Bad game. But Sam will bounce back

12 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m confident he will bounce back this week vs the jags. im not gonna overreact to one bad game just like I didn’t to his good game vs Dallas.. I would feel a lot better if I could believe in the HC. Bout outside of the Dallas Game his offense has been horrible . And no adjustments vs same cover 0 blitz all game is alarming.

Where were the hot read slants?

Unless we win every game this year this game has ruined this season.  They need to sell all their top players.  Bell, CJ, Adams. 
This is not baseball or Madden. You do not trade away your best players and get better from it. The only way to get better is to cut ties with the players who bring the team down and replace them with better players. Giving up good players to draft someone who might be okay but also might bust out of the league is not the way.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

This game was exactly the game Mark Sanchez had against the Ravens that emasculated him for eternity.

Next week ... Expect check down Charlie or the Lev Bell show.

Trade everyone ... Move the team ... Rename it. It is over.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

he had a bad game.  it happens.  let's see how he can do against other defenses this year.  

i got 65 buttfumbles saying (jokingly) to trade him last week after he won player of the week award.  and now many of those same people are saying bench him, he sucks, get rid of him.  lol.  a bunch of yoyos here.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This game was exactly the game Mark Sanchez had against the Ravens that emasculated him for eternity.

Sanchez was beaten in that game like a drum.  Crushing hits.

Sam was barely hit.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

No Allen put up points against the Pats yours didn’t. Show me stat wise right now how Darnold is so much better than Allen since all the stat heads think that’s a tell all be all. I’ll wait.

Ahh, now I figured out what the problem is. You Bills fans don't like people talking about how good people think Darnold will be and the problems that Allen has. 

Sam Darnold has only played 3 games this year so stats are kind of irrelevant. But PFF has him as the 14th overall QB. Josh Allen is ranked 29th. Sam's ranking will drop after last night but again it's 1 game. Josh Allen has thrown 7 TD's and 7 INT's this year and you Bills fans are talking about him like he's a proven commodity already.

And once again, Josh Allen's crappy performance against the Patriots doesn't make him better than Darnold because Sam played crappier. Josh Allen completed 13 passes against New England and three 0TD's with 3 picks and exited the game before he had the opportunity to throw some more. So spare me the Josh Allen is great garbage because that's a fantasy at this point.

But I get it, your team is 5-1 so you're going to runaround and tell everyone how great Josh Allen is. I get it, I did similar things with Sanchez when we were winning. 

Sam Darnold has played 16 NFL career games. You don't know if Josh Allen is better than him or not.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Ahh, now I figured out what the problem is. You Bills fans don't like people talking about how good people think Darnold will be and the problems that Allen has. 

Sam Darnold has only played 3 games this year so stats are kind of irrelevant. But PFF has him as the 14th overall QB. Josh Allen is ranked 29th. Sam's ranking will drop after last night but again it's 1 game. Josh Allen has thrown 7 TD's and 7 INT's this year and you Bills fans are talking about him like he's a proven commodity already.

And once again, Josh Allen's crappy performance against the Patriots doesn't make him better than Darnold because Sam played crappier. Josh Allen completed 13 passes against New England and three 0TD's with 3 picks and exited the game before he had the opportunity to throw some more. So spare me the Josh Allen is great garbage because that's a fantasy at this point.

But I get it, your team is 5-1 so you're going to runaround and tell everyone how great Josh Allen is. I get it, I did similar things with Sanchez when we were winning. 

Sam Darnold has played 16 NFL career games. You don't know if Josh Allen is better than him or not.

No people on this site wanted to make it seem like Darnold was Aaron Rodgers or something and Allen was yesterday trash. 

I see how you failed to mention that at least the Bills with Allen can at least score on the Pats unlike the Jets with Darnold. These are two young smart QB’s Well see who everything plays out.

3 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

No people on this site wanted to make it seem like Darnold was Aaron Rodgers or something and Allen was yesterday trash. 

I see how you failed to mention that at least the Bills with Allen can at least score on the Pats unlike the Jets with Darnold. These are two young smart QB’s Well see who everything plays out.

The difference is the Bill's D is for real. I'm not even sure what our D is. 

43 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Sanchez sucked. He was never a good QB. Sam has shown more potential  with Mono than Sanchez ever did. 

17 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

"Bills with Allen can at least score on the Pats unlike the Jets with Darnold."

It was 1 game. Your QB is on a much better team and still played bad against New England. But because he had a rushing TD against them that makes him better?

