing. But it seems we are in for quite the long haul rebuild...again.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why folks like @Pac who ran a victory lap over Macc's 2019 offseason pickups had zero long-term view on this roster and how badly Macc has f**ked us.  We need a brand new OL, 2 new WR's, 1-2 EDGE rushers and 3 new Corners with precious few assets with which to acquire those.  

Not to mention, Le'Veon and Crowder will likely be gone after 2021.  Oh, and we'll need to decide what to do with Jamal Adams too.  His 5th year option is coming up in 2021.  

Rather than looking at who will be gone, it's just as effective to look at the key guys under contract who will be locks to be here after 2021:

• QB Sam Darnold
  • OT/G Chuma Edoga
  • TE Chris Herndon (contract expires after 2021 but I expect him to be re-signed)
  • DT Quinnen Williams
  • ILB CJ Mosley

And that's it.  That's our "core".  No one else on the roster is a lock or a key player (at this point I don't put Quincy Enunwa in that category despite his contract). 

Pathetic.  

Lachlan Edwards hehehe

By the way, there's a reason Douglas wanted 6 years

1 minute ago, Joe the Breadman said:

Was in a pretty good mood til I decided to check the board today. What a bad move. Good mood right out the window 

Its amazing how this team year in and year out goes from bad to worse to putrid. The Jets simply cant get a break.

And I said this before, fans have no place to direct their anger. Unless you can contact the injury gods. 

• Thumb Down 3

I have no sympathy for the players, coaches, and owners who make millions while we, the paying die hard sufferers, have to endure the crap they purvey on a yearly basis. Being a fan of the Jets is like living on a steady diet of McDonalds and Spam. You know what product you are buying / getting, and the quality will never change.

• Upvote 3

My question is when does the never ending garbage that the Jets trot into the field end? 

Is this truly the best a team that is representing the premier city in the premiercountry on the planet can be?

I will turn 56 next spring and in my lifetime I can only remember 4 "great" seasons....'86..'98..'09..and 2010. That's it. That's all. 4 seasons. 

What a mess. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

There’s going to be a huge overhaul next season. Joe D has a pass this season, but next year he has his work cut out for him. So I expect these players will be gone:

- Beachum, Winters, Shell, Khalil, Harrison, Trumaine, Leo, Avery, Jenkins, Robbie Anderson, Enunwa (injury), Powell.

That’s A LOT, not even included more depth players or other potential surprises. Obviously, this is just me guessing. But it seems we are in for quite the long haul rebuild...again.

Not sure I understand your logic on Anderson.  For a team with virtually no offensive playmakers why let him walk?  You put him opposite a legit WR1 along with Crowder and that's a decent group for Sam...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

My question is when does the never ending garbage that the Jets trot into the field end? 

Is this truly the best a team that is representing the premier city in the premiercountry on the planet can be?

I will turn 56 next spring and in my lifetime I can only remember 4 "great" seasons....'86..'98..'09..and 2010. That's it. That's all. 4 seasons. 

What a mess. 

Since 69 I believe the jets have won the division 4 times. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don't agree with you on: Harrison, Leo, Avery, Jenkins, Robbie Anderson.  I agree that Beachum, Winters, Shell, Khalil, Truman, Enunwa and Powell will be gone.

Remember, we can't replace everyone after just one year.  Harrison has proven to be decent, Leo, while not proved to be the high 1st round pick we thought he would be, is still a good player IMO.  Avery will be back next year.  I happen to like Jenkins and see him continuing to develop for us.  Robbie Anderson will only be gone if we can get 2 wide receivers better than him.  Since we have to replace Enumwa with a #1 wide receiver, and we have to fill all the holes on the offensive line, and we need a cornerback, I don't see us getting rid of Anderson next year.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Alka said:

I don't agree with you on: Harrison, Leo, Avery, Jenkins, Robbie Anderson.  I agree that Beachum, Winters, Shell, Khalil, Truman, Enunwa and Powell will be gone.

Remember, we can't replace everyone after just one year.  Harrison has proven to be decent, Leo, while not proved to be the high 1st round pick we thought he would be, is still a good player IMO.  Avery will be back next year.  I happen to like Jenkins and see him continuing to develop for us.  Robbie Anderson will only be gone if we can get 2 wide receivers better than him.  Since we have to replace Enumwa with a #1 wide receiver, and we have to fill all the holes on the offensive line, and we need a cornerback, I don't see us getting rid of Anderson next year.

Jenkins I say is 50/50. I don’t know if hes the type of OLB Joe Douglas wants. Maybe back on the cheap.

Robbie will probably be asking for #1 $. He’s no #1.

Leo is GONE. You can easily get that same production from an UDFA.

Harrison is clearly not likes by this regime. Some team will pay for him for solid depth.

Avery will not be back. Makes way too much $, wasn’t signed by this regime, and is coming off a major injury. He’s a huge cap savings cut and Cashman looks solid. Mosley essentially took Avery’s spot as they do the dame things.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Not sure I understand your logic on Anderson.  For a team with virtually no offensive playmakers why let him walk?  You put him opposite a legit WR1 along with Crowder and that's a decent group for Sam...

Because I believe he’ll be asking for big $. I like Robbie, but he can’t win one on ones with tough corners. That’s a huge liability if you’re supposed to be the top receiver.

He also doesn’t fight the ball. Douglas wants a tough team. If Robbie wants to take a fair deal i think he’d be back. I just don’t think he’s taking less to stay with us.

48 minutes ago, Alka said:

Leo is 100% gone

He's a FA. We're not franchise tagging him and are certainly not signing him to a long term deal. He's either traded this year before the deadline or he walks in the off season and we get a comp pick. He 100% wont be on our roster next year. Q William's takes his spot opposite Anderson. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

not so sure about jenkins or harrison.  possibly anderson stays if he and darnold start hooking up.  the rest are most likely gone.

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Jenkins I say is 50/50. I don’t know if hes the type of OLB Joe Douglas wants. Maybe back on the cheap.

Robbie will probably be asking for #1 $. He’s no #1.

Leo is GONE. You can easily get that same production from an UDFA.

Harrison is clearly not likes by this regime. Some team will pay for him for solid depth.

Avery will not be back. Makes way too much $, wasn’t signed by this regime, and is coming off a major injury. He’s a huge cap savings cut and Cashman looks solid. Mosley essentially took Avery’s spot as they do the dame things.

Robbie asking for #1 money Hahahgahaha 

7 hours ago, varjet said:
  • People thought 2019 was a Playoff Roster.  I did not.
  • People thought the Jets could compete in 2020. I did.  I do not anymore.
  • It will be 2021 before the Jets are remotely decent.  

I was hoping for 8-8 and watching Sam develop.  Not another long boring 4-12 season and watching Luke Falk half the year

Robbie - will resign, Jets are the only team that will make him an offer in the neighborhood of what he thinks he’s worth

offense:

Q - retired

Kalil - retired

Beachum - gone

Bell -  will request a trade but stays

Defense:

Leo - gone 

McClendon - gone

Avery - cut

Trumaine - cut

Jenkins - gone

I think Gregg Williams gets fired as the Johnsons will defer to Gase 

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

Depends on what transpires on the way to 0-16. I could see the entire locker room turning against this dude, Al Groh style.

I can't see it happening with the Douglas connection. That and the fact the Johnsons would be paying a couple of front office salaries for people no longer with the team. 

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I can't see it happening with the Douglas connection. That and the fact the Johnsons would be paying a couple of front office salaries for people no longer with the team. 

The Johnsons are lost.  Woody is hiding in London and trust fund Chrissy has no real authority 

The jets are literally a rudderless ship

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Just do what I did, put every poster on ignore except for Tom Shane and JIF.....?

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

The Johnsons are lost.  Woody is hiding in London and trust fund Chrissy has no real authority 

The jets are literally a rudderless ship

My point is Douglas is not firing the guy that was responsible for him getting a GM gig that pays big bucks over six years after one season together. Just because it might be deserving doesn't mean it's going too happen.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Joe the Breadman said:

What a mess. 

Your right....  and in 09 we barely made the playoffs...

Weve only had 2 or 3 home playoff games in the last 40 plus years.... absolutely pitiful

2002 was pretty good.  We had a home playoff game and won that... then lost the next week...

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, RobR said:

My point is Douglas is not firing the guy that was responsible for him getting a GM gig that pays big bucks over six years after one season together. Just because it might be deserving doesn't mean it's going too happen.  

Douglas is Gase’s boy.  Gase is running this dumpster fire