Darnold shows all the ability and makings of a guy who is going to be a franchise QB. Josh Allen has a ton of physical talent. The Bills are a much better overall team than the Jets are but that doesn't mean Allen is better than Sam. But time will tell like you said.

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Sam didn’t have a good game.  But the next ten weeks I hope he shows that he’s our qb for the future. 

After a game like last night I really do wonder? The CS did NOTHING to help Sammy also. However, Sammy has shown since day one in NY that he has a very short memory. He makes a mistake, but he learns from it and puts it behind him. So it's my tendency to believe he'll be fine once he watches the tape and realized what he was seeing and how to combat it.

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Who is Darnold? - Off this showing he’s terrible. This game is a career turning point. He either turns it around Sunday or things go south. This isn’t looking like a franchise QB, we look screwed.

Yep that's it , its all on the line Sunday against the Jags ?. What do you people do in the real world , I'd hate to see how many times you all quit jobs when you have a bad day. 

10 hours ago, daquix said:

1) This is the type of game that RUINS quarterbacks - mentally - forever.

2) I challenge ANYONE to list as single young QB get humiliated by the Patriots like that and then become a franchise QB......... Zero. It hasn’t happened.

Ummm, no. If the QB is a franchise QB he has a different makeup mentally. Give the kid time and he's a different QB. If you can't pick up the blitz up the middle no-one can succeed.

59 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

After a game like last night I really do wonder? The CS did NOTHING to help Sammy also. However, Sammy has shown since day one in NY that he has a very short memory. He makes a mistake, but he learns from it and puts it behind him. So it's my tendency to believe he'll be fine once he watches the tape and realized what he was seeing and how to combat it.

I'm all for showing patience with Sam, but can we please top with the "CS and/or OL did nothing to help him" stuff, and especially stop with the "when he makes a mistake he learns from it" BS.

From his very first pass last night, Sam showed no ability to either see where the free man was coming from, nor did he show he did any ability to avoid that guy. He rarely stepped up into a throw, just reverted again to the "back foot QB" crap once again.  He was just throwing the ball up for grabs, or in his words "seeing ghosts."

Blaming the OL is another crutch. Brady got hit more then Darnold did. We're all using the word "rattled". That implies he was temporarily shaken. Let's hope that's the case and it's not the word I thought of.. Last night had better be a hit bottom moment for him. No HC or OL can overcome that kind of play from a QB.

Sam has shown glimpses of potential, and I still think he can become a FQB for this team. Let's just knock it off with the nonsense. You can't watch that fiasco last night and claim he's shown the ability to learn from his mistakes. He's still making the same ones he did early last year.

The over reactions that are being ridiculed are actually under reactions.  This franchise is in crisis mode.     No playoffs in a decade!!

There is no light at the end of this tunnel.  Wrong coach, sub par player personell....  

Upper management owes it to the fan base to address this dumspter fire.

Darnold has to be way better than this, even with bad coaching behind him.  I am one of the biggest Darnold supporters here, but this is now the second time in 16 starts that he's had an absolutely horrible game like this where he looked like he didn't belong on an NFL field.  I would be lying if I said this isn't concerning.  I so badly want him to be a sure thing and the franchise QB we've craved for so long, but this game has planted some bad seeds in my head for the first time.

I still Believe in Sam and hope he can shake this off and throw for 5 TD's next week.  

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  one game. Farve once threw 6 picks in a game. Seems like he had an ok career. 

Not these type of picks. Look, I was more being sarcastic. I still believe in Sam. But this was a game I've never seen out of any franchise guy. 1st or second year. Atrocious!

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Not these type of picks. Look, I was more being sarcastic. I still believe in Sam. But this was a game I've never seen out of any franchise guy. 1st or second year. Atrocious!

Are you kidding me. Farve had thrown some of the ugliest picks I have ever seen. They guy was the definition  of a gambler

What was worse Farve threw a lot of them without being under a lot of duress.

I mean have you ever watched him play?

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  one game. Farve once threw 6 picks in a game. Seems like he had an ok career. 

I'm not looking to argue here, so let's not turn this into one, ok?

I just want to say you are the second person this morning to bring up the name Brett Favre to defend Darnold's performance last night. I think that's crazy.

Let's just be honest with each other on this board today. Our QB had a really bad game last night. Last week he had a really good one. We just have to hope that as the year goes on we see tangible improvement from him. Let's stop with the knee jerk reactions (I'm not talking about you) after every game proclaiming him either a savior or a bust. Lets also stop ridiculing every other young QB who has a bad game. Playing QB in the NFL at a high level is one of, if not the hardest things to do in any team sport.

We think we might have a guy who can do it. How about we just watch and see how it plays out?